Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 12:51 PM   #101
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug&maggie View Post
in all likelihood that you, yourself have not met and talked with this "very qualified law firm".
You know not what you speak, how dare you say I'm stating the facts.

I can assure all, that several law firms were interviewed, the one which Leo and I had 2 meetings with so far is our choice.
Provided of course we get enough pledges.

On another note Maggie practice what you preach

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug&maggie View Post
We would personally like to strongly encourage all the nay-sayers, pessimists, anti-WBCCI'ers, etc., etc., to take their repetitive criticisms and vitriol to the numerous threads for this purpose which are already in place.

We know how you feel/what the issues are, and we share some of those feelings, but everyone isn't leaving the WBCCI nor wants to see it disappear. Enough is enough. Leave one thread alone for positive posts and encouragement, for those who are interested and want to read it. If you can't stand it, there is an Ignore function.

Doug & Maggie

Old 03-05-2010, 05:07 PM   #102
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Just an update for those following the actions of the Keystone Cops. Rob got another C&D letter. This one probably only cost a couple hundred, real short, and not a lot of research necessary. You can read it at post #115 of this thread.
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f290...h-61113-9.html

You dues well spent challenging a none Member. Wait till they get around to us.

Old 03-05-2010, 05:52 PM   #103
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
I would like to extend an open invitation to the 9 Guest currently reading this thread and all Guest that will read it in the future to register on the Forum and post your comments.

The Forum is free, uncensored, and offer a fantastic source of information to anyone owning or interested in Airstreams.

I know of no other site that offers that level of opportunity.

Old 03-07-2010, 06:16 AM   #104
3 Rivet Member

1968 17' Caravel
Marblehead , Hasslechusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post
Query:

Do we have any Forum Members who are current or former IRS Agents?
Do we have anyone who is friendly with an IRS Agent.
I have a very good friend who is retired from the IRS Criminal Investigation Division.

I truly wouldn't do that to my worst enemy. This is a leisure-time club, not WISEGUYS or THE GODFATHER. If the guys feel sufficiently aggrieved and want satisfaction they can go to court for redress. I wish them the best. I cannot imagine anyone getting "terminated" from a club for no valid reason short of moral turpitude.

Seriously, don't even go there!!!!

MisterMike
Old 03-07-2010, 07:21 AM   #105
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieE View Post
The Forum is free, uncensored ...
I'd classify this one as "true, sort of." Say whatever you want, but be prepared to be flamed if your statement conflicts with the prevailing view, especially concerning the WBCCI.
Lynn
Old 03-07-2010, 08:32 AM   #106
The Hawk's Lair

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
BACK WOODS , Minnesota
WOW! You folks are still at it! Same old cast of characters and same old rhetoric.

Don't forget this is a forum and not the WBCCI, and anyone can chime in. Flame away.

Happiness to me is being out of the Vaunted WBCCI!

AIRSTREAM 345 TURBO-DIESEL
VFW, LEGION, NRA

Old 03-07-2010, 08:34 AM   #107
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
Field and Stream , PA & MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post

Remember there has been no independent audits of the club’s financial affairs (e.g. all audits have been “in-house” in that selected members review and produce financial statements).
Several years ago, I saw the club's published financial statements which raised a number of questions in my mind, and when I posed some of my questions on this board I was shot down by one of the drones that was keeping watch over anyone who dared question the club's apparently sacred financial reporting practices.

Of course there should be an annual independent review of the club's financial affairs, which should probably extend to it's operational policies and procedures as well. If one were done, I can virtually guarantee you that its findings would be most beneficial, and enlightening, to EVERYONE involved. For myself, I certainly would not want to be an officier in any orgainzation - whether for profit or not - and have to be put in the embarassing position of explaining to anyone why I did not have or want such a review.

Of course I may be a bit biased in my views, having worked many years as an audit director in a major corporation, and volunteering my time to do audits of many non-profit organizations over the years.

John
Old 03-07-2010, 09:29 AM   #108
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Money

There are only 2 ways to manage money.

Carefully with vision.

Dumb with blindness.

But all to often, many feel that if it's not theirs, "who cares"?

To some, erasers on pencils have no use.

Everyone makes mistakes.

The wise, identify and correct.

The dumb, maybe identify but still keep up the routine. Well, but maybe they are smart because they have a rich aunt or uncle.

Andy
Old 03-07-2010, 05:19 PM   #109
Rivet Master

1968 30' Sovereign
1959 18' "Footer"
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Brussels , Wisconsin
Not True...............

Quote:

[SIZE=3][COLOR=Black]Remember there has been no independent audits of the club’s financial affairs (e.g. all audits have been “in-house” in that selected members review and produce financial statements).

Not true...............
the WI Unit took a look last week.
59 Traveler
68 Sovereign
Old 03-07-2010, 05:46 PM   #110
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Emerick View Post
Not true...............
the WI Unit took a look last week.
Mind sharing what you found?

Visit http://defendwally.org/

Old 03-08-2010, 06:02 AM   #111
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Question 2020 Committee Report, Mid-Winter IBT, Montgomery, TX

"Any barriers that might keep Units from thinking outside the box need to be removed."

They recommend we don't think, I guess speaking our minds is impossible

"Any membership dues increase should be carefully considered as a last resort, weighed against other avenues of increasing revenues and decreasing operational costs"
I don't recall any other avenues suggested.

What operational costs were reduced?

Old 03-08-2010, 07:42 AM   #112
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Quote:

"Any membership dues increase should be carefully considered as a last resort, weighed against other avenues of increasing revenues and decreasing operational costs"
I don't recall any other avenues suggested.

What operational costs were reduced?
You must have missed my post #77 of this thread.
The President has proposed several cost reductions. The some of the more significant of witch are that all "Future trophies will have Plastic bases" and "Old trophies from when Mexico was in the Club will be reworked for additional savings." How could you ask for anything more?

Visit defendwally.org

Old 03-09-2010, 03:11 PM   #113
2 Rivet Member

1985 31' Excella
1993 34' Excella
Livingston , Texas
Doug & Maggie, Your statement on the Constitution and Arbitration is flawed.
WBCCI Constitution Article V (POWERS) Sec C enables the Leadership to enter into Arbitration - Read Sec. C very carefully and then understand what it means.

Also Under the Section containing the responsibilities of the International President, that part that says, " ; and shall have such other powers and duties as normally pertain to the principle office holder, as prescribed in the parliamen*tary authority adopted by the Interna*tional Club.

Finanily, read RRONR and there you have it.

So the Constitution does provide for and allow Arbitration

Bob T
Old 03-09-2010, 05:36 PM   #114
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
ok Bob T, you sent an open letter and tried to contact them otherwise, I assume they failed to respond.

Is that correct?

Old 03-09-2010, 06:24 PM   #115
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Invitation to summit?

As far as I know IBT does not even respond to communications. That is the reason membership frustration has mounted to find legal action necessary to have a honest and legitimate hearing of grievances and expect representation.

While a special meeting of a Pow-Wow rally would be the ultimate in experience and could be called I just don't think anything that open minded will result from the current IBT members, or at least the current Executive Committee members. Why the vast majority of current IBT has not tried to unify and direct leadership, I do not know. At the risk of being shot down, shunned, talked over and ostercized, I still think giving it a good college try is why they are on the board for us to begin with and not to stay in the good graces of the controlling power at the very top. There should be conflict and if there is not something is very WRONG!

Who are the current EC7? Perhaps we could list the members and their accreditations and history within the WBCCI to introduce them to the general membership. Perhaps then we will have a point in which to begin communications.

photography
Old 03-09-2010, 08:39 PM   #116
2 Rivet Member

1985 31' Excella
1993 34' Excella
Livingston , Texas
LI Pets, You are correct
Have also sent the same message to Headquarters.

Bob T
Old 03-10-2010, 03:38 PM   #117
2 Rivet Member

1966 17' Caravel
Aiken , South Carolina
Hi, Someone mentioned joining TAC if they are not welcome at WBCCI. What is TAC? Thanks!
Angela
Old 03-10-2010, 03:57 PM   #118
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinysideup View Post
Hi, Someone mentioned joining TAC if they are not welcome at WBCCI. What is TAC? Thanks!
Angela
Hi shinysideup, There is a few threads on this, but this will get you started. http://www.airforums.com/forums/f505...tac-61421.html

1973 F-250 4X4 390
1965 Chevy Suburban 454
AIR 6030
WBCCI 4258
TCT

Old 03-10-2010, 04:40 PM   #119
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinysideup View Post
Angela
Everyone is welcome at WBCCI, except folks that feel the leadership needs to be challenged in the way the club is run.

oops there is one person that is not welcome

Old 03-10-2010, 07:52 PM   #120
2 Rivet Member

1992 34' Excella
riverhead , New York
The Leadership Targets Specific Club Members

It is well known, and I am sure it could be documented that WBCCI Leadership has targeted certain club members that try to make real changes to our club.

While President of Metro NY it was my honor to nominate Leo Garvey from the floor. I strongly supported his right to run legitimately from the floor. It was Leo that graciously withdrew his candidacy in order to save the lengthily re-roll call.
He chose to withdraw, I refused to withdraw his nomination even under much pressure.

While Leo is working hard to try and make positive changes in our club the Leadership stood by and did nothing when a 32oz Iced Tea was poured of Leo's head (literally) at the International. Instead of filing criminal charges or at least a grievance, Leo chose not to pursue the issue.

I can say that Leo Garvey and others have worked hard to try and make legitimate changes to our club through legal means. The leadership of this club is discouraging and dismantling the system that can change it and perhaps save it.

What the leadership is doing to this club and some of its' members in my opinion is disgusting and shameful. I admit to be surprised by their arrogance.

Leo has done much for our unit. Metro NY is one of the oldest Units in WBCCI.
We have 2 International representatives Ray Landman - chair of the Legislative Committee and Jim Zigrosser President to the WBCCI Amateur Radio Club. We are very active unit. We love to camp out, rally and travel together.

The leadership actions are threatening the survival of our unit and as some would say the unit is our club. Where will it end. My wife Joan 1 VP and I fully support the efforts to support Leo and Gail through what ever means needed.
Closed Thread

Tags
greg gibson, vintage-airstream.com