Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 12:53 PM   #501
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I think it was mentioned before that the details would not be brought forth in this thread. I am not saavy on how this works but I would equate to bringing a box of receipts to the tax man. The professional will advise and use what he sees fit. And then at that point I would think it is even more important to let the lawyers do their work without showing our hand on the internet.

What was brought forth was the announcement and the update of progress in that the funds have recently been secured to file and of the support shown thus far and by whom, who do outnumber the individuals participating in this thread as is always the case in various threads.

The rest of the posts just show everyone here is having such a good or fulfilling time that we just can't stay away or help from posting to cheer on or to call retreat. Well and then some just like to stop by to stay in the WBCCI fray just to be remembered.

The warnings and suggestions and predictions have mostly been presented convincingly and in good faith. Don't feel as if your participation and comments are not being weighed and considered by many whether they are responded to or not. But conversely, it will have to be acknowleged that what you read here from those supporting the law suit are proceedings that have already happened or been set in motion or is currently in the works so discussion is not going to change that regardless of how persuasive and well meaning and valid your points, and points from others have been.

I think we just have to be respectful of every one's point of view and just be patient to see how it plays out. I think it's preferable and pertinent to speak of all things about WBCCI than some of what has been discussed.

photography
Old 05-15-2010, 03:05 PM   #502
2 Rivet Member

1992 34' Excella
riverhead , New York
I smell "agenda" and it is foul.

Nobody has explained this to me yet.
Why would anyone that is NOT a member in WBCCI care the least bit about this thread?
Of course we all have freedoms to read and post where we choose. I support that and it is great. That is one reason I left the WBCCI Forum because of their censorship policy.
But, why do non-members care about this thread? What is up with that. I just don't understand it. What am I missing?
Old 05-15-2010, 03:30 PM   #503
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Joe, so you are accusing some people of "foul" "agenda". But you don't specify this "foul" "agenda", instead choosing to paint with broad and vague strokes. Innuendo is a weak way of making an argument.

Some of us have stated in other threads why we post. You seem to be looking for something nefarious, perhaps not realizing not everyone has a dishonest and secretive side to them.

Since you have missed my reasons for posting, they include an interest in how communities and organizations function, how legal disputes are pursued, an interest in explaining legal issues to non-lawyers, Airstreams and their history, and a kind of strange interest in watching a slow motion train wreck (i.e., the whole WBCCI experience). If you had read carefully, you would have already known this. Maybe you have ready carefully, but prefer to use innuendo to make your argument.

Some backers of the lawsuit strategy do not appear to really believe in an open forum despite their pro forma statements they do. I doubt recent posts about nonmembers will encourage anyone to join the possibly reformed WBCCI in the future. More and more it looks like 2air is correct, and I hope I'm paraphrasing him properly, this is just internecine warfare amongst similarly minded individuals over control of a club.

Before the moderators close this thread because it's just getting too nasty, I'd like you to state clearly just what "foul" "agenda" you believe is behind nonmembers' posts.

Gene
Old 05-15-2010, 03:49 PM   #504
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
membership

Perhaps some non members and/former members really want to belong to the WBCCI, but want the club membership something to cherish, instead of the way it has been run for the last few years.

Membership, for most, in the WBCCI, was fun, fun and more fun.

When the fun disappears, in any club that was designed to have fun, so does membership.

Andy
Old 05-15-2010, 05:36 PM   #505
2 Rivet Member

1992 34' Excella
riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post
Joe, so you are accusing some people of "foul" "agenda". But you don't specify this "foul" "agenda", instead choosing to paint with broad and vague strokes. Innuendo is a weak way of making an argument.

Some of us have stated in other threads why we post. You seem to be looking for something nefarious, perhaps not realizing not everyone has a dishonest and secretive side to them.

Since you have missed my reasons for posting, they include an interest in how communities and organizations function, how legal disputes are pursued, an interest in explaining legal issues to non-lawyers, Airstreams and their history, and a kind of strange interest in watching a slow motion train wreck (i.e., the whole WBCCI experience). If you had read carefully, you would have already known this. Maybe you have ready carefully, but prefer to use innuendo to make your argument.

Some backers of the lawsuit strategy do not appear to really believe in an open forum despite their pro forma statements they do. I doubt recent posts about nonmembers will encourage anyone to join the possibly reformed WBCCI in the future. More and more it looks like 2air is correct, and I hope I'm paraphrasing him properly, this is just internecine warfare amongst similarly minded individuals over control of a club.

Before the moderators close this thread because it's just getting too nasty, I'd like you to state clearly just what "foul" "agenda" you believe is behind nonmembers' posts.

Gene
Gene,
I find it interesting that you would feel compelled to respond to my post.
Are you one of those that are NOT a member of WBCCI?
Old 05-15-2010, 05:48 PM   #506
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
1970 27' Overlander
South of Atlanta , Georgia
Good comment Andy. I have been watching this thread closely. It was only through personal conversations with the President and President Elect. of the Unit here that I decided to give WBCCI a try. Most of what I have read is very discouraging. That said, the people in the local unit seem very nice and that is who we will interact with since we both work and have small children at home. From what I have read we most likely will never interact with any of the "National" folk.
2009 Ford F150 5.4L
ProPride hitch with 1400# bars

AIR 41028
TAC GA-8
WBCCI 10199
Past President Southeastern Camping Unit (12)
Old 05-15-2010, 05:52 PM   #507
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Moderator hat on (again...):

One of the great forum challenges is maintaining an open discussion platform where all may participate without concern of excessive unpleasantness. In order to do these we have rules. Our most highly held rule is "Be Nice". This thread is straying into 'not nice' territory - fast.

Please keep your posts on the topic of this thread and collegial. You can disagree with each other but must find a way to do it without jeers, name calling, ridicule and other tactics designed to elicit a response from another party. State your point, move on and recognize that others may not agree. If you feel you must argue with a member who does not share your opinion, I encourage you to refrain from posting to this thread entirely.

Fair warning.

AirForums Custom Search
Old 05-15-2010, 06:17 PM   #508
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
I am sure you all know by now that Defendwally is well on it's way. I thought I would acknowledge the first support from one of a members traveling companion, their dog.
When you can keep the dogs happy that is time for a change.

Thanks Belle

Old 05-15-2010, 08:38 PM   #509
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by joecolao View Post
Gene,
I find it interesting that you would feel compelled to respond to my post.
Are you one of those that are NOT a member of WBCCI?
Obviously, now it would be good to not evade the question.

Gene
Old 05-15-2010, 09:00 PM   #510
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
Meet the new boss.

Same as the old boss.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Old 05-16-2010, 02:15 PM   #511
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
I just noticed the number of page views on this thread as now

Old 05-19-2010, 12:14 PM   #512
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
..and as a point of order, these threads have over 71k views:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f472...nge-35187.html

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f472...you-28567.html

These have over 50k views:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f286...cci-59475.html

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f239...test-3779.html

Folks love to rubberneck....and as is found in my sig...numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. Heck for a number of us, we've hit this thread at least a thousand times piece, so in essence what do the higher view counts suggest really?!
Old 05-19-2010, 01:31 PM   #513
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
Twink, what is your point exactly? That there are old posts out there that have lots of hits? It took years to get them. But a post like Robs, took only a few months to get up there. I guess what you point out is that posts about the sad shape of WBCCI do get lots of attention - quickly. But, posts on other topics not related to WBCCI take years to get to that point. Is that it?
Good job.
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Old 05-20-2010, 09:17 AM   #514
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
That would be your interpretation Tim and one way to look at it.

Of course like almost anything, numbers can be interpreted a number of ways to support a viewpoint.

Funny how you missed the fact that several of us here, active on this thread probably account for about 50% or more (most likely significantly more) of the views, meaning that of the 26,600 views, some of the most active contributors to this thread-- you, I, LI, Bob, Carol, Leo, Frank (who reads it for it's entertainment content), Howie, Gene, etc as users logged in and viewing as "guests" also increase the counts, making the view count comment somewhat skewed and not a good indicator of support or non-support for the lawsuit cause, but of course I suspect the slant in your retort will be equally important and telling.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:27 AM   #515
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Just a quick update to those following Defend Wally's progress here. I wrote a letter to all of the unit presidents and it has been sent out. I think if we get unit presidents to discuss issues with their units and friends, members will want to become involved. Together we can make changes to better the WBCCI. But not all members frequent the internet, so I think this will be a productive avenue. I had a unit president request a letter that he could share so we decided to do one. So far the response has been very encouraging.

photography
Old 05-20-2010, 11:26 AM   #516
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
I received a pm about the UP letter not connecting with their unit. I am not named as a plaintif on the e-mail if that is a source of confusion. It's also possible the unit is current enough in club matters that the letter was of small import and didn't require a mention. It is not content rich, but rather a lobby to rally together and begin important dialog with WBCCI members and a brief overview and direction to Defend Wally. Which considering the source, leads me to believe they definitely have that handled within their active and concerned unit, further evidenced by the concern shown in the pm. Thank you.

photography
Old 05-20-2010, 11:34 AM   #517
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
Just a quick update to those following Defend Wally's progress here. I wrote a letter to all of the unit presidents and it has been sent out. I think if we get unit presidents to discuss issues with their units and friends, members will want to become involved. Together we can make changes to better the WBCCI. But not all members frequent the internet, so I think this will be a productive avenue. I had a unit president request a letter that he could share so we decided to do one. So far the response has been very encouraging.
Good news.

At our Unit rally last weekend, we made a specific request to have more and thorough information via email, also that absentee voting be implemented for those who are unable to attend all rallies. (See post on Richard Heyde thread)

We received via email yesterday the May Presidential Report from Tom Collier, also the May Unit 5 Report, both of which were interesting and informative. These will now be coming monthly.

A good start.

Maggie
Old 05-20-2010, 11:36 AM   #518
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
I received a pm about the UP letter not connecting with their unit. I am not named as a plaintif on the e-mail if that is a source of confusion. It's also possible the unit is current enough in club matters that the letter was of small import and didn't require a mention. It is not content rich, but rather a lobby to rally together and begin important dialog with WBCCI members and a brief overview and direction to Defend Wally. Which considering the source, leads me to believe they definitely have that handled within their active and concerned unit, further evidenced by the concern shown in the pm. Thank you.
Can you post a copy of that letter here, or pm it to me?

Maggie
Old 05-20-2010, 11:39 AM   #519
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
pm sent

Old 05-21-2010, 07:23 AM   #520
Rivet Master

I'm speechless.
‘62 Overlander 26 ft. ATW Yeager trailer #5289
"62 Airstream 22ft. ATW Hall trailer #83,’90 SQ Sream, ‘06 Bambi Q/S, Prevost Featherlite 45ft, GMC/ Bigfoot camper
Closed Thread

Tags
greg gibson, vintage-airstream.com