Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 12:48 PM   #761
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Carol, the time for your question(s) has not ripened yet.

Old 08-23-2010, 06:46 AM   #762
Rivet Master

Need "Holding Breath" face
‘62 Overlander 26 ft. ATW Yeager trailer #5289
"62 Airstream 22ft. ATW Hall trailer #83,’90 SQ Sream, ‘06 Bambi Q/S, Prevost Featherlite 45ft, GMC/ Bigfoot camper
Old 08-23-2010, 07:32 AM   #763
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Thumbs up

A little birdie tells me an announcement as to the status will be posted later today.

Old 08-23-2010, 10:32 PM   #764
Rivet Master

Yawn
‘62 Overlander 26 ft. ATW Yeager trailer #5289
"62 Airstream 22ft. ATW Hall trailer #83,’90 SQ Sream, ‘06 Bambi Q/S, Prevost Featherlite 45ft, GMC/ Bigfoot camper
Old 08-24-2010, 12:57 PM   #765
1 Rivet Member

1983 31' International
Aquebogue , New York
Defend Wally/Metro NY withholds lawsuit against WBCCI, seeks amicable resolution

Numerous Defend Wally and Metro NY members are dissatisfied with the WBCCI status quo, and feel that positive change in the club is both urgent and necessary if it is to survive. These same members believe that their voices are not being heard, and that positive change is being blocked by antiquated, cumbersome club procedures and disinterested past officers. To address this situation, Defend Wally created a legal fund and Metro NY later came on board as an additional plaintiff. Legal counsel was retained to file suit against WBCCI and institute change.

During the course of preparing the law suit, Defend Wally/Metro NY was contacted by WBCCI. Discussions began, and eventually centered on withholding the lawsuit in exchange for appointing a representative from Defend Wally/Metro NY to sit on a newly created “By-Laws Revision Committee.” This five member Committee would be tasked with consolidating and incorporating changes to the club’s Bylaws and Constitution. Encouraged by this turn of events and intent upon having a seat at the table to institute positive change within WBCCI, Defend Wally/Metro NY has decided to withhold filing suit in the hope that changes in the club can be achieved amicably through this new Committee.

Unfortunately, Mr. Leo G has declined such compromise. He has moved on in another direction and is in no way involved with Defend Wally/Metro NY’s desire to achieve change through dialogue, negotiation, and compromise.

Defend Wally/Metro NY has chosen a representative to the Committee, and he has been duly appointed by WBCCI. It is the desire of this individual to represent any members who are dissatisfied with the club, and to bridge the disharmony between our groups. This representative will be a conduit for these dissatisfied members, and seek to institute constructive change and cooperation from within the club. We believe it is critical to the club’s creditability that the concerns of these members be properly addressed, and that the parties continue to operate in good faith, toward the resolution of any outstanding issues.

To this end we have directed counsel to suspend legal action while the By-Laws Revision Committee meets to generate its recommendations, and the WBCCI act upon same.

Sincerely,
Michele M. Curley
President Metro NY Unit
and on behalf of Defend Wally
Old 08-24-2010, 01:16 PM   #766
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Who is the representative to the bylaw's committee? Is it someone who is creative, can make agreements, is not guided by anger, can provide leadership, understands what the legal implications of bylaws revisions are?

Different personalities get very different results.

Gene
Old 08-24-2010, 01:22 PM   #767
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
When will this committee first meet? Who is the representative that NY has selected for this five member committee? and who appoints the other four? When will this committee be announced to the general membership? They would need a meeting of the IBT to approve creating a new standing committee per our current Bylaws. If it requires a face to face IBT meeting, nothing could get done until January 2011. Maybe they could hold a virtual internet meeting.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:51 PM   #768
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Ditto to Dwight & Gene's posts, above. How will this person gather information to take to the committee?

I am sorry that Leo is now off on his own, for reasons only he knows, but do feel this committee and the inclusion of an appointee from MetroNY seem to be movement in a positive direction.

Keep us posted.

Maggie
Old 08-24-2010, 02:49 PM   #769
Certifiable

. , .
Lightbulb Oh, goodie! Another new committee!!!

What powers does THIS shiny new committee have?

*sigh*

How about giving membership a voice in the running of the club by amending the WBCCI Constitution?
This amendment creates a process where the IBT's actions are directly answerable to the membership.
It creates a separation of powers by giving the task of construing and interpreting the Constitution and Bylaws to the Delegates.
At the very least, allow the membership to amend our Bylaws.

Eliminate mandatory travel.
Mandatory travel = mandatory reimbursements.
Return the club back to a completely volunteer club.
Take a closer look at the recent reimbursement "reductions".
The Executive Committee did NOT reduce its reimbursements by 25% contrary to what they want us to believe.
It's much closer to 10% of 2009 actuals.
And Region officers now actually have a net INCREASE over 2009 actuals.
Once again, Return The Club To A Completely Volunteer Club -- NO Reimbursements.

Make the Ethics and Grievances procedures transparent or eliminate them entirely.
The model we have in place now may be perfectly suited for a small, midwest University faculty.
It does NOT, however, work for a social club.
Clearly.

Pass a no deficit spending amendment.
Increasing dues only exasperates the situation.

Get rid of the International 3VP.

Mid-Winters should be cancelled.
Do it on Skype or by conference call unless it's 100% self-sufficient, including reimbursements.

Good luck new committee!
Old 08-24-2010, 03:06 PM   #770
Rivet Master

Wbcci ibt/ec7 wins!!!!

You guys fell for this one? Do you have any idea how long it takes the IBT/EC7 to agree on anything other than spending more money and giving more control to themselves? They never do! They got you hook, line and sinker.

The WBCCI will be out of business before any real changes will take place from the "new" committee. Ask the 2020 guys how all their suggestions are going.

All I can say is, I'm glad I did not send that check in.

SO SAD!!!
Old 08-24-2010, 03:36 PM   #771
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Well a couple of us were merely excluded or thrown under the bus in order to seal the "deal" and totally agree with you. That is business as usual is it not in IBT world? Hear that bell, that's the sound of another little leadership angel getting its wings and special badge and perks. Happy ending?......er...what happened to the beginning??!...like reinstating Leo and accountability for the individual malicious scripts and bans and grievances... Who knew when Metro New York asked to join and we all hailed that, that they would eventually just take control of the lawsuit, withdraw from it on their own but STILL still continue to proceed as if the action was rightfully theirs? What was the date MNY withdrew?

Operation successful, unfortunately the patient died. Hey Bob who are the members of the Defend Wally team so everyone knows who we ought to thank for this? That's you and Howie correct? Also when will the lawyer's contact information be made available along with his billing in case any of the supporters have questions? How about an update from MNY on Leo's and Gail's status in the unit? Gee from the wording it makes Leo look like the fall guy again. That's got to hurt when your so-called supporters sell you out for just the type of thing you have always rallied against. OUCH!

photography
Old 08-24-2010, 04:10 PM   #772
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwightdi View Post
When will this committee first meet? Who is the representative that NY has selected for this five member committee? and who appoints the other four? When will this committee be announced to the general membership? They would need a meeting of the IBT to approve creating a new standing committee per our current Bylaws. If it requires a face to face IBT meeting, nothing could get done until January 2011. Maybe they could hold a virtual internet meeting.
The committee was created/approved July 5th I believe.
I was nominated to the committee and appointed by Norm B, The members other than myself to date are Donna G Parliamentarian, Joe P. Reg 10, Kerry M Reg 2. The 5th seat was discussed by us 4 and put to the IP for appointment that should be complete in a day or two. We have been emailing and speaking on the phone with each other. We will be using Go To Meeting to communicate between ourselves, besides email etc.
There is a lot of work to accomplish between now the Mid-winters.
I have permission to start a new thread to discuss any issues the members wish put forth for the committees review. “mistral blue” please repost your points there. This thread is about the lawsuit not the bylaws.

Old 08-24-2010, 04:17 PM   #773
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideair View Post
You guys fell for this one? Do you have any idea how long it takes the IBT/EC7 to agree on anything other than spending more money and giving more control to themselves? They never do! They got you hook, line and sinker.

The WBCCI will be out of business before any real changes will take place from the "new" committee. Ask the 2020 guys how all their suggestions are going.

All I can say is, I'm glad I did not send that check in.

SO SAD!!!
Paul most folks live up to their pledges, moreover, their repeated promises to Howie. Nice you admit it?

So for you not aware of what went on behind the scenes with DW and Metro say they won is missplaced.

This committee was not formed on the same foundation and goals as the 2020.

Norm gave me his word that he wants this done.

Now do you have anything constructive to add post it in the bylaws thread. Otherwise.................

Old 08-24-2010, 04:17 PM   #774
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
So you are in and Leo is out isn't that a conflict of interest since you were working on his behalf? So we learn Beu picked you did the Defend Wally supporters choose you for arbitration? I thought that's what the lawyer and money was collected for. You worked hard for the deal for free and we sent money for what? When did Metro New York decide the lawsuit was their action to proceed with and why?

Fine negotiater you are you can't keep from insulting the supporters, this ought to be real good to watch the action. You can be a supporter without sending money and just because NY spent the most doesn't let them buy in to own it and put you at the head alone. Don't you spew this "positive only" talk to protect yourself now. But, come to think of it you ought to fit right in, after all you were "chosen" to be the link in the chain that has broken.

photography
Old 08-24-2010, 04:33 PM   #775
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Carol Carol Carol

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
...like reinstating Leo
He declined demanding unrealistic guarantees by the IBT.
He like Paul never made good on his pledge, so was his heart in it anyway?
Several reached out to him but he didn’t want to compromise, and felt he would be kicked out again after reinstatement.

Moreover, DW had a fiduciary duty to it contributors, if the funds were expended to reinstate him when not agreeing to post in a more civil manor we would be wasting the defense fund.

Quote:
and accountability for the individual malicious scripts and bans
If you’re speaking about the WBCCI Airstream forums that is on the agenda.

Quote:
Who knew when Metro New York asked to join and we all hailed that, that they would eventually just take control of the lawsuit, !
They had the largest vested interest in this, they took the bull by the horns, collecting the pledges and retaining the lawyer

Quote:
How about an update from MNY on Leo's and Gail's status in the unit?
They are still airstreamers and great people, just not members. They are welcome at the buddy rallies.

Old 08-24-2010, 04:43 PM   #776
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
These things were on the agenda before dollar one. What did you accomplish? The grievance committee abolition or revision is already on the docket as a member driven intiiative and so the other issues will continue to be, as members work from the inside. You did not win a seat you lost your bull in exchange for magic beans on the way to market. In the end no one is standing up for Leo, not even his own unit who delighted in his rallies and work in fair weather and behind closed doors sold him out for a lucrative offer. I hope he does chime in to put the record straight on his declining reinstatement and other things.

And again you call people out on money and membership or a variety of things in winning bad. The more you try to discredit others the more your lack of skill set for the committee shows. Heck you could be the new Franklin gold standard. Bob, Bob Bob, can you possibly sound more condescending Are you really even trying yet?

It didn't belong to NY to seize and reconstruct (sabatoge) the effort. The issues are never about who pays the most or drive the most expensive rigs, or take what they want through feelings of entitlement. I'd say someone never did their Save Wally homework to be so diametrically opposed in position to its concerns.

photography
Old 08-24-2010, 04:48 PM   #777
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
AND SPEAKING OF PLEDGES, WHEN CAN I EXPECT THE RETURN OF MY 'INVESTMENT' NOW THAT THE SCENARIO HAS TURNED 180* ?
Old 08-24-2010, 05:00 PM   #778
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Carol enough, just stop it, you talked long enough about the club but when are you going to become a member?

I have the issue in writing from Leo as well as several others, he's moved on.

I suggest you discuss more meaningful issues.

I don't intend to respond to your rants any further

Old 08-24-2010, 05:07 PM   #779
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewster View Post
AND SPEAKING OF PLEDGES, WHEN CAN I EXPECT THE RETURN .....
The DW funds will remain in escrow.
In the end each pledge will be returned pro rata against expenses.

Old 08-24-2010, 05:09 PM   #780
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
I sure am as soon as you return my $100.00 and I will try from within. Thanks for reminding me a darn good idea if you do say so yourself. It was foolish to withold it from WBCCI until Leo's reinstatement, wasn't it Bob?

Also isn't that information confidential about the pledges and memberships that you are now using your position to mine and post on public forums? You might get sued! I find it unethical and mean spirited. People could opt for privacy and were guanrateed anonymous treatment if they chose and were told their information would not be shared. So just what is it you consider yourself to be doing now?

Hope your negotiation skills improve from "just stop it" when they actually start paying you for traveling and attending the rallies. Also they may want you to work upon being "trustworthy" in case there is any sensitive or confidential access involved with their actions.

photography
Closed Thread

Tags
greg gibson, vintage-airstream.com