Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-12-2011, 11:55 AM   #241
4 Rivet Member

2000 31' Land Yacht
I am waiting also. Not really expecting anything to come of all this, except the demise of WBCCI in a few years. The only people I really feel sorry for are the staff at Jackson Center. I gave up on my money ages ago.
jimmickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 07:23 PM   #242
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
Only 13 days and we will get our first hint of what is (or isn't) happening
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

RickDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 07:25 PM   #243
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
less than 13

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:25 PM   #244
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Whoa!!! This is going too far. Several posts have been deleted on the currently suspended topic of lawsuit refunds.

WBCCI threads aren't separated out on the portal page so that nobody will notice them. It's a convenience and that currently is being abused. The community rules apply here too. This thread (not members) is taking a 48 hour timeout.

No individual will be able to censor the community by acting out. That's no good. Civil posts are welcome when this reopens.

[ON EDIT: This thread is reopened. Please keep it on-topic -- WBCCI Bylaws/Constitution suggestions. Moderators will start a thread next week to reopen discussion before & during developments on the lawsuit refund issue. Please stay tuned... ]

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:03 PM   #245
Certifiable

. , .
How incredibly rude...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
answer it
When are YOU going to answer it?
Old 01-16-2011, 09:42 PM   #246
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
John, a good outcome is having the Exec Board move the revised Constitution forward to the delegates.

Old 01-17-2011, 04:53 AM   #247
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
John, Don, some even call him Ron.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 03:19 AM   #248
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwightdi View Post
International dues are $65. The local dues are determined by the Unit and vary between $1 and $20. There are projected to be between 6,000 and 6,200 members this year. If you are look at what is most important to the leaders, you need to look at where they find it appropriate to spend the money. The liability insurance also covers the club for damages to facilities caused by members at the rallies.
And the real number is out... 5496. A short fall of 504 from what the budget was hoping to be based on. 704 if you use 6200. I sure hope those planning, do a better job with their personal budgets. That is a short fall to the budget of $32,760 or $45,760 depending on what numbers you use. I would imagine the lower number is used to justify using the money in the bank to cover it.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:03 AM   #249
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
And the real number is out... 5496. A short fall of 504 from what the budget was hoping to be based on. 704 if you use 6200. I sure hope those planning, do a better job with their personal budgets. That is a short fall to the budget of $32,760 or $45,760 depending on what numbers you use. I would imagine the lower number is used to justify using the money in the bank to cover it.
Not quite correct. The final membership numbers for the year won't be known until about September or so (after which time new members get the remainder of this year and all of next year when they join. I do not know what the rate of new members is, but I am sure they planned on counting all that will join during the first half plus of 2011 in their 2010-2011 budgets.
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 03:36 AM   #250
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
5947 was listed in the directory last year. Would you like to throw out your adjusted number Joe? Be sure to factor in the the whole year and the fact that we had a total Lunar eclipse during that period too.

Bottom line... the money will come up short. The budget is flawed, and the difference will come from the infamous "million in the bank"
Old 01-21-2011, 04:18 AM   #251
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Quote:
5947 was listed in the directory last year. Would you like to throw out your adjusted number Joe? Be sure to factor in the the whole year and the fact that we had a total Lunar eclipse during that period too.

Bottom line... the money will come up short. The budget is flawed, and the difference will come from the infamous "million in the bank"
No the exact number is not a concern to me. I just point out that peak membership occurs just before the next year begins and I expect that most people would use that number in their budget estimates. The official numbers that are published as a result of the count in November of the prior year for the Membership Directory are the smallest that would ever apply to a given year since they occur at the start, yet people join throughout the year. These early numbers are valid for showing membership trends (and we all agree the trend is not good), but I doubt they are used for budgeting purposes. That's all.

Now I will step back out of this discussion and get back to enjoying my Airstreams. I probably should have just let this topic run it's course without commenting. Sorry for the interuption.
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:59 AM   #252
Rivet Master

1969 31' Sovereign
Broken Arrow , Oklahoma
The budget will not be that short while $30K or $40K loss is a lot of money to an individual like me it is only about .0005% of the total revenue and not as big of an issue as loosing 250+ "members" that is a big deal.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:36 PM   #253
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Success

Update, meetings have been ongoing since Sunday at the Mid Winter, a consensus has now been reached.

Kerry Mattiia of the Revision Committee will make a summary synopsis report on the progress of the NEW CONSTITUTION Friday Morning near the beginning of the meeting, please listen in for details.

There are a few T's to cross and i's to dot but it is 99% completed.

The Committee will be working over the next 10 days or so to finalize the document. More details will be forth coming as to timing and how publishing will occur.

It it will be presented in the next few weeks to all members to review and a list of Committee members and others will be made available for any member to contact via email and or tel, this will give everyone an opportunity to fully understand the New document before voting upon it.

Old 01-27-2011, 04:22 AM   #254
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Bob, Question: Who exactly asked you and this Kerry Mattia to rewrite the Constitution? Was this something you felt needed doing? Was it mandated by some part of the "Law Suit" that you threatened to bring on? Was it something the IBT asked you do? How did, specifically, the task of "rewriting the Constitution" come about?

Bob, answer like a man who bought himself into position, not like you usually do. Give a straight up answer to us, all of us, members and non members, supporters, detractor, reactors. "WE" all want to know how this came about. How it is you, the guy leading the charge to sue the IBT, would be thrust into such a serious and important position.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:08 AM   #255
2 Rivet Member

1992 34' Excella
riverhead , New York
Bobs Involvement

Dear Frank,
I don't believe we know each other. I do not post here very much. But I can tell you that it was I that made the motion for Metro NY to commit our units treasury to help fund the lawsuit.
We are passionate about making changes to our club. At the time it appeared that only a LAWSUIT could effect changes since all past efforts seemed to fail.
When the opportunity came (as a result of the imminent pending lawsuit) for a possible negotiated settlement - we choose to give it a chance.
Bob, was a hard worker in making it all happen. We knew he was competent and knew he had the skills and knew we could trust him.
We are thankful that he is willing to give his time and commitment to hopefully make some needed changes in our club.
Never Stop A Working Man.
Thanks, for hearing my perspective.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:35 AM   #256
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Lightbulb

Quote:
Bob, Question: Who exactly asked you and this Kerry Mattia to rewrite the Constitution?
Frank, after 7 months how is it you don't know when you've been following these threads like a hawk?
Anyway, Norm Beu formed the Revision Committee of five members

Quote:
Was this something you felt needed doing? Was it mandated by some part of the "Law Suit" that you threatened to bring on? ? How did, specifically, the task of "rewriting the Constitution" come about?
Yes it needed being done to save this club, mandated no, it was sparked by a DW forming along with Kerry M and others having the foresight to see that "time for major changes was needed the whole issue came to light and being at the '10 International.

Quote:
Bob, answer like a man who bought himself into position, not like you usually do.
If you don't follow my tongue in cheek replies by now or my sense of humor I give up.
Going back and forth in these forums is done for fun, you know all about fun right Frank! "we're dead serious about having fun"

Quote:
How it is you, the guy leading the charge to sue the IBT, would be thrust into such a serious and important position.
Easy, Defend Wally was the leading the cause and the biggest voice of several hundred members demanding change, there were several nominations [by unit presidents and interclubs] Joe P, Tom S and I were selected, Donna G and Kerry M were appointed.

The Exec Board wanted the large group of detractors represented in the formation of the NEW Bylaws.

Old 01-27-2011, 10:42 AM   #257
Rivet Master

I can only hope they offer a "DIFF FILE" along with the "re-write" of the constitution so one can see the word for word difference between "old" and the "new and improved" versions. Based on the history I've seen in the club when it comes to voting on changes to the WBCCI Constitution, many members will not take the time to read/understand the changes wanting to be made. These members will look to their Unit Prez's for how they should vote. Many of the Unit Prez's will not even understand what they are really being asked to vote on and will ask their Region Prez's if they think it's a good idea. So, in the end, you will have someone in order to keep their own power tell a person how they should vote, who in turn will tell a group of people how they should vote.

Does anyone really think that the "general" membership is really going to take the time to really understand the changes they are about to vote on??

Plus, lets say I read it and want to make changes to the document "before" the voting takes place. How will that be done? Will the membership have to wait until the floor of the Delegates meeting before any changes will be made to the document to be voted on? If that's the case, you talk about a can of worms?

I think most were blind sighted by the news that the "CONSTITUTION" was also going through a "re-write" and not only the "BY-LAWS". Because there were those the whole time using the term "By-Laws" to include both WHEN THEY ARE NOT!!!

So can those on the inside tell us how changes can be made to the document that will be voted on be done "before" the delegates meeting?
Old 01-27-2011, 11:06 AM   #258
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideair View Post
I think most were blind sighted by the news that the "CONSTITUTION" was also going through a "re-write" and not only the "BY-LAWS". Because there were those the whole time using the term "By-Laws" to include both WHEN THEY ARE NOT!!!
That is factually incorrect!

Old 01-27-2011, 11:43 AM   #259
2 Rivet Member

Windham , New Hampshire
Is there anywhere in this great game of "Scrabble" that will ensure the existance of an an Airstream Only Club? Provide for a reorganization based on cost effectiveness instead of tradition? And create a perception of Youthful Family Fun for the future growth and sustainment of the WBCCI. If not.....you failed!

WAM

wam52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:43 AM   #260
Rivet Master

Oh no Bob, don't even go there! Even Bill Kerfoot post on 1/15/2011 under the Mid-Winter Meeting thread wrote:

"Bob,

The committee has rewritten the Constitution?

Bill"

Sounds like that was news to him too. Bill's a pretty smart guy, you going to tell me over the past 8 months that he to mis-understood what you were saying (or were-not saying)? So I'm not the only one that was blind sighted by that news! So it is "factually correct".

How about answers to the other questions, do members get input before the meeting?, how can they go about doing it? etc...

Tags
constitution revision, wbcci