Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 06:41 PM   #351
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertwinkie View Post
I think my previously stated answer was fairly self explanatory, Tim. If you need further clarification, shoot me a PM and we'll talk offline.
Come on Twinkie lets not start the same level of censorship you apply on that so called WBCCI Forum. Lets keep our discussions open and in front of the public.

The first and last thread I ever posted over there was removed in less than an hour. It just so happened to be a link to a thread on this forum. Are you now saying such a post might last more than an hour.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:33 PM   #352
Rivet Master

How about we try this and maybe Silvertwinkie will help.

Some can write a clear concise “Thread Post” about how the Metro NY Unit has now signed on to be the principle plaintiff in the lawsuit and has committed $2,000.00 from the Units treasury in support of this action. One could include the list of reasons for this lawsuit from the defendwally.org website and state if there are other members or Unit leaders that feel/think the same way to please contact XXX person or the Metro NY Unit for more details.

I would make the post no more than three short paragraphs and include the list from defendwally.org at the end. No name calling and such, just clear facts.

This “post” can then be submitted to the powers at the forums website for the WBCCI for approval and comment.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:40 PM   #353
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieE View Post
Gene

No one has ever voiced and thoughts of changing the progression up through the ranks. There is nothing wrong with that and it serves the Club well to have experienced individuals coming along. That part of the election system that has to be changed is the method of entering the progression. As long as there is only a single slate of hand picked successors presented to the membership nothing will ever change. The intent of the suit is to brake the strangle hold that deigns nominations to any office other than those presented by the nomination committee.

This is not a coup, revolution, takeover, or overthrow. No one here is seeking power. We are seeking the return of the governance of the Club to the membership. If the membership once repowered wants to underwrite the current conditions at least they will have voted on it rather than having it decreed.

We can not predict how a Strong Membership will act, once they regain the rights that they have lost, but by damned I for one am willing to give them a chance.
I can't disagree with empowering the members, but I am unsure whether they want to be empowered. I think to really change the organization, you do have to involve yourselves in elections and seek change through leadership positions. That is the political side of a strategy of reform.

So far as the progression up through the ranks, that is one way of running an organization. Another way is to let anyone run no matter how inexperienced they are and hoping fresh perspectives enliven the leadership. By the time someone gets to the IBT they are possibly co-opted. A mix of experiences in years in office and years on the planet, seems to me a good idea.

But, litigation will not solve most of the issues around elections, nominations and bylaw requirements for holding upper positions. Only politics can solve that. Perhaps you have that covered and if you are working behind the scenes to do so, fine. That's how all political movements start.

I can't wait to see the Complaint.

Gene
Old 05-05-2010, 08:54 PM   #354
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Twinkie

At 9:50 pm EST a link was posted on the other Forum under the Front Porch section.
http://forum.wbcci.org/front-porch/1129-wbcci-sued.html

Lets see if it is up in the am.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:54 PM   #355
VAC President

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
Quote:
Come on Twinkie lets not start the same level of censorship you apply on that so called WBCCI Forum. Lets keep our discussions open and in front of the public.

The first and last thread I ever posted over there was removed in less than an hour. It just so happened to be a link to a thread on this forum. Are you now saying such a post might last more than an hour.
No, what that means is that based on Twink's statement a few messages back, it is WBCCI who has decided that links to sites like Airforums are what is not authorized and has required that they be removed, likely because of their inappropriateness. I have no doubt that WBCCI has provided a complete set of guidelines for the admins and mods to follow there.
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Old 05-05-2010, 09:00 PM   #356
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
...or in other words banned from being linked. However I think I saw links and or quotes to posts on Air Forums made by the administration when it suits the administration's point of view. That particular WBCCI forum is more than moderated. It is orchestrated for tone and opinion. If you post an opinion that alone is reason for deletion because it can be credited to be unfactual and then accordingly disallowed, unless it is reenforcing an accepted point of view and in that case it is then encouraged regardless of its factual basis. Sanctions are not applied equally across the board and the administrators have total latitude to impune any one's comments as divisive and negative. I and many others decided a long time ago that the hit or miss success rate of postings was not worth the time and energy to create them. Ask Rob what he thinks of their censorship. Many have left or no longer post in disgust over the overtly aggressive censorship of the forums. I remember one post made by another individual that was so radically edited the only sentence that stood was the member's introduction of himself. Ridiculous!

photography
Old 05-05-2010, 09:23 PM   #357
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Thumbs down

Quote:
Twinkie

At 9:50 pm EST a link was posted on the other Forum under the Front Porch section.
http://forum.wbcci.org/front-porch/1129-wbcci-sued.html

Lets see if it is up in the am.
Howie it's gone, I made screen shots (exhibits) for the litigation before and after.

The forum is a tool for members they should not be censored like this.

They also shouldn't have a used Airstream dealer running and advertising on it like he owns it.

Old 05-05-2010, 09:40 PM   #358
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
Gene you have a PM
Replied.

Am I to surmise from the previous posts the Complaint has been served and/or filed? Will it or a link appear here?

Gene
Old 05-05-2010, 09:59 PM   #359
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Eric, your WBCCI forum would not allow others to quote their intellectual property from their members only section of the WBCCI forum. You are not even allowed there as a moderator of their forums. Yet you have posted member only posts here for the general public. You must be a member of Save Wally to have access to Wally's Inside Track from whence you copied and pasted Leo's comments speaking to his supporters. I am not certain of the ethical position to post sensitive matters publically using your membership at Save Wally to breach that security. As a moderator yourself of WBCCI, I am surprised at your action. Why exactly did you think that was pertinent here? Your point? Or did you just want to be the first to scoop "Bull Dog." It's no wonder they don't let you in the members only section! You have done what your own WBCCI forum forbids others from doing, have you not? However we do appreciate the publicity and spike in hits to the thread. Now can you help us out on WBCCI forums the same way, since you are obviously signed up as a Save Wally supporter and member? Many of us don't bother to chack their pages you could repost here for our convenience, and if it is members only material, so much the better, for all the readers don't you think?

photography
Old 05-05-2010, 10:01 PM   #360
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:

I don't follow you, I've made it pretty clear and chose not to repeat myself sparing folks reading the same response. How that can be translated into censorship only proves to me that you're not listening or selectively reading into what you want, but let me clarify.....

What I am saying is that club private business is kept in the members only section. Like it or not, that is the way it is, plain and simple. It would appear your post to the public are is not there and I haven't asked about it since again, I thought I made it clear that kind of discussion is not public business. So what do you do, you go and post it to the public area and no doubt, you'll complain tomorrow that it's not there. Do I need to draw pictures, use smaller words?!?!

As for your first and last post Howie you and I both know your sole purpose was to incite over Leo's dismissal from the club.

Paul, if you'd like to put something as indicated earlier following the TOS, I would be happy to see what I can do to assist.

LI, you are one unique individual. I mean, I really like you. You peak my curiosity, but you spend your days, time and money to do it better than Greg or WBCCI has rather than spend your days like Ahab chasing his whale.

I am missing your points Carol. My WBCCI forum? Not. You and the VO talking ethics is hysterical. If I had a buck for every distortion, theft of image, mail lists and anything else I've read in various places from the VO which you are clearly a part of, I could retire.... I mean really, the VO is totally disorganized. LI says one thing, Howie another, Leo another, Rob, Frank are on a different page than the rest and you go where the wind blows. Frank disagrees, gets piled on buy folks who feel similarly. Many times folks don't agree with the VO, they get piled on. I truly feel I should be the least of y'all's worries.
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Old 05-05-2010, 10:16 PM   #361
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
What's a VO? Isn't that alcohol? I said your forums because it is the forums that has appointed you to act as a moderator. To disclaim the forum is a bit disingenuous. I am not implying it belongs to you. If anyone thought that I was, I was not. Is that what you thought I meant? Was there anything else specifically you wanted me to address in "my" paragraph? Oh and so everyone knows...that paragraph isn't mine. I am just quickly referencing it as mine because you were addressing me by name in that paragraph.

YouTube - Fasten Your Seatbelts

photography
Old 05-05-2010, 10:24 PM   #362
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertwinkie View Post

LI, you are one unique individual. I mean, I really like you. You peak my curiosity, but you spend your days, time and money to do it better than Greg or WBCCI has

Greg do it better, how he has no traffic.

Greg spend money, for what to advertise airstreams for free

Wbcci does a better forum currently there are 4 yes four members viewing?
This form has over 600, yep when you're right you're right they do a better forum......maybe in a cemetery. That forum is DEAD

They hire U a non member?

Old 05-05-2010, 10:31 PM   #363
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post

What R U smoking dude?

Obviously nothing as strong as you appear to be partaking in.... It's an apples to oranges comparison. This forum has been around for over 7 years. That forum, in it's current state, less than a year. If after 5 years it's the same, you might have some point. So you want to add to your suit the operation of that donated forum? Please e-pass what you're smokin', I'd love to try the more powerful stuff. BTW, I was not hired, I volunteered. Hired seems to indicate I am being compensated, which is not true....and yes, if you can do it better, please by all means show us all the way Captain.

Side note, Howie's lawsuit thread was moved to the private area.
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Old 05-05-2010, 11:01 PM   #364
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
I am missing your points Carol. My WBCCI forum? Not. You and the VO talking ethics is hysterical. If I had a buck for every distortion, theft of image, mail lists and anything else I've read in various places from the VO which you are clearly a part of, I could retire.... I mean really, the VO is totally disorganized. LI says one thing, Howie another, Leo another, Rob, Frank are on a different page than the rest and you go where the wind blows. Frank disagrees, gets piled on buy folks who feel similarly. Many times folks don't agree with the VO, they get piled on. I truly feel I should be the least of y'all's worries.
Odd how someone who thinks they should be the least of our worries just happens by out of the blue to post, assumedly not to be taken notice of then? I don't know that we are so worried as we are courteously answering your posts.

While the WBCCI forums is not your forums, I am to be clearly part of all parties and actions named. OK. I'll own it, unlike you and your affiliation or non-affiliation.

I believe you are confused to assume that supporters' collective power is diminished because we are individuals and do not present conformity of thought.

As far as debating ethics and opinions that's a loop that never ends for you and me. But again, I ask you why the sudden appearance and posting of Leo's March 4th communication more than two months prior? What was the significance and what reaction were you courting?

photography
Closed Thread

Tags
greg gibson, vintage-airstream.com