Old 10-17-2010, 10:05 AM   #113
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post

However, since suggestions paused being presented and Dona has not received one suggestion I can only draw one conclusion.

tb
Ok, A little slow on my part, but as of this morning I have sent 4 pages to Dona regarding my thoughts on what changes need to be made.
Nothing new since it has mostly been said before.
Hopefully others will do the same.

99 Dodge TD 577K miles

RickDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 10:52 AM   #114
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
She has not received any as of last week, and she is traveling this week.

More importantly did you get any conformation of receipt?

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 11:08 AM   #115
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
At the Region 12 rally this weekend, I overhead a comment that the committee has proposals to eliminate about 70 pages from either the constitution or blue book. It was not clear as to what document he was talking about.

Any comment LIPets?

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 11:25 AM   #116
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
Quote:
She has not received any as of last week, and she is traveling this week.

More importantly did you get any conformation of receipt?
I just sent it by e mail as a word attachment. I assume they do get e mail on the road and I will be watching for a confirm of receipt
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

Old 10-17-2010, 11:32 AM   #117
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
The way it breaks down is there are 35 pages of policies, those will likely be separated except for a few.

The bylaws contain many items that are redundant not only within the bylaws but the Constitution.

The order of things is the Constitution is the locomotive and the Bylaws are the rail cars.

If something is not described in either then RONR is the governing document.

I expect the both docs when finally revised will be about 15 constitution and about 20 Bylaws pages.

A much easier read and easier to understand by all.

Old 10-17-2010, 11:38 AM   #118
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Arrow Summary of suggestions to date

If I missed anyone's points please add.

• Forest proposal change in voting
  • grievance committee
  • Have the IBT stop misappropriating funds.
  • Have the IBT act prudently and reasonably in regard to the management of the organizations affairs.
  • Have the IBT do its duties to ensure effective organizational planning, establish programs and services consistent with the organization's mission and assist in implementing and monitoring the plan's goals.
  • Have the IBT provide financial oversight and assist in developing a balanced annual budget and ensuring that proper financial controls are in place.
  • Have the IBT manage, supervise and control the activities, affairs, property and funds of the International Club.
  • Have the IBT ensure legal and ethical integrity and maintain accountability for adherence to legal standards and ethical practices.
  • Have the IBT establish procedures to ensure that each board member understands and complies with his or her duties as a board member.
  • Have the IBT monitor the conduct of its board members to ensure the organization is being properly managed.
  • Stop the discrimination unfair practices of raising MAL dues.
  • Relax the dress code at events
  • Cut down the number of regions
  • There must be a way to vote that gives each and every member the opportunity to, be it by mail, in person, or electronically.
  • No running from the floor, nominees must declare in advance as is every political seat in Government
  • Electronic voting
  • Members at Large (MAL) shall be allowed to vote in all international elections.
  • MALs shall be allowed to vote in all region elections providing they reside in that region based on their address on file at HQ.
  • MALs shall be allowed to hold office. I doubt it
  • All amendments to either the International Constitution or By-laws shall be approved by a direct vote of the membership.
  • International Officers shall be elected by a direct vote of the membership
  • The slate of candidates proposed by the Nominating Committee along with any candidates by petition shall be published in the Blue Beret (BB) at no charge to the candidates.
  • amendments to the International Constitution and/or By-laws shall also be published in the BB prior to the vote
  • Members have the option of either voting by returning the mail ballot or by the internet.
  • Revise present constitution, that's the purpose of the committee
  • commitment to freedom of speech, sure if it's civil w/o personnel attacks.
  • Code of Ethics
  • Blue Beret update
  • Reduce National Officers Travel reimbursement
  • Change International Rally time before July 4th, reduce cost of the venue, allow folks to be home on the 4th with their families aka barbecues, family reunions.
  • Hire an event planner to coordinate locations contract deals, like the vendors should be paying a majority of the costs. This allows the IBT to manage the club not do the event panning.
  • Exec board have an option to serve a second year term.

Old 10-17-2010, 12:04 PM   #119
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
MAL voting

"MALs shall be allowed to hold office."

There is no logical reason to not allow a MAL to hold office in an Intraclub, VAC, Radio club etc as none of these are geographic in nature.

I can understand a restriction on the region level
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

Old 10-17-2010, 02:50 PM   #120
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
The worst thing an elected officer can do is fail to participate. A reluctance to participate by devoting meaningful hours is the reason a lot of us are/were mals. Accordingly, i rather agree that mals should not be officers; a member who has served his unit well is more likely to serve in his elected office.

As for the ethics and grievance committee, it is natural that management will use it to stifle dissent whether civil or not. It has been shown that uncivil activity will be overlooked as long as the activity is not directed toward management: ie the dumping of tea on Mr Garvey's head and the decidedly uncivil activity directed against users of the old wbcci website when they crossed website management.

Power tends to corrupt, absolute power corrupts absolutely. The Ethics and Grievance committee is designed to suppress dissent using "niceness" as a criteria. Problem is that management fails to respond unless voices are raised in anger, sparking an angry response. ergo, a suspension and expulsion.

Pat

AIR 3987
TAC VA-2
WBCCI 4596
pmclemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 03:26 PM   #121
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
A MAL is not only paying "full fright membership" to the International and they are in some cases paying a premium above that of unit membership, more than general membership to WDCU or 4 Corners.

What is the justification to restrict their running for office other than keeping them from invading the "Good Old Boys Club". If they can present themselves to the membership in such a way as to gather the votes needed to be elected than let them serve.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 03:43 PM   #122
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
The reason I feel they should not hold office is not having the benefit of belonging to a unit and learning the way the unit works and running/holding for/a office at the unit level first are they qualified?

I'm not closed minded so if you can explain your position, lets talk about it.

Howie the Mals pay $25 surcharge, it would be cheaper to join almost any unit.

Some don't join a unit because they feel they will be obligated to do a voluntary function, others just Caravan.

Someone brought up the idea of of giving them a deadline to join a unit like 5 years.

They miss out on unit newsletters in their area also so they are very much out of the loop.

There are about 650 Mals currently.

Old 10-17-2010, 03:48 PM   #123
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickDavis View Post
"MALs shall be allowed to hold office."

There is no logical reason to not allow a MAL to hold office in an Intraclub, VAC, Radio club etc as none of these are geographic in nature.

I can understand a restriction on the region level
Is there a logical reason they decline to join a unit in the first place?

Rick why do U think they don't and not having done so Y would they even have an interest in joining an intraclub.

Ps: Dona just a short while ago received your info and distributed to all of us, thanks.

Old 10-17-2010, 05:01 PM   #124
Commercial Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
On MALs and office-holding, one could also put it the other way around: They can run for any office they want, but with the restriction that they cannot participate in decision-making when units are involved.
Lynn
Old 10-17-2010, 05:24 PM   #125
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
Quote:
Is there a logical reason they decline to join a unit in the first place?

Rick why do U think they don't and not having done so Y would they even have an interest in joining an intraclub.

Ps: Dona just a short while ago received your info and distributed to all of us, thanks.
I know a number of people who wanted to join as a MAL just so they could join the vintage club.
I can even see myself in that position. I do belong to my local unit, but probably would be content with being a MAL and belonging to the vintage club and the Ham radio club. My local unit, although nice people, does little that fits into our interests and our interests don't fit well with many of them. The units that do are to far away.

Other reasons could be caravanning or access to the Airstream parks.

I have belonged to Escapees for many years but I do not belong to the local chapter.
I know of no other camping club that penalizes members for not joining a unit or chapter.
I would certainly encourage anyone to join their local unit. Just don't think it should be forced.
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

Old 10-17-2010, 07:44 PM   #126
Commercial Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
Rick, you can also imagine MAL status for folks who full-time in their Airstreams. (Think of folks who currently belong to the Escapees just so that they have a voting residence, mail forwarding, and some other stuff.) In effect, they no longer have a geographic location, a physical home attached to a bit of real estate that resides in the realm of some unit or another.

Lynn

Tags
constitution revision, wbcci