Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 09:08 PM   #57
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Suburbia , Sunny So Cal
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieE View Post
Carol
Check your mail daily. If you get a letter that will confirm my long time suspicion that Silvertwinkie is a proxy for the IBT. For someone without a dog in the fight he has an above average interest in things and a strong bias to degrade this effort.
I hope you were smiling when you wrote that.

WBCCI 6731 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4
Old 03-03-2010, 09:13 PM   #58
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
That's a relief! I even trudged out in the dark and mud and snow to the mailbox a bit ago...no letter. PHEW

You are remembering the e-mail where Cindy Reed at headquarters asked me to remove the links to the MidWinter IBT meeting recordings I had uploaded before they were posted on the WBCCI site for all to hear. We were in a hurry to have facts for discussion...I removed the links as requested however. The public simulcast recordings were made available the next week I think. I was told the WBCCI owns the rights to reproduction.

Yet similarly as with the other issues afore mentioned, I don't see why that was a problem presented uncut for use of the members and interested parties within the context of the Air Forums WBCCI subforum meeting discussion. Obviously had the recordings been available in prompt manner and not to be delayed long enough to impede discussion, I could have linked to them easily and saved myself time and energy.

photography
Old 03-03-2010, 09:19 PM   #59
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc. (with Identity Shield)

Anyone ever hear of this outfit? It's a long established business. Individuals and businesses can join, and then when they have a need, a large, reputable law firm writes letters and if needed even goes to court to represent you as their client. I have a friend who became a salesman for this AFTER he'd gone through a bad divorce where his lawyer and ex-wife colluded. He joined and got almost $100K in compensation from both of them who had taken all of his investment money, sold his car and his house while he was on cruise.

An individual pays about $17 per month to belong, a company or club? I don't know. Is the law practiced "high quality"? YES. The law firms are paid a monthly retainer - sometimes exceeding their income from all "per incident" clients. If they are less than diligent the company cancels their lucrative contract and finds another firm.

One of the most attractive parts of this company from a business standpoint is that new laws allow the government to fine a business for any assault on it's records that ends up compromising credit card records/allows identity theft. The penalties are huge, especially considering that the BUSINESS is the victim, not the entity committing the crime.

Is the WBCCI using this outfit? Dunno. But if they are, they can have TONS of such letters sent at zero cost beyond their membership. They would be defended in any lawsuit at zero additional cost too. (Their lawyers might advise them to settle if the case against them was overwhelming, but it would cost them nothing.)

Should you/I/we have this protection? Perhaps so.

Paula
Old 03-03-2010, 09:20 PM   #60
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Sorry Carol, I wasn't suggesting or eluding that a letter was coming. At least my memory isn't totally shot. Hope you didn't get yer slippers dirty on the walk to the mailbox.
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Old 03-03-2010, 09:26 PM   #61
Liquid Cooled

2014 16' Sport
Columbus , Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertwinkie View Post
Um, Steve, better check your facts....Rob got a letter, he's not a member. ... Leo got a letter, he's not a member. ...
A lot of guys would probably ask themselves why Rob and Leo are no longer members, then they might even ask some questions about the timing of the letters vs the timing of the terminations of the memberships and the conditions under which the memberships ended.

Not everyone, certainly, but a lot of guys would.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:26 PM   #62
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
I did Eric and me schlepping across the yard in my polar fleece snugglesack broke right through that thin layer of ice and into the water at the street. LOL You made me look. I'll get you.

photography
Old 03-03-2010, 09:29 PM   #63
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
I did Eric and me slepping across the yard in my polar fleece snugglesack broke right through that thin layer of ice and into the water at the street. LOL
Well I know that new 28 footer will help soften loss.
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Old 03-03-2010, 09:32 PM   #64
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
almost... Brad and the AS will be here in the morning!! YIPEE!

photography
Old 03-03-2010, 09:47 PM   #65
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Don't follow your question, Rob left on his own Leo was expelled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSHED View Post
A lot of guys would probably ask themselves why Rob and Leo are no longer members, then they might even ask some questions about the timing of the letters vs the timing of the terminations of the memberships and the conditions under which the memberships ended.

Not everyone, certainly, but a lot of guys would.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:08 PM   #66
Liquid Cooled

2014 16' Sport
Columbus , Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
Don't follow your question, Rob left on his own Leo was expelled.
Sorry. Was unclear.
Post 13 was in my mind too at the time:
(quoted text from Buttercup) : ... [an oxymoron is, to me] a non-member questioning the validity of a lawsuit. If you are still not a member of WBCCI, why would it matter to you if a group of people bring action against the club leadership?
...."

Silvertwinkie, responding to Buttercup: "Leo is not a member either ... so I fail to see the connection."
My response, probably at the wrong post, is that yeah, Leo's interested. The very circumstances under which Leo became an ex-member are cited in the opening post as one of the reasons for the action. ST really ought to be able to distinguish between a member who feels he was unjustly terminated and someone who's never joined. At least that's how it seems to me.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:20 PM   #67
VAC President

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
It seems odd to me that a person who has really been an outspoken advocate FOR WBCCI but can not find it within himself to actually ante up for a membership disparages someone who was a member in good standing for years and has done a lot of good for the club (like the WBCCI Unit Guide and served as a president of a unit and has put together rallies for the club). It is like calling the kettel black but then denying you ever said anything at all.
Maybe Twink is a shill for WBCCI, and perhaps he is waiting for a gift membership for all of his hard work over at the forums - I don't know. All I know is that Leo Garvey has been a member of WBCCI in good standing for longer than Twink has NOT been a member in good standing.
Leo has contributed in areas that are unappreciated by folks and quite frankly, I think he has every right to challenge his expulsion in court and has a right to call into question all aspects if the WBCCI's leaders actions in that venue.
Twink - you want to really be a proponent for WBCCI - become a member, the proof is in the pudding. The longer you sit on the sidelines criticizing those who have actually had the courage to jump in the pool, the more you look like a shill. Write that check, pick that unit and join in. Otherwise, quit criticizing those who have worked hard FOR the club but were kicked out.
To me you look like someone who is trying to give the impression that you are part of the clique but are not. You truly have No Dog In This Fight.
How does the saying go??? Why buy the cow......
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Old 03-04-2010, 06:35 AM   #68
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
AS this discussion goes on , I think I will sit quietly, putting my faith in those organizing the lawsuit and trust they are getting good advice.

The scarey part is this is what I did with the WBCCI management for over 30 years and look where we are now

Currently @ sumter oaks escapees park, bushnell, FL
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

Old 03-04-2010, 06:52 AM   #69
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Exclamation Cast your vote -Not

Someone forward this to us

Unit's Voting Rights:
Units and regions draft legislation that would guarantee a unit's ability to be cast their votes annually. This effort was met by an IP, having 45 days notice of such efforts, calling both motions 'out of order' to the shock and dismay of all that would have expected the leadership to work with its members for progress.

Discrimination against Members: This administration blocked mere members from access to the membership for international elections. The IP created a new established custom that did not allow those that could not be present at the Mid-Winter IBT meeting to be considered for international office.

Nor would the IP allow those individuals access to the membership in free, open, and fair elections.

Delegates meeting

Allowing non-credentialed and uninvited members to participate in the Delegates Meeting in violation of WBCCI Bylaws and Roberts Rules of Order (specifically, members and chairmen of the IBT and Executive Committee sharing the floor, making and withdrawing motions, etc.)

Harassment of Delegates on the floor, during the Delegates Meeting, by non-credentialed members in the form of heckling & jeering.

Is this the way you want your club run?

Old 03-04-2010, 06:53 AM   #70
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
JOY IN , Arizona
Hail to the disenfranchised , down trodden and the disgruntled. Lawyers love you people.Thats our bread and butter.The manor from the heavens let it pour, we need more lawsuits like the Wbcci.Win or Lose we get paid. Yours truly,from a well heeled, well oiled legal defense fund.

wbcci ,#3510 NEU & 4cu http://fire1.smugmug.com
Closed Thread

Tags
greg gibson, vintage-airstream.com