Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 08:21 PM   #1081
Rivet Master

2021 27' Globetrotter
Saint Louis , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
Only 3 direct requests, that's a fact.

A request on a forum is not a legitimate request.

But such requests are a moot point, the date has been stated along with the fact that it will be pro rated against expenses.
Where are we supposed to send our bonafide legitimate requests?
BRN #20321 Air #4056
"Oooh - They have the Internet on computers now!" - Homer Simpson
Old 10-09-2010, 12:33 AM   #1082
Rivet Master

San Angelo , Texas
Wow, so I'm gone for several months and what I figured would happen did happen. I can't say I'm surprised, but I'm sorry I was right. I'm just glad that I didn't donate my hard-earned cash for a cause that was lost out of the box. I also can't say I won't be surprised when Bob gets thrown under the bus by the WBCCI, but I suspect that he'll be surprised, kinda like Neville Chamberlain was, when Hitler blitzkrieged his way into Poland, after he promised that the Sudetenland was the only thing he was interested in. It's just more confirmation for me that quitting the WBCCI was the right thing to do four years ago.

I've spent the last two hours reading about 30 pages of anger. Carol, you wrote some really great posts, but you and I both know that you'll never get the response you want. The more things change, the more they stay the same, eh?

Bob, you might have started out with good intentions, but you're one of THEM now. Don't expect anyone to understand why you chose the path you did; I'm not sure I understand it myself, but I saw it coming, especially with the cryptic non-answers you kept giving all of the supporters who donated to the cause. Now you have a bunch of PO'd folks who feel suckered, and since they feel that you drank the Kool Aid and went over to the Dark Side, you're the obvious person to take the brunt of their frustrations.

Understand this, not a single person is going to feel sorry for you, when the WBCCI figures out a way to make you ineffective and toss you by the wayside, and you're the one left feeling like a sucker; noone will care, because you napalmed every single bridge. Just remember what happened to the boy who cried wolf. However, since people asking for their money back on this forum doesn't constitute a legitimate request in your eyes, then you shouldn't be bothered by those who feel they got screwed by you, right?

Conscience is a real mother.

Tim, I'm sorry to hear that you took Save Wally down, but if it was deviating from its original intention, it was the right thing to do. Hopefully you can bring it back online one day.

Leo, I've always liked you, because you and I are a lot alike. Tim said it best...you do your research, but your delivery style is very in-your-face. A Command Sergeant Major once told a group of my peers that I was a take-no-poop Soldier who always respectfully told it like it was, whether you liked it or not, and I always had a solution to the problem. It's a darn shame that politicians aren't more like that; maybe things wouldn't be such a mess.

Oh well, life goes on, right? In the end, I sold my Airstream, but just because the Silver Twinkie is gone doesn't mean that the family and I don't still travel and see new places; we just don't do it in a 40-year old rig.

Enough platitudes.

Peace.

2004 F-350 King Ranch

AIR # 8239
EX-WBCCI # 8371
Old 10-13-2010, 07:31 AM   #1083
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65GT View Post

Still, I've been contacted by another past IBT member who is wondering if it's possible that some level of wire fraud has taken place here, and I'm simply unable to address it. Internet communications, telephone communications, any words of wisdom Gene?
Interesting thought, but it's about federal criminal law and I don't have a clue. It would have to be prosecuted by the US Attorney and I doubt they have the time or interest in what is a relatively small issue compared to Wall St. and bank questions among others in NY. I expect they would tell someone to go to County or Small Claims Ct.

Gene
Old 10-13-2010, 08:54 AM   #1084
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
The irony here is that members who donated have an internal club process to lodge their complaint about the funds...

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Old 10-13-2010, 11:24 AM   #1085
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Do-oh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65GT View Post
. . .that MetroNY merely holds a WBCCI charter (and is not a registered NYS corporation), is it possible that those that donated to this cause actually need to write the International President and the International Treasurer to get their funds back?

That was pretty much the argument made to me, that the WBCCI actually holds the responsibility for it's chartered unit's treasuries, and seems to be supported by the bylaws.
Leo,

Thanks for a good laugh. I needed that!

I can see it now. . .

Quote:
Dear International President,

Last year I contributed to a non-entity, DefendWally, to sue you no-good @#$s %& @$#%&es, but actually sent the money to the Metro NY Unit, a chartered unit of WBCCI.

Since you have bought off the principal instigator of the proposed lawsuit with a committee seat, the suit is now moot and you are hereby requested to promptly return my money.

Very respectfully,

Mike MereMember
WBCCI # XXXXX
Let's see. . . contributors would fall into one of three categories:

1. Former members

2. People who were members when they contributed but have not renewed, and

3. Current members.

My guess is that (1) and (2) will be ignored and (3) will receive their refund checks in the same certified mail informing them of the grievance proceedings against them. It'll save postage.

Just for the symmetry of it, Bob N will probably file the grievances.

Anybody else care to make a prediction?

Old 10-13-2010, 05:32 PM   #1086
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Nuvi, you have an incredible ability to explain things clearly. Did you teach second graders in your life?
Old 10-13-2010, 06:14 PM   #1087
Moderator dude

1966 26' Overlander
Phoenix , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F View Post
Leo,

3. Current members.

My guess is that (1) and (2) will be ignored and (3) will receive their refund checks in the same certified mail informing them of the grievance proceedings against them. It'll save postage.

Just for the symmetry of it, Bob N will probably file the grievances.

Anybody else care to make a prediction?

Contributions by members (and non-members) will be applied to dues owed to the club and all of those peeps will be new members of the MetroNY chapter for 2011.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>Action
Old 10-13-2010, 06:35 PM   #1088
Chief Chili Cook

2010 30' Flying Cloud
Bakersfield , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Contributions by members (and non-members) will be applied to dues owed to the club and all of those peeps will be new members of the MetroNY chapter for 2011.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>Action
But on the positive side, some are paid up for several years now before the rate increase next year.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:37 PM   #1089
Rivet Master

1982 28' Airstream 280
Port Angeles , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post

>>>>>>>>>>>>>Action
Now that they are all members they can each file their own grievance for misuse of their contributed funds. Could be real interesting, especially the effect on the legal budget.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:03 AM   #1090
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Owings Mills , MD
Quote:
That's just wrong (and idiotic). Money solicitated and accepted for a lawsuit against a club cannot be taken and used to enroll people in the very same club. It's like taking donations to save African wildlife and then enrolling people in the Safari Club.

Application for membership in the WBCCI is contractual in nature which means it requires the consent of both parties. If one joins the WBCCI, one must not only pay the dues but agree to abide by the Club's rules. The MetroNY unit does not have the standing or authority to make application to the WBCCI on behalf of any person... unless the people who donated to this cause tucked in a power of attorney along with their check.

While you can argue the action is criminal (fraudulent), unless you have a connection, you're not going to get anyone to touch this as a criminal case. Your best bet is to go to small claims court. And if the money is sent to the WBCCI, to demand a full refund... based on the fact you never actually applied for membership. If they refuse to refund the money, well, it's small claims court.

I hope this is just a misunderstanding and the MetroNY unit is not so dimwitted as to take people's money and use it contrary to their wishes.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:15 AM   #1091
Administrator

1961 16' Bambi
Dallas , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by hampstead38 View Post
I hope this is just a misunderstanding and the MetroNY unit is not so dimwitted as to take people's money and use it contrary to their wishes.
I believe that it was a joke, alluding to the chapter taking all the money and converting to membership. This topic has run it's course and is at a point where people are simply beating a dead horse .

I am going to close this thread. If you donated to this effort, please contact the organizers or other contributors via PM or email to communicate with them as needed.
Closed Thread

Tags
greg gibson, vintage-airstream.com