Old 07-07-2010, 02:52 PM   #659
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Frank I didn't think you supported the lawsuit?

Please explain your position.

[QUOTE=hampstead38;868897

In the end, the litigation (if ever filed) won't matter. Whether the IBT successfully defends the status quo or the insurgents extract some legal victory... the decline of the club will continue. Of course, while both sides will claim some measure of victory (no matter what happens), the divisive battle will simply accelerate the downward financial cycle.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for replying using more educated sounding words. I still translate in my head from grunts and groans into english...

Old 07-07-2010, 03:20 PM   #660
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Rich

If they were looking to route out disharmony they sure as hell are getting their monies worth now. From the comments here and conversations with Members as I travel they have caused far more disharmony then Leo ever could have, not that he didn't try but with good intent.

If they could get this kind of reaction out of the Marketing money they plan to spend the club would have to split into sections from it's oversizeing.

Everything they are doing and saying is to protect their way of life of sucking the money out of the Club to maintain the "Free Ride" they believe they are entitled to.

Can't you just see one of the grand Boo Bahs driving up in a SOB Motor Home attempting to sell some young couple that just bought their first Airstream, on the benefits of joining the WBCCI. They could tell them if the play the game right and work their way up the ladder that someday they to could be being paid to ride around the country selling Snake Oil.

To some extent hampton38 is correct. Up until now they could care less as to what the "Mere Members" had on their minds. Well the Mere Members have gotten together and now want the explanations that have not been available in the past. If we are paying them over a $100,000.00 a year to grow the Club and they are loosing over another $100,00.00 a year in that attempt it is time to put the brakes on. And I don't mean just changing the bases on the trophies to plastic and not waring white gloves but some real changes.

Paula, and takes for your support, and many others want to save what they believe the WBCCI should be, a Club for the benefit of Airstream owners. The Leadership also wants to save what they believe in, a Free Ride off into the sunset. If we were all to just quite, as often suggested, they would have maybe another 3 to 5 years of the Free Ride. Pity the sucker that is 6th on the list having played the game this long and gone out and bought a new SOB Motor Home and then to be on the bottom of the list at FMC.

I for one don't have to give any thought about quitting. If this foolishness prevails my expulsion letter has already been written. They are just hoping they can get it sent before the next postal increase and take credit for saving the Club 4 cents. Every little bit helps.

Old 07-07-2010, 04:48 PM   #661
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
DISCLAIMER
I asked not in order to flame or harass. I asked because I want to know.
Ummm....I think NOT

Quote:
So the money spent was directly a catalyst for the law suit now being under taken, or spoke of, soon to be under taken.
Nope you have that part wrong

Quote:
I don't support your law suit. I think it a fools errand.
There you go again.......class over.

Old 07-07-2010, 04:53 PM   #662
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickDavis View Post
Leo was expelled on the basis of 3 forum posts for a total of roughly 245 words.

The IBT spent $20,000 to expel him because they were offended by what he said'

That means they spent $81.63 per word, of our money to protect us from all this disharmony among members.
Or was it to get the motorhomes passed without him in the way as he was in Perry?

Old 07-18-2010, 07:25 AM   #663
Rivet Master

1958 30' Sovereign of the Road
Plymouth , New York
Send a message via Skype™ to robandzoe
like 2Air said

Move on Leo
http://bakersacresofchenango.blogspot.com/
Courtesy parking
Flag Pole Holders - http://robsflagpoleholders.blogspot.com/

Old 07-18-2010, 04:05 PM   #664
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
The boys say "it all about allowing them to retaining their friendships". If you believe that, Why is the proposal just for motorhomes? Don't they want to retain their trailer friends that Airstream trailers no longer meets their "needs" and they buy a SOB 5th wheel trailer with three slides?
Why don't they just buy a newer low mileage Airstream motor home? There are plenty of them out there for the 10 PIP's and friends that may need them in the next 5 years. The truth is "In the unspoken words of the PIP's," "It is all about ME and my ability to retain my position and perks" The majority of the diesel pushers I surveyed at Gillette had permanently mounted and displayed FMCA plagues but only had the Red WBCCI numbers temporarily stuck in their front windows. These people have divided loyalty.
Old 07-18-2010, 04:35 PM   #665
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Hays County , Texas
Mendacity

Sure, there are plenty of low mileage Airstream motorhomes out there, but they are simply slobbering over the possibility of having four slideouts.

I think the term is mendacity!
WBCCI #9632
Old 07-18-2010, 05:39 PM   #666
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
Or was it to get the motorhomes passed without him (Leo) in the way...?
Feelin' nostalgic? Let's all be a bug on that wall and look in on the IP immediately following the vote on the motorhome motion.

June 29, 2007 Delegates Meeting, 2:36:47 & 2:38:36...Whoopsie, Don Schafer, IP, didn't know the mic was live... There is a pause between the roll call and DS's dissertation on 'the problem.'

Sec: We need 2/3rds.

DS: I know, there's not even 2/3rds there, not even half.

Male: ..out there says ....Leo G and the Savewally people must be... They think they won the other one I'm sure they think they're a big influence on this one.

Sec: If they voted no I'm not going to their rallies.

DS - Ha ha ha ha ha.

Woman: The mics are hot and all the comments are being heard.

Woman2: ha ha ha ha ha."

FYI, the "other one" was stopping them from changing the name of the 50 year old club. And now Leo is expelled scurrilously and hardly coincidently and certainly fortuitously for them! ...and with enough future allegations that the immediate PIP could boast at the state rally that Leo won't be back whether he beats 1, 2, 3 or even more greivances. They have stacked up material just for that rainy day occassion and they know just how to run them through without due process and get the answers they want.

Really aren't you seeing the big picture yet? As Leo often says, "If you don't then you just aren't paying attention." They have painted themselves into a corner where nothing short of discriminatory actions and untruths and tens of thousands of dollars have been spent prevailing against him to pursue their own directives within the WBCCI.

Leo is one big thorn in their collective side. Is there any wonder? He calls it as it is. I hope the lawsuit has success, not just for Leo, but for the morale of the entire membership to be able to confidently serve under an honorable leadership.

photography
Old 07-18-2010, 07:29 PM   #667
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Deja Vu? That is Freanch for "already seen." ...any color or badging you would like... January Mid-Winter 2007
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	anybadgeuwant.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	195.3 KB
ID:	107006  

photography
Old 07-19-2010, 08:27 AM   #668
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Upperco , Maryland
Does this latest dust-up have anything to do with the threatened lawsuit? And at the risk of pointing out the obvious (again), how does going to court change the "hearts and minds" of people who think rebadged motorhomes belong in an Airstream club?
Old 07-19-2010, 08:49 AM   #669
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
The rebadgers are a very small group of older high mileage motor home owners who are dedicated to this single cause. No matter what happens in or to the club it will not change their minds or personal objectives. As long as the trailer people stick together and look logically at their weak arguments, they have no chance of getting 2/3 of the members to vote for it.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:13 PM   #670
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Upperco , Maryland
The ____________ are a very small group of older __________ who are dedicated to this single cause. No matter what happens in or to the ________ it will not change their minds or personal objectives.

I'm not challengeing the validity of the specific assertion; I'm just struck the ubiquity of the premise.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:11 PM   #671
3 Rivet Member

2004 34' Classic S/O
Brooksville , Florida
Dwightdi said it
Will NEVER pass the membership
We shouldn't get crazy about this
They just keep digging their hole deeper and deeper
Old 07-19-2010, 08:36 PM   #672
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by hampstead38 View Post
Does this latest dust-up have anything to do with the threatened lawsuit?
No. I imagine Leo posted his motor home comments here just to bump the thread, which was slowly sinking in the listings.

Tags
greg gibson, vintage-airstream.com