Old 01-26-2011, 07:36 PM   #253
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Success

Update, meetings have been ongoing since Sunday at the Mid Winter, a consensus has now been reached.

Kerry Mattiia of the Revision Committee will make a summary synopsis report on the progress of the NEW CONSTITUTION Friday Morning near the beginning of the meeting, please listen in for details.

There are a few T's to cross and i's to dot but it is 99% completed.

The Committee will be working over the next 10 days or so to finalize the document. More details will be forth coming as to timing and how publishing will occur.

It it will be presented in the next few weeks to all members to review and a list of Committee members and others will be made available for any member to contact via email and or tel, this will give everyone an opportunity to fully understand the New document before voting upon it.

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 05:22 AM   #254
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Bob, Question: Who exactly asked you and this Kerry Mattia to rewrite the Constitution? Was this something you felt needed doing? Was it mandated by some part of the "Law Suit" that you threatened to bring on? Was it something the IBT asked you do? How did, specifically, the task of "rewriting the Constitution" come about?

Bob, answer like a man who bought himself into position, not like you usually do. Give a straight up answer to us, all of us, members and non members, supporters, detractor, reactors. "WE" all want to know how this came about. How it is you, the guy leading the charge to sue the IBT, would be thrust into such a serious and important position.

Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:08 AM   #255
2 Rivet Member

1992 34' Excella
riverhead , New York
Bobs Involvement

Dear Frank,
I don't believe we know each other. I do not post here very much. But I can tell you that it was I that made the motion for Metro NY to commit our units treasury to help fund the lawsuit.
We are passionate about making changes to our club. At the time it appeared that only a LAWSUIT could effect changes since all past efforts seemed to fail.
When the opportunity came (as a result of the imminent pending lawsuit) for a possible negotiated settlement - we choose to give it a chance.
Bob, was a hard worker in making it all happen. We knew he was competent and knew he had the skills and knew we could trust him.
We are thankful that he is willing to give his time and commitment to hopefully make some needed changes in our club.
Never Stop A Working Man.
Thanks, for hearing my perspective.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:35 AM   #256
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
Bob, Question: Who exactly asked you and this Kerry Mattia to rewrite the Constitution?
Frank, after 7 months how is it you don't know when you've been following these threads like a hawk?
Anyway, Norm Beu formed the Revision Committee of five members

Quote:
Was this something you felt needed doing? Was it mandated by some part of the "Law Suit" that you threatened to bring on? ? How did, specifically, the task of "rewriting the Constitution" come about?
Yes it needed being done to save this club, mandated no, it was sparked by a DW forming along with Kerry M and others having the foresight to see that "time for major changes was needed the whole issue came to light and being at the '10 International.

Quote:
Bob, answer like a man who bought himself into position, not like you usually do.
If you don't follow my tongue in cheek replies by now or my sense of humor I give up.
Going back and forth in these forums is done for fun, you know all about fun right Frank! "we're dead serious about having fun"

Quote:
How it is you, the guy leading the charge to sue the IBT, would be thrust into such a serious and important position.
Easy, Defend Wally was the leading the cause and the biggest voice of several hundred members demanding change, there were several nominations [by unit presidents and interclubs] Joe P, Tom S and I were selected, Donna G and Kerry M were appointed.

The Exec Board wanted the large group of detractors represented in the formation of the NEW Bylaws.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:42 AM   #257
Rivet Master

I can only hope they offer a "DIFF FILE" along with the "re-write" of the constitution so one can see the word for word difference between "old" and the "new and improved" versions. Based on the history I've seen in the club when it comes to voting on changes to the WBCCI Constitution, many members will not take the time to read/understand the changes wanting to be made. These members will look to their Unit Prez's for how they should vote. Many of the Unit Prez's will not even understand what they are really being asked to vote on and will ask their Region Prez's if they think it's a good idea. So, in the end, you will have someone in order to keep their own power tell a person how they should vote, who in turn will tell a group of people how they should vote.

Does anyone really think that the "general" membership is really going to take the time to really understand the changes they are about to vote on??

Plus, lets say I read it and want to make changes to the document "before" the voting takes place. How will that be done? Will the membership have to wait until the floor of the Delegates meeting before any changes will be made to the document to be voted on? If that's the case, you talk about a can of worms?

I think most were blind sighted by the news that the "CONSTITUTION" was also going through a "re-write" and not only the "BY-LAWS". Because there were those the whole time using the term "By-Laws" to include both WHEN THEY ARE NOT!!!

So can those on the inside tell us how changes can be made to the document that will be voted on be done "before" the delegates meeting?
Old 01-27-2011, 12:06 PM   #258
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideair View Post
I think most were blind sighted by the news that the "CONSTITUTION" was also going through a "re-write" and not only the "BY-LAWS". Because there were those the whole time using the term "By-Laws" to include both WHEN THEY ARE NOT!!!
That is factually incorrect!

Old 01-27-2011, 12:43 PM   #259
2 Rivet Member

Windham , New Hampshire
Is there anywhere in this great game of "Scrabble" that will ensure the existance of an an Airstream Only Club? Provide for a reorganization based on cost effectiveness instead of tradition? And create a perception of Youthful Family Fun for the future growth and sustainment of the WBCCI. If not.....you failed!

WAM

wam52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:43 PM   #260
Rivet Master

Oh no Bob, don't even go there! Even Bill Kerfoot post on 1/15/2011 under the Mid-Winter Meeting thread wrote:

"Bob,

The committee has rewritten the Constitution?

Bill"

Sounds like that was news to him too. Bill's a pretty smart guy, you going to tell me over the past 8 months that he to mis-understood what you were saying (or were-not saying)? So I'm not the only one that was blind sighted by that news! So it is "factually correct".

How about answers to the other questions, do members get input before the meeting?, how can they go about doing it? etc...
Old 01-27-2011, 01:21 PM   #261
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
I thought it was pretty clear that the constitution and bylaws were both being worked on.

Lets see what comes up tomorrow before getting too excited.

This could be progress?
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

RickDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:37 PM   #262
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanoeStream View Post
[ON EDIT: This thread is reopened. Please keep it on-topic -- WBCCI Bylaws/Constitution suggestions. Moderators will start a thread next week to reopen discussion before & during developments on the lawsuit refund issue. Please stay tuned... ]
What happened with this? I had not seen CanoeStream's edit before. Anyone know what band to tune to? (I feel a you tube video coming) Now I am curious.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:40 PM   #263

San Diego , California
Leo, your post regarding Bob was uncalled for and flat out rude. If that is your normal mode of conversation, it's no wonder at all WBCCI asked you to leave.

Paul, your cynicism is limitless. Is there something special about WBCCI members that would cause them to act differently than the general public does in any kind of election? Would/will Forrest's motion get the kind of member by member thoughtful consideration you pine for? I seriously doubt either is true.

Frank, really, pay your dues or step aside and allow the adults with a stake in the process to have this conversation. You come across as a bitter, bitter man with an immovable chip on your shoulder.

Bob, you really should just stop replying to the barbs being thrown at you. You've put in the time and done a lot of work on a completely thankless project and I'm sure you've done your best to make sure that all points-of-view have been considered and that the final project will go a long way toward keeping WBCCI viable and current going forward. Thank you.

Everyone else, it seems as if waiting and seeing what tomorrow brings is the best course. You will all have plenty of time to review the proposed changes and have your voices heard through your delegates at International.

And by the way, I'm a disinterested observer who got swept up by following along with this drama all while simply perusing a site that largely deals with a topic that I love - rving not bickering . Hope you all hug and make up one day.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:23 PM   #264
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
interesting where your very first posts landed there Sasparilla, very interesting indeed followed by your second.

Usually most people just finding the forum post to something besides WB threads. Guess we all have our priorities.

Good to know the WB insiders are finally communicating. What a shame it was not on, the now defunct WB Forum.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:29 PM   #265

San Diego , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
interesting where your very first posts landed there Sasparilla, very interesting indeed followed by your second.

Usually most people just finding the forum post to something besides WB threads. Guess we all have our priorities.

Good to know the WB insiders are finally communicating. What a shame it was not on, the now defunct WB Forum.

Come again, in english please?
Old 01-27-2011, 07:53 PM   #266
Rivet Master

Sasparilla,

Based on the fact that you just joined Airforums today (1-27-2011), have posted about being able to use any motorhome by THOR (as long as it's sold through a Airstream dealer), you think Leo, I and Frank are bad, Bob is the best thing since sliced bread, that would tell be you must be a WBCCI motorhome owner at the Mid Winter IBT Meeting that has met Bob and thinks everything he has told you is the truth. If that's what you want to think, who cares.

It's sad that the SaveWally forum is down (you could go back and see how Bob posted under a different name (xyz69, Ithink) and said things that would make anything here that anyone said here look like a Sunday sermon.

I would suggest you go take an "Evelyn Wood Speed Reading Class", go back and read all the post regarding the WBCCI, DefendWally, SaveWally, WBCCI Forums, etc... with an open mind then see what you think. My guess, it will be very different.

You can even email Leo G for a copy of that letter from Norm to the Metro NY Unit that says in so many words what Bob is saying is not the truth! My guess you won't.

So, Sasparilla what kind of Airsteam do you own? You a member of the WBCCI? What's your current location?

Tags
constitution revision, wbcci