Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 10:03 AM   #715
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
A good lawyer does ask questions he (or she) doesn't know the answer to—that's how you find out the answers. You try to minimize surprises, but there are always surprises. They aren't usually the Perry Mason type of surprises (even they can happen), but in depositions, trials and investigating a case, there are things that just happen.

What surprises me about this is the amount of time it's taking to prepare a complaint. Not all preparation need be done right away. The defendants' answer will tell things you don't know now. Discovery will reveal more things to prepare. But… perhaps lawyers on both sides are talking about how to proceed and to minimize expenses for all parties—that could expand time. Minimizing expenses serves everyone in this type of case well and often lawyers discuss the merits of the dispute for a long time before anyone files a lawsuit. Announcing a lawsuit is a way to raise money; it may not mean there will be one. The problem is once you announce it, it looks strange when nothing visible happens.

Gene

Old 07-22-2010, 10:53 AM   #716
2 Rivet Member

1980 31' Excella II
Davenport , Iowa
Send a message via Yahoo to MRHottinger Send a message via Skype™ to MRHottinger
A new owners comments...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hampstead38 View Post
....You think someone who just bought an Airstream (new or vintage) is going to read this thread and say, "Wow, this is a great club for me to join"? You think this battle between two groups of true believers is winning any new converts to the WBCCI? What... you think there are a bunch of Airstream owner suffering drama deficiency disorder?

As critically as the IBT has been portrayed here, the proponents of the lawsuit have cast themselves in an equally unflattering light. No matter who wins the battle, Howie, both sides are busy losing the war. I don't mind bumping this thread because I'd rather people read this and decide for themselves before spending $75 for pretty red numbers.

AMEN... As a new owner this thread is exhausting and depressing on both sides. We bought an AS not because of the WBCCI or anybody on this board, we bought it because it is the best investment to make if we are going to use it a LOT!!! We bought it because in the real world people smile when they see an Airstream and want to look at it. We bought it because it makes US smile. We bought it because it wont fall apart with us using most of the year... We are out often and so far we have met great people on the board and in a various parks. Remember why you bought an Airstream??? Some maybe for nothing more that prestige, like owning the BMW 760li in your driveway or living in the neighborhood you live in, but I bet most bought because they love their Airstream. I have no comments on the law suit, this comment is only about the discord a new or prospective new owner sees. Do we regret our purchase because of this thread?? hll no!!! But it does not me feel good. I dont side with anybody other than, if you know nothing of the person you might be reponding too, dont go off making generalized statements about the people. I have discovered we have doctors, lawyers, performers, new families, retired families and people looking for thier place in life. The knowledge of the people on this board is awesome and I am honored to have a place to absorb some of the knowledge and experience that is here for those who ask.

With saying this I am now loading my camper for a great weekend celebrating by Lake Lanier for the weekend, a SOB class A, SOB 5th wheel, vinage AS, new AS and us with this in the middle 1980 AS. Lawsuit be damned we are going to have fun in our "new" Airstream.

As for spending the money on the membership that is each individuals personal choice. I will because Georgia has a great unit ot TOG and I fully intend to be a part of these people. I doubt I will ever make an International event. Membership is not just about the national people, in my opinion it is about the local and regional people.

Thanks for allow me to form my opinion.
Mike

Old 07-22-2010, 08:56 PM   #717
VAC President

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
Ummm - for those who find the thread boring, not to the benefit of WBCCI or it's members, not worthy because a million dollars has not been spent - I have just one question.... Why are you reading it then? I have all the faith in the world that what Joe says is exactly the case.
If this thread is boring and annoying, I just stumbled on a thread about curtain rod hooks - go check it out! I am sure it will be more enlightening for you.
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Old 07-22-2010, 09:14 PM   #718
2 Rivet Member

1980 31' Excella II
Davenport , Iowa
Send a message via Yahoo to MRHottinger Send a message via Skype™ to MRHottinger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
.... Why are you reading it then? I have all the faith in the world that what Joe says is exactly the case.
the informed mind is a powerful tool.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:54 AM   #719
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
YouTube - Elvis Presley - The Gambler (DC)
Old 07-23-2010, 08:36 AM   #720
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
Why are you reading it then?
All things WBCCI are like the fascination of watching a train wreck in slow motion.

Gene
Old 07-23-2010, 09:05 AM   #721
Commercial Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
When people resort to posting videos, things have progressed to gutteral responses. Time for me to unsubscribe.
Lynn
Old 07-23-2010, 09:12 AM   #722
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
... right, because no where in the previous 740+ posts has it been taken to a guttural level. I always though Elvis did a super job at summing it all up.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:51 AM   #723
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
A discussion of the role and meaning of videos in "serious" threads would be an appropriate and uplifting digression at this point. Perhaps something featuring Jim Morrison would be helpful.

Gene
Old 07-23-2010, 05:54 PM   #724
Moderator dude

1966 26' Overlander
Phoenix , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post
...... Perhaps something featuring Jim Morrison would be helpful.

Gene
What like the line ...."this is the end."

YouTube - The Doors The End

>>>>>>>>>>>>Action
Old 07-23-2010, 08:05 PM   #725
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Poetry can move the world to great emotion, they say. Jim Morrison was a very deep poet...
YouTube - Words from Jim Morrison
Old 07-24-2010, 09:35 AM   #726
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65GT View Post
Let this new committee put up an online survey that each and every member can take. It needn't be long, it needn't ask more than 2 simple questions.

1. Current WBCCI Airstream Class A motorhome Owners: Will you need or desire to own a Thor Class A motorhome as a vehicle to remain a member in the WBCCI upon selling or disposing of your current Airstream Class A motorhome? YES or NO.

2. Current WBCCI non-Class A motorhome members: If the club allows THOR Class A motorhomes to qualify for WBCCI membership, will you remain a member. YES or NO.
I suggest a 3rd question for members:

3. Should the WBCCI allow membership to any recreational vehicle that is not manufactured by Airstream? YES or NO.

Maggie
Old 07-24-2010, 10:50 AM   #727
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
If I put little wings om my globetrotter would I be able to join the Shasta owners club??
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

Old 07-24-2010, 02:28 PM   #728
Rivet Master

1971 27' Overlander
Central , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickDavis View Post
If I put little wings om my globetrotter would I be able to join the Shasta owners club??
Park it under some trees and it might look like this one spied last weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2010 120.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	639.4 KB
ID:	107373  

Tags
greg gibson, vintage-airstream.com