Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 03:26 PM   #15
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3streams View Post
"add your support please do so http://defendwally.org"

The comments filled out on this page- who are they going to... you guys or directly to WBCCI? I am filling out the info and that would be helpful in how to best express my opinions. Also will the comments be made public or simply reviewed and consolidated (I know we share a lot of the same grievances)?
They are NOT going to the WBCCI, they are going to be reviewed they may be used but only with the users approval.

We are also seeking additional grounds that any member feels we should be aware of.

Old 03-02-2010, 03:39 PM   #16
Islay - 63 O.

1963 26' Overlander
Montreal , -
Send a message via MSN to dufferin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertwinkie View Post
Leo is not a member either...
Do you mean Leo G here?

Because if it's him you're relating to it really is part of the point.
If Leo G is not member anymore it's because the spirit of the law (grievance in that case) has been highly distorted to achieve personal revenge against someone that did express his opposition to the long term IBT taken road for the club (name, non AS moho...). Like Bob T two years ago... but when JF talks about quality for membership (and it is the most discriminating statement I heard in a long term) there is here nothing insulting here may be?
It's a quater inch close to a criminal court for such statement...
He is still a member as far as I know.
And I am not even talking about the lack of respect for the procedure itself...

Few rolling wheels to make our planet a house.

A 1/5th of her that I own.

TAC# : QC-1

my blog

http://rvcampreview.com
Old 03-02-2010, 03:44 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Leo IS a member as far as the membership and Leo is concerned! That is a far cry from someone who has not cared for the club, even advocated against it and decided not to be a member, Eric. However you decided to now become a moderator as a non-member for a micromanaged forum is anyone's guess. There is a huge difference between your two statuses. Good luck you wish the members as a mercenary and NO offense because I like you, but what up with the back and forth and no loyalties??? To the victor my patootie! This is not the middle ages and whoever wins is not necessarily the right side. That is just an affront to WBCCI members who truly care. I have to say and I usually am quite generous in my thinking that you rank as an outsider and BOY do I hate saying that to anyone but it was YOUR own decision and we have not forgotten, not have you changed your mind and joined. Papa don't preach!

The lawsuit is the last redress as I see it. No amount of energy or trying to perform within the system could as much as be acknowleged by the IBT except to put individuals on hit lists and be discriminated against. Sad but true. No one needs tell us about it, we were new, hopeful and energetic and have learned the process that is obviously broken and skewed!

photography
Old 03-02-2010, 03:47 PM   #18
VAC President

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3streams View Post
"add your support please do so http://defendwally.org"

The comments filled out on this page- who are they going to... you guys or directly to WBCCI? I am filling out the info and that would be helpful in how to best express my opinions. Also will the comments be made public or simply reviewed and consolidated (I know we share a lot of the same grievances)?
They will be posted on the site as far as I know but if you wish that not to be the case, i am sure you can write that in the comments area too and your wished will be respected.
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Old 03-02-2010, 03:50 PM   #19
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Agreed, however, I don't think one can compare Bob T to Leo G. Universe of difference here. Bob I felt really did get the shaft and I felt Bob was constructive and methodical in everything he did. I can't say that about the later.....but again, we'll see where this goes. We're all entitled to our opinions and in the end, we'll see who's proven right. If you ask me (and you didn't, but I'll tell ya anyway), I don't think many on either side of the river are gonna 100% like the outcome. Hopefully we'll all sit shoulder to shoulder at a campfire singing Kumbaya, most likely not gonna happen, but it's a nice thought.

Carol, the only folks that typically benefit from litigation are the lawyers.
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Old 03-02-2010, 03:50 PM   #20
4 Rivet Member

1948 22' Liner
1961 26' Overlander
1949 24' Limited
Springs , Pennsylvania
I'm glad to see something is trying to be done about this whole thing. It may be too little too late but you have to try something.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:05 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Silvertwinkie

In your first post you commented this was a GREAT IDEA and now you comment that Bob T got a RAW deal. Give that you recognize there are problems are you just going to sit on the side lines and hurl invectives at this or are you going to get on board?

This is going forward and yes it will cost a buck or two. But the greater question is do we want to sit on the side lines and watch the money be spent for the benefit of the Leaders or do we want to spend it now and correct the things we all acknowledge to be wrong.

As for the camp fire. It will be in the middle of the river and I will build the float to support it.

Old 03-02-2010, 04:16 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
JOY IN , Arizona
wow this is really getting out of hand, its only a camping club.
wbcci ,#3510 NEU & 4cu http://fire1.smugmug.com
Old 03-02-2010, 04:26 PM   #23
Islay - 63 O.

1963 26' Overlander
Montreal , -
Send a message via MSN to dufferin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertwinkie View Post
Agreed, however, I don't think one can compare Bob T to Leo G. Universe of difference here.
The problem saying that is that the ones that wanted Bob out would have state the same thing as you regarding Leo... and that's all about it again... you keep feeding me here. SUBJECTIVE.

You may think Bob T is quality when you think Leo is not. You like one when you don't the other one.
Based on personal perception. That should never be taken into consideration.

Laws, rules, in our respective country are made to prevent such arbitrary
statement or should I say to prevent decision based on arbitrary stament. Not to serve them.

Few rolling wheels to make our planet a house.

A 1/5th of her that I own.

TAC# : QC-1

my blog

http://rvcampreview.com
Old 03-02-2010, 05:07 PM   #24
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by firedog View Post
wow this is really getting out of hand, its only a camping club.
No it is NOT a camping club it is a CARAVAN club. There is a difference. I only commented on that so I can watch where this thread will go...
Old 03-02-2010, 05:11 PM   #25
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
JOY IN , Arizona
ditto to you , my mistake, wally byam caravan club international, as a new member i stand corrected.
wbcci ,#3510 NEU & 4cu http://fire1.smugmug.com
Old 03-02-2010, 05:29 PM   #26
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieE View Post
Silvertwinkie

In your first post you commented this was a GREAT IDEA and now you comment that Bob T got a RAW deal. Give that you recognize there are problems are you just going to sit on the side lines and hurl invectives at this or are you going to get on board?

This is going forward and yes it will cost a buck or two. But the greater question is do we want to sit on the side lines and watch the money be spent for the benefit of the Leaders or do we want to spend it now and correct the things we all acknowledge to be wrong.

As for the camp fire. It will be in the middle of the river and I will build the float to support it.
I was being facetious about the proposed suit. I do think Bob got a raw deal. But I also know I prob didn't then (in Bob's case) or now (in Leo's case) have access to all the info why the things that happened did occur. IIRC Bob's termination was reversed, and the current system did it without being hauled into court about it.

Bottom line, your darn right I'm gonna sit on the sidelines (for the most part), but I'm also going to point out areas where I think folks have missed the mark ( I can be a Monday morning QB like the best of 'em).

Look, I know WBCCI has some issues, show me a .org that doesn't. Are WBCCI's worse than most? To some, yes, to others, no. Is it worth going to the mattresses over? Again, to some yes, others no. Just cause I say no, doesn't mean you all don't have a right to do what's in your best interest.

I guess I can be kind of jaded with this because everytime I turn my back, there are 10 folks chanting the death chant every time they get near a keyboard. It's like talking politics or religion or Ford vs. Chevy, you have two camps deeply committed to the cause. It just gets old, but I will say this, if you build a float that can support our Airstreams, I'll camp out there with you....might not agree on every subject we talk about, but would happily camp with you...again, it's a club....we have options, doesn't mean we can't be civil in disagreement or find some areas of commonality.
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Old 03-02-2010, 09:03 PM   #27
4 Rivet Member

1948 22' Liner
1961 26' Overlander
1949 24' Limited
Springs , Pennsylvania
If you are going to sit on the sideline then you shouldn't get involved.
Andy
Old 03-02-2010, 09:17 PM   #28
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
I think what we would to have besides your support, is events or circumstances that you feel are or have being done incorrectly by the board or others members that should be brought to our attention.
Either in this thread or PM us.

This input would help our legal team.

For example one member PM'd me with this comment, (yes I have his permission to post it)

Board membersaccepting benefits unavailable to the general membership from outside corporations and/or companies and failing to report resulting conflict of interests to the membership (e.g. deep discounts on the purchase of Airstream RV products and/or services, free use of Airstream products for family members, etc.)"

IRS isn't reading this thread are they?
Moreover, is the club risking their non profit status?

Closed Thread

Tags
greg gibson, vintage-airstream.com