Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-07-2011, 05:32 AM   #201
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
I admire Don S. He knows history and has used it to his benefit. "He who does not learn from history is doomed to repeat it"

Much like Honest Abe Lincoln, he made the very people, threatening to bring him down, a part of his Cabinet. Over time they began to feel comfortable and even believed they possessed some control and influence in his cabinet. Ironically they were just puppets, kept in a position that could do nothing.

"Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies even closer"
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:31 PM   #202
Rivet Master

1981 27' Excella II
mays landing , South Jersey
Maybe im just simple, but what am I getting for the 75$? Sal.
noreen&sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:47 PM   #203
4 Rivet Member

Central Florida , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by noreen View Post
Maybe im just simple, but what am I getting for the 75$? Sal.
The best IBT money can buy!!!
Air Apparent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 03:35 AM   #204
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
About Two thirds of your $65 dues go to pay the three girls at Jackson Center to keep records and put together the publications you receive. About one third goes to the International and Region officers for their travel. The local units and officers receive no financial support from the club. $36,500 of the $330K budget goes to buy insurance to cover the liability for the club officers (National, Regional and Unit) and volunteers. Without that insurance, no one would volunteer to be leaders.
dwightdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:11 AM   #205
Moderator dude

1966 26' Overlander
Phoenix , Arizona
(NOTE THIS POST HAS BEEN REVISE BASED ON DATA FROM THE POST JUST BELOW)

Of all of the dues budgeted ~ $390,000.00 = $65 x 6000 projected paying members.

About 9% or $36,500 is libility insurance I would assume that covers all events as well
About 30% or $117,000 is to officers for travel expenses.
About 60% or $234,000 is going to service the club and for the publication.

Local unit dues are in addition to the above.

Interesting. (Note - The numbers are not exact and are only for comparitive purposes)

If the above is accurate, there is a question there ...........

>>>>>>Action
Old 01-08-2011, 11:20 AM   #206
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
International dues are $65. The local dues are determined by the Unit and vary between $1 and $20. There are projected to be between 6,000 and 6,200 members this year. If you are look at what is most important to the leaders, you need to look at where they find it appropriate to spend the money. The liability insurance also covers the club for damages to facilities caused by members at the rallies.
dwightdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 03:41 AM   #207
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
... and if there are not 6000 members this year? Is there an expected membership increase this year? I personally know of more than two dozen members holding back their dues right now until they see what happens with the Mid Winter meetings. 6200 members this year? is this the same 400 people that were expected at Madison but failed to arrive or pay their fees? Now I realize optimism is an excellent trait to posses, but realism is a much better trait when it comes to budgeting money.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:16 AM   #208
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
Why does it take more experience......

To be on the IBT than to be a member of Congress? All it takes to be elected to congress is a minimum age and sufficient votes. Perhaps running the WBCCI is more complicated? I don't know. On the other hand, maybe it wouldn't be the end of the world if the constitution were changed to allow "mere members" were allowed to run.

Visit my photography and painting website
https://rooseveltfineart.com
Instagram is r.w.roosevelt

Boondocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 01:53 PM   #209
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
... and if there are not 6000 members this year? Is there an expected membership increase this year? I personally know of more than two dozen members holding back their dues right now until they see what happens with the Mid Winter meetings. 6200 members this year? is this the same 400 people that were expected at Madison but failed to arrive or pay their fees? Now I realize optimism is an excellent trait to posses, but realism is a much better trait when it comes to budgeting money.
You have a point there. In his report to the IBT the international membership chairman said there were 5,467 members as of the end of November. Extrapolation based on historical trends leads to a prediction of about 6,200 members by June, 2011, but that number is not cast in stone.

This has been a highly atypical year, what with Leo G's expulsion, the dues increase, closing down the WBCCI member forum, $29,000 spent for lawyer letters threatening to sue members and former members, and the Defend Wally/Constitution and Bylaws Revision Committee fiasco.

Now the Mid Winter IBT faces two new hot potato issues, the unconstitutional "pocket veto" of Region 11's constitutional amendment and the bylaws amendment to admit non-Airstream motor homes to WBCCI events suggested by the motor home special committee. Depending on the outcome of these two issues, the historical renewal (and international rally attendance) trends might very well not apply in the next 6 months.

We shall see.
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 04:33 PM   #210
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Opt Out

I'm one who opted out. Voted with my pocketbook.

It's pretty passive - just DON'T send in a check. It's not like becoming a nun...

Should we have a bet on total membership? I'm guessing there will be 5500 or fewer members when the dust all settles.

anybody got this guy with tears running?

Paula
Old 01-09-2011, 05:01 PM   #211
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Just for clarification, when the document is referred to as the Bylaws it is usually meant to refer to both the Constitution and Bylaws as one in the same although they are two.

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 05:06 PM   #212
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Usually meant by whom? I know that they are separate documents, one is controlled by the IBT and one by the Delegates.

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
Just for clarification, when the document is referred to as the Bylaws it is usually meant to refer to both the Constitution and Bylaws as one in the same although they are two.
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 06:42 PM   #213
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post
It's pretty passive - just DON'T send in a check. It's not like becoming a nun...
Gosh, Paula, your region officers must not have come by yet for your excommunication ritual. I imagine they are running behind schedule on account of the backlog.

Standing in a circle around your trailer with candles in their black hooded robes, they recite the Wally Byam Creed in sepulchral tones while stripping off your red numbers one at a time. When the numbers are all gone the candles are simultaneously extinguished. A very impressive ceremony.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:51 PM   #214
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F View Post
........Standing in a circle around your trailer with candles in their black hooded robes, they recite the Wally Byam Creed in sepulchral tones while stripping off your red numbers one at a time. When the numbers are all gone the candles are simultaneously extinguished. A very impressive ceremony.
That is handy info. Peeling the numbers off leaves ghost #s that are an enormous pain to get off.

Visit my photography and painting website
https://rooseveltfineart.com
Instagram is r.w.roosevelt

Boondocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 07:48 PM   #215
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Just for clarification. . .

Quote:
Just for clarification. . .
Hi, Bob,

While you're clarifying, perhaps you can clarify another issue.

Back when you were offered the committee seat, you said that the lawsuit effort would be restarted if the outcome of the Mid Winter IBT was not satisfactory:

(8-24-10 on the now-closed lawsuit thread)
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Davis
I am assuming the lawsuit is not gone and could /would be reactivated if progress is not made??
Correct, hence the escrow account!
Old 01-09-2011, 08:27 PM   #216
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
What do you think constitutes a satisfactory outcome?

Old 01-09-2011, 08:36 PM   #217
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I don't see how you could possibly initiate the lawsuit from your appointed position as a committee member on the revision committee or see any likelihood that you ever seriously had that in mind to relaunch Bob. That is the conflict of interest that I was referring to not between you and Don Shaffer on the standing committee.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 08:46 PM   #218
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
What do you think constitutes a satisfactory outcome?
My opinion does not matter since I am not a member of the inner circle such as yourself.

However if you would like for me to answer your question I will do so to the best of my ability.

You will not like my answer, and bearing in mind this is a public forum, I am giving you an opportunity to withdraw your question or ask again, as you wish.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:49 PM   #219
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
answer it

Old 01-10-2011, 03:14 AM   #220
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Having a bit of farm experience in my background, I can tell you the pig, cow, goat, chicken, committee member,... they all know what coming when the time comes. I suspect strongly, humans have the same trait.

Tags
constitution revision, wbcci