Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 07:00 PM   #785
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickDavis View Post
I am assuming the lawsuit is not gone and could /would be reactivated if progress is not made??
Correct, hence the escrow account!

Old 08-24-2010, 07:14 PM   #786
Certifiable

. , .
Post Good

I'm drafting a letter to Norm to let him know the threat of a lawsuit still exists and that he better behave.
Thank goodness we all have LI Pets leading the charge now!

Old 08-24-2010, 07:34 PM   #787
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
I am not a lawyer,
I do not play one on TV.
I have been forced to use the services of a lawyer thought.
When you pay a lawyer a retainer, you do not get a refund.

YouTube - Different Ways To Count Money
Old 08-24-2010, 07:44 PM   #788
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
It seems to me that a resolution of one person from DefendWally on a five person committee is still a losing battle. I can't see how revising the bylaws is going to solve much. You can change and rewrite as much as you want. Just like decisions in our own supreme court, the interpretation of what is written along with precedent really determine what is allowed. Someone will find a way to ignore or bend what is written, even when (if) it is revised.

I'm happy right now that I didn't jump on the bandwagon and send money to the fund only to have it now held in escrow and to maybe be returned with deductions at a later time that is yet TBD.

Good luck, LI Pets and the "Bylaws Comittee." There's been lots of fanfare and suspense until now, but I think the fireworks show just got rained out, or maybe doused by a firetruck from the city of WBCCI. Only time will tell who "won".
Old 08-24-2010, 08:11 PM   #789
Rivet Master

Sold Out

Bob,

I got wind that something like this was coming down the pike sometime ago and could not believe what I was hearing was true and that’s the reason I never sent in the pledge waiting to see if it really was and now I see that it is. I’m glad you think you got such a great deal for everyone that gave you money I wonder if they will think the same thing.

Bob, a question for you, “Do you think everyone or anyone is going to be happy with the great deal you got on their behalf? Your being the committee member and everything now this is?

What I find sad, you throwing a guy that helped keep you from being a member of the “Airstream Caravan Club” sitting at rallies next to “Mandalay MOHO’s” was worth your seat at the committee table and saying the reason is because he did not pay his pledge? May I ask do you know why he did not pay his pledge?

What you did was wrong and you know it.

Please provide a copy of the attorneys bill and a copy of the meeting notes and let me know the “pro rated” amount I need to pay based on my pledge of ($250.00) and I’ll be happy to send a check directly to the lawyer (please provide name/address) made out to them for services rendered, not to you.

I will live up to my pledge as stated, but I will not give you money directly to go out a get a committee chair for yourself.

FYI, no need to start a new thread if you are looking for feedback on “positive” things that can be done to better the WBCCI, do a search on this and other forums and you will find hundreds of threads/posts with ideas and suggestion over the past 5 years that will keep you busy until the IBT/EC7 spends us out of existence or runs other members away from the club or others not even to sign-up.

I’ve only got two words “Sold Out”
Old 08-24-2010, 08:17 PM   #790
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
I guess we have to give the IP credit for being a good negotiator. He managed to derail the lawsuit at no cost to the WBCCI, with no substantive changes, no promise of substantive changes, and no timetable for substantive changes.

I'm afraid I have to agree with Rideair on this one. . . the lawsuit and its causes have simply been dropped down the "committee" hole, never to see the light of day again.

The only good thing about it is that the news has arrived in time to be factored into our decisions to renew for 2010-11 or to give it up as a lost cause. . . sigh. . .
Old 08-24-2010, 08:18 PM   #791
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideair View Post
Bob,

I got wind that something like this was coming down the pike sometime ago and could not believe what I was hearing was true and that’s the reason I never sent in the pledge waiting to see if it really was
I always knew you were a story teller, but that is simply impossible based on the chronological order of things that transpired.

Quote:
What I find sad, you throwing a guy that helped keep you from being a member of the “Airstream Caravan Club” sitting at rallies next to “Mandalay MOHO’s” was worth your seat at the committee table and saying the reason is because he did not pay his pledge?
Are you not reading, he declined. It wasn't the pledge.

I was one of several nominations for the seat. as is the 5th seat.

Old 08-24-2010, 08:22 PM   #792
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Columbus , Ohio
Et tu, Brute?
#1941 Nova
Central Ohio VJMC
Vintage Tube Audio
Old 08-24-2010, 08:38 PM   #793
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F View Post
I guess we have to give the IP credit for being a good negotiator. He managed to derail the lawsuit at no cost to the WBCCI, with no substantive changes, no promise of substantive changes, and no timetable for substantive changes.

I'm afraid I have to agree with Rideair on this one. . . the lawsuit and its causes have simply been dropped down the "committee" hole, never to see the light of day again.

The only good thing about it is that the news has arrived in time to be factored into our decisions to renew for 2010-11 or to give it up as a lost cause. . . sigh. . .
Since you don't have first hand knowledge I know you're incorrect.

As far as agreeing with RideAir Paul, you are welcome to any conclusion you wish.

So you two can continue doing nothing and accept the status quo.

Or why don't you start a new lawsuit and see how far you get,
Paul can start the fund with $250.

Old 08-24-2010, 08:44 PM   #794
2 Rivet Member

1962 19' Globetrotter
Mountain Lakes , New Jersey
I put a down payment on a new GMC. I am informed by the salesman that my sales order is invalid. He has changed the vehicle to a Trabant, defunct, crudely constructed, and given to totally untrustworthy operation even when new.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:47 PM   #795
Rivet Master

Bob,

This has been coming down the pike since before the end of July and you know it!! So don't try and lie/spin your way out of it.

If you like, you can ask my wife when I told her about it? Trust me, you don't want say she tells stories, her Dad's a lawyer, Brother went to Law-School and grandfathers a judge. You do that and you will end up in court.

You've caught on fast to the IBT/EC7 commitee ways of spinning a story.

Congrats!!

Again, Bob more than willing to pay my part, give me the info requested and checks on the way. My guess, you won't.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:50 PM   #796
2 Rivet Member

1980 31' Excella II
Davenport , Iowa
Send a message via Yahoo to MRHottinger Send a message via Skype™ to MRHottinger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy100 View Post
I put a down payment on a new GMC. I am informed by the salesman that my sales order is invalid. He has changed the vehicle to a Trabant, defunct, crudely constructed, and given to totally untrustworthy operation even when new.
Now that's funny... Don't you just hate it when you end up with what the salesman strongarmed you into??

Travel freely and travel often, life is too short to sit on your porch and watch it go by.
1980 31' Excella II
2003 Silverado HD Crew Cab

"We must become the change we want to see."
- Mahatma Gandhi
Old 08-24-2010, 08:56 PM   #797
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
We have a lawsuit. We only lost you Bob.

photography
Old 08-24-2010, 09:08 PM   #798
Rivet Master

1968 30' Sovereign
1959 18' "Footer"
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Brussels , Wisconsin
Wow!

This is sooooo coool. I'm paying my dues next year just so that I can be a part of this soap opera. Can I pay early? What a mess, not that most of us saw it coming!

All I can say is I wish you guys would of held off until the weather turned bad, I have too much to do on the restoration of my trailers to be pulled away right now to read this novel!

59 Traveler
68 Sovereign
Closed Thread

Tags
greg gibson, vintage-airstream.com