Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-27-2011, 12:21 PM   #261
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
I thought it was pretty clear that the constitution and bylaws were both being worked on.

Lets see what comes up tomorrow before getting too excited.

This could be progress?
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

RickDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:37 PM   #262
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanoeStream View Post
[ON EDIT: This thread is reopened. Please keep it on-topic -- WBCCI Bylaws/Constitution suggestions. Moderators will start a thread next week to reopen discussion before & during developments on the lawsuit refund issue. Please stay tuned... ]
What happened with this? I had not seen CanoeStream's edit before. Anyone know what band to tune to? (I feel a you tube video coming) Now I am curious.
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:40 PM   #263

San Diego , California
Leo, your post regarding Bob was uncalled for and flat out rude. If that is your normal mode of conversation, it's no wonder at all WBCCI asked you to leave.

Paul, your cynicism is limitless. Is there something special about WBCCI members that would cause them to act differently than the general public does in any kind of election? Would/will Forrest's motion get the kind of member by member thoughtful consideration you pine for? I seriously doubt either is true.

Frank, really, pay your dues or step aside and allow the adults with a stake in the process to have this conversation. You come across as a bitter, bitter man with an immovable chip on your shoulder.

Bob, you really should just stop replying to the barbs being thrown at you. You've put in the time and done a lot of work on a completely thankless project and I'm sure you've done your best to make sure that all points-of-view have been considered and that the final project will go a long way toward keeping WBCCI viable and current going forward. Thank you.

Everyone else, it seems as if waiting and seeing what tomorrow brings is the best course. You will all have plenty of time to review the proposed changes and have your voices heard through your delegates at International.

And by the way, I'm a disinterested observer who got swept up by following along with this drama all while simply perusing a site that largely deals with a topic that I love - rving not bickering . Hope you all hug and make up one day.
Sasparilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 05:23 PM   #264
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
interesting where your very first posts landed there Sasparilla, very interesting indeed followed by your second.

Usually most people just finding the forum post to something besides WB threads. Guess we all have our priorities.

Good to know the WB insiders are finally communicating. What a shame it was not on, the now defunct WB Forum.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 05:29 PM   #265

San Diego , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
interesting where your very first posts landed there Sasparilla, very interesting indeed followed by your second.

Usually most people just finding the forum post to something besides WB threads. Guess we all have our priorities.

Good to know the WB insiders are finally communicating. What a shame it was not on, the now defunct WB Forum.

Come again, in english please?
Sasparilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:53 PM   #266
Rivet Master

Sasparilla,

Based on the fact that you just joined Airforums today (1-27-2011), have posted about being able to use any motorhome by THOR (as long as it's sold through a Airstream dealer), you think Leo, I and Frank are bad, Bob is the best thing since sliced bread, that would tell be you must be a WBCCI motorhome owner at the Mid Winter IBT Meeting that has met Bob and thinks everything he has told you is the truth. If that's what you want to think, who cares.

It's sad that the SaveWally forum is down (you could go back and see how Bob posted under a different name (xyz69, Ithink) and said things that would make anything here that anyone said here look like a Sunday sermon.

I would suggest you go take an "Evelyn Wood Speed Reading Class", go back and read all the post regarding the WBCCI, DefendWally, SaveWally, WBCCI Forums, etc... with an open mind then see what you think. My guess, it will be very different.

You can even email Leo G for a copy of that letter from Norm to the Metro NY Unit that says in so many words what Bob is saying is not the truth! My guess you won't.

So, Sasparilla what kind of Airsteam do you own? You a member of the WBCCI? What's your current location?
Old 01-27-2011, 07:04 PM   #267
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
That's a lot of sass for a disinterested observer. Wow and out of the blue despite these things being a big turn off to you, there are definite opinions and presumed background knowlege. Fast work. As has been said before, most prefer you identify yourself so that we can better communicate our ideas to you and welcome to the forums. I have to say most hit the forums with an introduction or a crawl but you landed on your feet running. It will be very interesting following your posts and threads in the future. It is always a plus when people take a stand for what they believe and are not the least reluctant to express themselves.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:14 PM   #268
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Perhaps a troll in an aluminum hat (sheep's clothing)????????? NAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:29 PM   #269
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
OK, can we all step back and take a deep breath here for a moment? You know what will happen to this thread if you don't stop the shenanigans. I know I'm just a new mod, but even I can tell when a thread is about to slide off into oblivion.

As my mother always used to say, "It's not this in the morning!" which always confused the heck out of us kids.

So remember the Main Rule: Be Nice. OK?

Thanks!
Old 01-28-2011, 05:48 AM   #270
Rivet Master

1968 30' Sovereign
1959 18' "Footer"
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Brussels , Wisconsin
Nail on the head

Quote:
Originally Posted by wam52 View Post
Is there anywhere in this great game of "Scrabble" that will ensure the existance of an an Airstream Only Club? Provide for a reorganization based on cost effectiveness instead of tradition? And create a perception of Youthful Family Fun for the future growth and sustainment of the WBCCI. If not.....you failed!

WAM
Wayne has hit the nail on the head. No matter how you rewrite these things, if the club does not have a major image change this whole exercise is useless. Bylaws and Constitution rewrites will not help unless this club goes back to providing what the members want and what is need to draw new owners of AIRSTREAM PRODUCTS to it.

Removing a "the" or "this" from these documents is wasted time meetings, focus is needed on redesigning the International and Region rallies is what is needed. Modernization of these events to make them cost effective or value for the dollar spent is where this time needs to go. All this "meeting time" with the leadership speaking just to hear themselves speak is such a waste and can't be ah............ fun.

Rewriting is not what outsiders see nor for that matter most of the members see, its the activities and the perceived value that will help this club.

Focus IBT, quit being bureaucrats.
59 Traveler
68 Sovereign
Ed Emerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 05:58 AM   #271
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I'll be interested to see what the re-writes contain.

The 2012 International is at a site with 3-point hookups, as I understand. This is an improvement, correct, something attendees have been clamoring for?

Maggie
Old 01-28-2011, 06:05 AM   #272
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Actually I always enjoyed the price advantage of 3 amp shared electric. The cost of hook-ups bumped the price of Internationals by 2 or 3 hundred dollars. It was nice to have the option. Even still for the length of the rally that is a high cost for actual usage.

Where you may have heard convenience, many may have heard as I did... still too expensive to attend. The daisy chaining was part of the charm and comradery in my opinion. You meet your neighbors right off and begin helping one another. But at the prices they are charging I am clamoring for a hot tub and swimming pool and spa.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:20 AM   #273
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug&maggie View Post
I'll be interested to see what the re-writes contain.

The 2012 International is at a site with 3-point hookups, as I understand. This is an improvement, correct, something attendees have been clamoring for?

Maggie
There were 3 point hookups at Gillette. I think there are 3 point hookups at DuQouin. It appears that there are 3 point hookups at Sidalia.

This is only an "Improvement" if you want 3 point hook ups and are willing to pay around $200 more to have them.

No problem with that, but what about those of us who don't want them. There is no longer any 3amp or generator section, nor is a boondocking area offered.

I don't think they are worth the extra cost and about 270 other members at Madison didn't either. They all chose 3 amp. If half these members are not willing to pay an extras $200 for something they don't want, this is a significant loss of attendance.
I personally would be happy with NO hookups as long as there is a dump station and water faucet near by.

We attended 14 straight Internationals but we skipped Gillette and won't attend any others until there is a lower cost option (not over $300) available
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

Old 01-28-2011, 07:09 AM   #274
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickDavis View Post
There were 3 point hookups at Gillette. I think there are 3 point hookups at DuQouin. It appears that there are 3 point hookups at Sidalia.

This is only an "Improvement" if you want 3 point hook ups and are willing to pay around $200 more to have them.

No problem with that, but what about those of us who don't want them. There is no longer any 3amp or generator section, nor is a boondocking area offered.

I don't think they are worth the extra cost and about 270 other members at Madison didn't either. They all chose 3 amp. If half these members are not willing to pay an extras $200 for something they don't want, this is a significant loss of attendance.
I personally would be happy with NO hookups as long as there is a dump station and water faucet near by.

We attended 14 straight Internationals but we skipped Gillette and won't attend any others until there is a lower cost option (not over $300) available
Aaaah, I see. I knew there was an issue about hook-ups, misremembered what it was. Y'all want less, rather than more. Makes sense to me.

We will not attend an International until fees are reduced and some other things change from within the WBCCI. I know that TinLoaf is sponsoring a rally at Whittington Woods during the International this year, to offer a rally setting with lower cost camping options for those who want to attend during the day.

Thanks for the clarification.

Maggie
Old 01-28-2011, 07:26 AM   #275
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
DuQuoin is two point hook ups but the same rally fee as Gillette. We attended the Region 5 rally at DuQuoin in August and had to use the dump because they had not contracted for honey wagons. It is a nice location and the fairgrounds charge $15 a night for camping to travelers and clubs. They contract for many other club rallies. There was a 200 unit motorcycle rally and a 300 unit GMC Motorhome Rally when we were there. The WBCCI rally fee is set by the International president and his coordinators, based on best guess of total costs of putting on the rally, possible attendance, and what they think the market will bear.

I believe they were hoping for around 825 attendees.
dwightdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 08:06 AM   #276
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
For those who may be looking for an alternative to the International, There is also the 2nd annual Birthday Bash in Western Pa being held on the same dates. There is a forum thread on the bash. We attended last year, and signed up again for this year.
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

Old 02-04-2011, 03:39 PM   #277
Rivet Master

1981 27' Excella II
mays landing , South Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickDavis View Post
For those who may be looking for an alternative to the International, There is also the 2nd annual Birthday Bash in Western Pa being held on the same dates. There is a forum thread on the bash. We attended last year, and signed up again for this year.
That sounds like it would be fun. I might be old, but im not dead.
TAC N.J. 17
WBCCI 24740
noreen&sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 04:16 PM   #278
Rivet Master

2021 27' Globetrotter
Saint Louis , Missouri
There is also THIS rally

This rally is within a short driving distance of the International if you don't want to / can't afford to spend the money.

Several of us plan to be here and then drive down for a day.
BRN #20321 Air #4056
"Oooh - They have the Internet on computers now!" - Homer Simpson
cosmotini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:17 PM   #279
Aluminum in 3-D

1968 28' Ambassador
Seaside , Oregon
And on the West Coast we are having the Wally Byam B-Day rally in Wally's hometown of Baker City, Oregon. The local Museum is opening a large exhibit on Wally Byam and his Caravanners. Check out the discussion thread on WBCCI Rallies.

Membership chair
Wally Byam Airstream Club
Past President Oregon Unit 090

Campfires, the original social media!
wbcci#29827

Check out the [URL="https://airstreamclub.org/"and Wally Byam Airstream Club on facebook
Blue Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 02:25 AM   #280
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
A WB rally the same weekend as International? I seriously think there is a rule against that. No, joke.
The idea of a B-day celebration for Wally is awesome. In Baker, even better.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
constitution revision, wbcci