Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-12-2007, 07:44 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
No, they don't get it, in fact they really do have blinders on. I am for saving Wally's heritage. If the IBT is successful in getting that piece of BS passed i will walk and I will join any effort to form a new club. If that means VAC, CAC and clubs like WDCU (my unit) I will follow.

I am spitting mad at those who suggest that it is a "Wally cult". I will tell what it is not - a Fourwinds/THOR cult.
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:01 PM   #22
4 Rivet Member

1977 24' Argosy 24
Inverness , Florida
There is a lot that isn't explained that should be. I think the leadership (if you can call it that) is trying to pull the wool over our eyes and unfortunately, senior citizens are often gullible enough to not realize it and to let it happen.[/quote]

yep yep us old people over 60 are dumb and gullible. thank you for your stupid comment.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:51 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

Quit

I originated this thread. Just want to say, for the record, that if this amendment is passed, my wife and I will drop our WBCCI membership. We already belong to Good Sam, so will have plenty of multi-brand rallies to go to. My name sake, Wally Byam must be spining in his grave.

Wallybyam & Wife
wallybyam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:50 PM   #24
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
Come on Bob....

Bob,

Are you a member of WBCCI? If so, what is your number??? If not, why are you concerned about this issue - are you thinking about becoming a member?

You know Bob, I have discovered you practicing your craft on the XNXX forums (nice avatar BTW). I have seen you hack away at people with the strongest of vitriol for the smallest of issues (pun intended - if anybody wants to know what I am talking about PM me and I will send you a link). Once you warm up over there, you start swinging an axe here on these forums.

You own a motorhome, not even the class we are talking about, and for some reason think this is a personal attack against you. It is not about you. It has hothing to do with you personally. It is only about protecting the 52 year + single brand identity of this club by not accepting Fourwinds MOHO's into the club. What really is you point of exception?
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 05:26 AM   #25
Islay - 63 O.

1963 26' Overlander
Montreal , -
Send a message via MSN to dufferin
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobchevy89
There is a lot that isn't explained that should be. I think the leadership (if you can call it that) is trying to pull the wool over our eyes and unfortunately, senior citizens are often gullible enough to not realize it and to let it happen.
yep yep us old people over 60 are dumb and gullible. thank you for your stupid comment. [/quote]

ist's not because they're 60 that they're stupid, but it's also not because they're 60 that they can't be stupid.
nothing to do with age.
And I would not be surprised that they could consider under 60 not "experienced" enough to be heard...

Few rolling wheels to make our planet a house.

A 1/5th of her that I own.

TAC# : QC-1

my blog

https://rvcampreview.com
dufferin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 07:32 AM   #26
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobchevy89
There is a lot that isn't explained that should be. I think the leadership (if you can call it that) is trying to pull the wool over our eyes and unfortunately, senior citizens are often gullible enough to not realize it and to let it happen.
yep yep us old people over 60 are dumb and gullible. thank you for your stupid comment. [/quote]I apologize for stereotyping. I really shouldn't have done that, but the fact is that people in their senior years do tend to take people at face value and to be trusting. Their generation, and yours, are trustworthy for the most part. I know my own mom is way too trusting and a couple of times has almost been taken advantage of by slick talking sales pitches. Fortunately, she has never been swindled out of her life savings and when she has had to conduct business on her own since my father died such as buying a new car, the deals she has made haven't been to the extent that she couldn't afford them. But I'm getting off point. The point is is that seniors do tend to be trusting and do tend to be taken advantage of because of that point. This is why scammers and telemarketers will go after seniors when they can. This is a well know fact of life. It is a sad social commentary, but it is an unfortunate reality in this day and time.

When I read that the IBT initiated a proposal that will bring in SOB motorhomes into the WBCCI so they will have the option of buying a new motorhome whenever they please regardless of the tenants of the club constitution and that there are approximately 6,800 members or 7,800 members (depending on who you listen to and which month you read the Blue Beret) and that there are 860 members with motorhomes and that Jim Emlinger says that is 10-12% one month and 20% of the membership with motorhomes the next and then my local unit president (who owns a motorhome) says that's 30% of the members owning motorhomes, I can't help but believe the leadership of the WBCCI is pushing its own agenda and is trying to take advantage of the trusting nature and gullibility of the predominantly senior membership of the organization.

If that offends you, I am truly sorry that I did so. It was not my intention to personally attack any individual because of their age or whether they were retired or still working. But let's face it, seniors as a whole are more easily taken in because they are generally an honest group of people who are not as suspicious of others as other groups as a whole because they think other people are as honest as they are. Their whole lives have been spent dealing with other trustworthy people. Remember, deals used to be consummated with handshakes, now they are consummated with contracts that can consume reams of paper and tons of man-hours of legal fees. Times have changed quicker than people's mindsets change.

I may have just dug myself in deeper but I hope that you understand that I was trying to express my frustration that the IBT seems to be trying to do the same type of scam on its members that professional scam artist try to do and I think it stinks.
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 08:04 AM   #27
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Jonathon, I knew what you meant and having met you I know that you are not the type of person to intend any disrespect. My best friend lived to be 100 years old, living alone in her home, and while she was sharp as a tack until the day she died she and others realized there are those unscrupulous enough to prey on Seniors for many of the reasons you outlined in your post. This being an online forum it is easy to log in and and have a phrase catch our attention and we are able to react to it immediately without seeing or knowing its constructor or construction.

So now that we are all reved up it should be easy to channel our energy back towards the other brand motion proposed by the IBT. I think there are many members who do not attend their business meetings and trust that their leaders have their best interests at heart. They may not have picked up their Blue Beret and they may not be informed about the current business at hand. If they do not attend to vote, all their votes will be used and counted for them using that percentage scale of who is in attendance. That has serious potential to be damaging and not represent their wishes. I hope that the club can get 1M1V(1 member 1 vote) and a voting procedure to make at home voting a reality and impliment that as soon as possible to correct this. We also need to make active members aware of the impact this resolution, if passed, would have upon the club. The entire WBCCI structure is based on "being nice" and not speaking out and trusting the unopposed leaders and incumbants.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote