Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 09:06 AM   #41
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug&maggie View Post
Lawsuits have to have at their foundation a cause of action that can be filed in State or Federal court, in a complaint prepared by attorneys willing to take the case. This would not be a criminal case, but civil, I believe.

Anger and upset by numerous members, over perceived or actual mismanagement and misguided direction of a private club, may not rise to the level of a case that can be written into a complaint and taken into court. These things are carefully defined by state and federal government, and then more narrowly defined through case law at all levels.
First of all we are going to Federal not State Court, yes it is a civil action.
We have run this by our legal team long before we decided to move forward, there is substantial case law which I will not disclose in a forum where the WBCCI could see it.

Quote:
Thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars, before you even get near a courtroom.
That's not correct.

What about the Thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars wasted by the WBCCI board in the last few years? almost a half a million dollars.

And they still want their travel expenses over 100K a year, is that ok with you?

Quote:
I would also like to state that we all have the right to our opinions and perspectives about issues publicly posted here, members of the WBCCI or not.
Absolutely, the basis of the entire problem with the WBCCI is their desire to muzzle anyone that has a differing opinion or exposes their short falls.

Say what's on your mind that's why this is called a forum an exchange of ideas!!!!

Quote:
I do think it is premature and highly inflammatory to be putting something like a lawsuit against the WBCCI out there on these Forums....
Premature? Leo and others have been working on CHANGE for over 4 years, how is it when if we wait there will be no club left at the present burn rate of our dues and membership itself, I respectfully disagree.

That's one of primary purposes of this "WBCCI Forum" on Air Forums.
Are you suggesting we post this on the Club web site?

It is sooo over moderated it would be deleted in a NY minute.

So Maggie I have to ask you a question, what's your solution or are you happy as a clam?

Old 03-03-2010, 09:26 AM   #42
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
The Club Forum

I had a pm asking if there's anything that can be done in Court about the WBCCI Club forum.

Member blocking
miserable user hack.

Tim is willing to join as a plaintiff for his grievance being denied about that hack and the activities of the operator.

More importantly there may be libility on the clubs part due to a non-profit IRS status by having direct participation with a members for profit business selling Airstreams on a Club web site and appearing to be the sponsor of the forum.

We have not yet run that issue by our Lawyers.

But we will.

Old 03-03-2010, 09:31 AM   #43
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
An issue here that no one has commented on are the expenditures relating to the new tactic aimed to suppressing members thoughts. To date 4 individuals have received threatening letters from the law firm of Dinsmore and Shohl demanding they cease certain action. Do you think those letters were FREE and do you think once they believe they have gotten away with them that they will stop sending them.

I am sure if my letter and Bob's has not yet been typed they have gone to the typing pool.

Our money and our memberships are on the line here. We did not take these steps lightly or without counsel.

Members have got to begin to look at these issues for what there are. A Cancer that has metastasized. Some individuals address that issue with denial and wait and see. Some chose to take the radical approach aimed at preserving life. Change is going to come out of this and it is not going to take 7 years for the mortality rate to accomplish it.

Old 03-03-2010, 09:32 AM   #44
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
Big bucks before you hit the courtroom

In civil cases you need to be prepared for deposition costs. Wether it's yours or theirs. Usually it's both.

Depo's require the attorney's, a stenographer and all of the parties and witnesses and all of them but you them get paid to be there.

Then there is discovery. Thats more lawyer time and costs. Sometimes parties feel they did not get all they asked for so it's off to court to sort that out. More dough. Don't forget the cost of providing the discovery request info.

Are you flatrating the lawyer fees or on the billable hour plan?

Lots of money will be spent before you see the inside of a courtroom. Just be prepared for it.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:20 AM   #45
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
I Should not but I have too ask. If the current burn rate is maintained and member loss,and dues are withheld at what point in time will the WBCCI actually go bankrupt. I once wanted to join. Now I dont think I have enough time left.
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Old 03-03-2010, 11:51 AM   #46
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
LI Pets/Bob,

First off, if you are going to modify/add emphasis to a "quote" of mine, you need to state it and show it as such.

Case law is interpretation and application of existing law. If there is a "legal team" working on this who have found "substantial case law", that raises even more questions.

I am stating my opinion, based on what I know and believe to be true, and my perception of what is being represented here, that's all.

Maggie
Old 03-03-2010, 12:59 PM   #47
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieE View Post
Do you think those letters were FREE and do you think once they believe they have gotten away with them that they will stop sending them.
Actually I'm not sure any of us are qualified to say what WBCCI paid for these letters to be sent. For all we know it could have been done gratis, reduced cost or full price. As to what they believe or not, again, we're guessing here, but fact seems to point to many letters being sent out (perhaps a bulk discount) . It would now seem that WBCCI is in fact protecting it's brand. You cannot fault a .org for doing that. Many sites, companies, etc, do the exact same thing. Now you can say "yea, but two years ago they didn't care"(opinion), well, they seem to clearly care now.

I am in full agreement with Goin Camping this is far from a slam dunk folks, but I understand your need to try.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:21 PM   #48
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
1963 19' Globetrotter
1970 29' Ambassador
Waukesha , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertwinkie View Post
It would now seem that WBCCI is in fact protecting it's brand. You cannot fault a .org for doing that.
...Cannot fault them??? I sure can! Do they need to protect the brand from being used by members? Or are they just using that excuse to harass members that don't agree with the antics of the IBT?
https://byamcaravanner.blogspot.com/
Old 03-03-2010, 02:23 PM   #49
Islay - 63 O.

1963 26' Overlander
Montreal , -
Send a message via MSN to dufferin
Ok... we may need to go back in time to picture what is really happening.
Few years ago the IBT came with the idea to change the name of the Club... Leo (with others) stood up and started Save Wally... (roughly). Result : name change failed.
Then happened the try to let Non AS Moho enter the Club, because AS would not manufacture MOHO anymore.
Again Leo, with others, like Bob T, stood up. Result : non AS moho within WBCCI failed.
Leo as Bob T, wanted to run from the floor for an International position...
Both did express their views.
Then started the grievance dance...

What I see here is the IBT wants to get rid of members that spread the words on what is going on in the club and how.
So sure what the IBT wants to have a free ride... and I wouldn't be surprised, if they could get rid of him, and all the ones that don't follow them like shadow, to see again the MOHO crap coming again.

And they distorted the rules to put pressure on those members. Tom C said it wouldn't print resume from people running from the floor at the club expenses... I bet anyone here, that it wouldn't had cost 150K like they spend on the Club expenses...

Interest of the Club is far from their concern. All they do or wanted to was to ensure their own privileges.

So their decisions are not only wrong they are made on the purpose to protect their own interests. Nothing to do with being incompetent. At least I could have accept that.
But they do know what they are doing.

Few rolling wheels to make our planet a house.

A 1/5th of her that I own.

TAC# : QC-1

my blog

https://rvcampreview.com
Old 03-03-2010, 02:33 PM   #50
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Cool

Quote:
Actually I'm not sure any of us are qualified to say what WBCCI paid for these letters to be sent. For all we know it could have been done gratis, reduced cost or full price. As to what they believe or not, again, we're guessing here, but fact seems to point to many letters being sent out (perhaps a bulk discount)
Law firms the size that they are using does nothing gratis, they have liability on anything they put their name to.
They need to do some research on what the client is asking them.

Someone from the club doesn't call a 400 member law firm up and say hey do me a favor can you send this guy a cease and desist letter. That's trademark, that's money.

It will pass thru several lawyers hands before it goes out each one of their time clock clicking away.

My guess is those letters cost $750- $1500 each.

Now what if that person answers that letter and requires another reply.....do the math......it costs.

Howie is correct it is costing the membership money.

Old 03-03-2010, 02:39 PM   #51
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug&maggie View Post
LI Pets/Bob,
I am stating my opinion, based on what I know and believe to be true, and my perception of what is being represented here, that's all.
Maggie
Maggie I asked you if you had a better solution, you failed to reply to that question therefore, I assume you do not.

Support your best option.

Old 03-03-2010, 04:02 PM   #52
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by byamcaravanner View Post
...Cannot fault them??? I sure can! Do they need to protect the brand from being used by members? Or are they just using that excuse to harass members that don't agree with the antics of the IBT?
Um, Steve, better check your facts....Rob got a letter, he's not a member. Carol got one...she's not a member. Leo got a letter, he's not a member. I don't know who else got letters, but it doesn't matter. WBCCI has ownership of some things. They can do what they like with it. Our like or dislike of it is irrelevant and only shows how very emotionally charged this subject is for some.

LI, I'm not going to get far into it because neither of us know for sure what they paid. Your guess is just that, a guess. Might be right, might be wrong. I would not be comfortable putting any data out I wasn't sure on...isn't that what you told me a few posts back?!
Old 03-03-2010, 04:27 PM   #53
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
I saw those letters they were not true trademark infringements, they would not succeed but they went to laymen and they caved not knowing their rights.

They were just bluffs

Old 03-03-2010, 06:57 PM   #54
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Um, Steve, better check your facts....Rob got a letter, he's not a member. Carol got one...she's not a member. Leo got a letter, he's not a member. I don't know who else got letters, but it doesn't matter. WBCCI has ownership of some things. They can do what they like with it. Our like or dislike of it is irrelevant and only shows how very emotionally charged this subject is for some.

I didn't get a letter. Did I? Should I have checked the mail today? Wha'dIdo now?

And it isn't so much that I am not a member this year yet, it's just that I am still in between making the payments.The dog ate my checkbook. (I was waiting on the Nova charter.)

photography
Old 03-03-2010, 07:12 PM   #55
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Carol
Check your mail daily. If you get a letter that will confirm my long time suspicion that Silvertwinkie is a proxy for the IBT. For someone without a dog in the fight he has an above average interest in things and a strong bias to degrade this effort.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:02 PM   #56
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
Carol
Check your mail daily. If you get a letter that will confirm my long time suspicion that Silvertwinkie is a proxy for the IBT. For someone without a dog in the fight he has an above average interest in things and a strong bias to degrade this effort.
This is almost comical. Me a proxy....talk about conspiracy theory. Carol posted something somewhat recently saying she was asked to do something, take something off....I thought it was a letter, but maybe it was an email. I do distinctly recall that Carol had mentioned she got something from someone.

Degrade? I told you all to go for it, see where the chips fall. I like others don't think you have a prayer, but as I said you gotta do what you gotta do.

Proxy for the IBT...you all crack me up. I suppose Goin Camping and anyone else that doesn't agree is part of this groundswell too right.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:08 PM   #57
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
Quote:
Carol
I hope you were smiling when you wrote that.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:13 PM   #58
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
That's a relief! I even trudged out in the dark and mud and snow to the mailbox a bit ago...no letter. PHEW

You are remembering the e-mail where Cindy Reed at headquarters asked me to remove the links to the MidWinter IBT meeting recordings I had uploaded before they were posted on the WBCCI site for all to hear. We were in a hurry to have facts for discussion...I removed the links as requested however. The public simulcast recordings were made available the next week I think. I was told the WBCCI owns the rights to reproduction.

Yet similarly as with the other issues afore mentioned, I don't see why that was a problem presented uncut for use of the members and interested parties within the context of the Air Forums WBCCI subforum meeting discussion. Obviously had the recordings been available in prompt manner and not to be delayed long enough to impede discussion, I could have linked to them easily and saved myself time and energy.

photography
Old 03-03-2010, 08:19 PM   #59
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc. (with Identity Shield)

Anyone ever hear of this outfit? It's a long established business. Individuals and businesses can join, and then when they have a need, a large, reputable law firm writes letters and if needed even goes to court to represent you as their client. I have a friend who became a salesman for this AFTER he'd gone through a bad divorce where his lawyer and ex-wife colluded. He joined and got almost $100K in compensation from both of them who had taken all of his investment money, sold his car and his house while he was on cruise.

An individual pays about $17 per month to belong, a company or club? I don't know. Is the law practiced "high quality"? YES. The law firms are paid a monthly retainer - sometimes exceeding their income from all "per incident" clients. If they are less than diligent the company cancels their lucrative contract and finds another firm.

One of the most attractive parts of this company from a business standpoint is that new laws allow the government to fine a business for any assault on it's records that ends up compromising credit card records/allows identity theft. The penalties are huge, especially considering that the BUSINESS is the victim, not the entity committing the crime.

Is the WBCCI using this outfit? Dunno. But if they are, they can have TONS of such letters sent at zero cost beyond their membership. They would be defended in any lawsuit at zero additional cost too. (Their lawyers might advise them to settle if the case against them was overwhelming, but it would cost them nothing.)

Should you/I/we have this protection? Perhaps so.

Paula
Old 03-03-2010, 08:20 PM   #60
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Sorry Carol, I wasn't suggesting or eluding that a letter was coming. At least my memory isn't totally shot. Hope you didn't get yer slippers dirty on the walk to the mailbox.
Closed Thread

Tags
greg gibson, vintage-airstream.com