Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-08-2012, 07:57 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
WBCCI - 'and the survey says...'

I have received a new non-renewal e-mail from WBCCI asking to reconsider renewing membership and/or to contact Corporate Manager Cindy R. or Membership Chair Deb M. should I have concerns that they could address. Have others received and completed their survey?

There is a request to complete a short survey concerning why you have not renewed for 2012 and to help improve WBCCI and make it more responsive to the wishes of our members.

Survey asks...

for your WBCCI number, if and when you may intend to renew for 2012 and what the main and secondary reason for chosing not to renew your membership is.

There are many possible selections that you can check off but you must only check one, such as: Unhappy with Airstream, Inc. / service, purchase of another brand of motorhome or trailer, age, health, death of a spouse, change in lifestyle, personal or family reasons, change in economics, not enough time to participate in activities, activities didn't appeal to your demographic, didn't feel welcome, dissatisfied with WBCCI in general, dissatisfied with WBCCI leadership, cost of dues, headquarters did not receive dues, no notice of dues renewal from unit, or other.

There also is a field for additional comments.

Will the results of the survey be put in the Blue Beret or made available online? If it were available online, the survey could be extended to others as well, such as former, current and prospective members. Many reasons could easily be divided into further subsets and comments collected in the process. Perhaps a sticky on the new members forum will allow further and continous membership measurement systems and discussion, or not. It could utilize a daily wellness score that could follow the trends on core facets of satisfaction and perception to keep the club competitve for an actionable best.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:15 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
We didn't renew.

I don't know why so many people will pay $75 dues just to camp with their unit, but verbalize their dissatisfaction with the behavior and attitudes of those at the top.

WBCCI is just not for us.

Didn't receive a survey, but really, I've said enough. They know why and didn't need to ask.

Maggie
Old 02-08-2012, 09:24 AM   #3

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
As we have remained WBCCI members, we did not receive the survey. Maybe they should consider expanding the survey to current members also. The main reason that we have maintained our WBCCI membership is to be able to camp at the various Airstream parks. We stay at these parks enough to more than pay for our WBCCI membership.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:49 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1998 31' Excella 1000
1979 23' Safari
Mooresville , Indiana
The survey via email only went out if there was a valid email address on file. If not, you should get a good ole USPS delivered survey.

At this time I don't know of any plans to survey the entire membership, but I do think it would be a great idea. I suggest everyone in favor of this contact their Unit and Regional president.

Damon
damonbeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:25 PM   #5
Don McKelvay

1994 34' Limited
London , Ontario
For information in past years Headquarters sent a snail mail letter to all those who had not renewed for the current year to remind them of this and requested they let the Club know why they had not renewed. Unfortunately the number who usually replied was about 20% and about 18% of the letters were returned as 'undeliverable'. The reasons past members reported for not renewing, or then said they would renew, were then reported to the Club. In 2011, 13% of those sent a letter renewed and the majority of those who did not renew gave reasons of death of spouse, health, unhappy with the Club and no notice given by their unit.

In an effort to use modern technology, especially for those with email addresses, make it easier for them to reply and hopefully to get a higher percentage of replies as well as the bonus of saving mailing costs for both the member and Club Headquarters, I arranged for the survey to be sent by email to those who have it and Cindy Reed, our Club Corporate Manager would continue to send the survey to those without emails. I would like to recognize the wonderful work by Carolyn Beardshear of the Electronic Communications Committee helping me regarding this survey.

This year's survey questions were almost the same as what members had reported in the 2011 snail mail survey - with a little 'tweeking', to enable us to do a comparison from 2011 to 2012. Once the replies are received through both the internet and snail mails they will be compiled and the information disseminated in March. Hopefully, the feedback will assist in improving our great Club. I would like to see more use of internet/snail mail surveys in the future.

Cheers,
Don McKelvay #205
WBCCI Membership Chairman
WBCCI #205
AIR #42
1994 34' Limited
2004 GMC 2500 HD
Hensley Hitch
Don McKelvay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:43 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
They just sent out surveys so they can justify payin her 40k a year.They just want your $65 bucks Carol.
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:59 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
Yes the ladies at Jackson Center are paid from your dues money. The idea of taking surveys came from the executive board who are members and have volunteered their time. The idea to expand the surveys to emails came from the current membership chairman technically assisted by the ECC, made up of members. The survey's intention is to pinpoint the reasons people quit. Some of those reasons we can not do any thing to change. Some reasons for early quiters are caused by things we could improve. Some are caused by operation procedures and the range of benefits offered. Hopefully, the survey will eventually will lead to changes which will reduce the things that people find so objectionable that they quit. All the members would like to see membership numbers stabilized, so that we can spread the $250,000 fixed cost of operation of the club over more members and therefore hold the due per year steady.
dwightdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:03 PM   #8
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
If you are not a member why are you concerned with what the employees are paid? jim
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:53 AM   #9
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
While I am critical of many things the club does, I have nothing but good to say about the office staff at JC. They are always quick to respond with any info I ask for.

Rick Freezing in Sarasota
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

RickDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:24 AM   #10
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by damonbeals View Post
At this time I don't know of any plans to survey the entire membership, but I do think it would be a great idea. I suggest everyone in favor of this contact their Unit and Regional president.

Damon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don McKelvay View Post
For information in past years Headquarters sent a snail mail letter to all those who had not renewed for the current year to remind them of this and requested they let the Club know why they had not renewed. I would like to recognize the wonderful work by Carolyn Beardshear of the Electronic Communications Committee helping me regarding this survey.

This year's survey questions were almost the same as what members had reported in the 2011 snail mail survey - with a little 'tweeking', to enable us to do a comparison from 2011 to 2012. Once the replies are received through both the internet and snail mails they will be compiled and the information disseminated in March. Hopefully, the feedback will assist in improving our great Club. I would like to see more use of internet/snail mail surveys in the future.

Cheers,
Don McKelvay #205
WBCCI Membership Chairman
Survey questions involving what one likes best about the WBCCI would also be advantageous for directing the future. As Brian (moosetags) has mentioned the savings of staying in an Airstream Park more than pays for a membership to the WBCCI. Caravans are also a great value and money saver for those able to avail themselves of the opportunity. And what we seem to hear the most as a member value is the fun and friendship of WBCCI. However is that accurately creditable to club provision or is that brought in freely by its members? The club needs to do better and these surveys are a great start. Now it is time to follow through, something sorely delinquent and more often than not the ever present elephant in the WBCCI meeting room. Will the WBCCI continue to ride its laurels and terms of office taking credit for things it should not be taking credit for? Where does WBCCI go from here? That is what many are really watching for, some good faith action to get the ball rolling again and the club moving forward. Will the leaders actually start to take action and follow through on all the information it gathers in its interminable ordering of reports and committees? And if so, when will we see the fruits of their labors?

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:49 AM   #11
Rivet Master

1981 27' Excella II
mays landing , South Jersey
I will be 70 yrs old this year and sometimes it makes me feel older when with the club. If you cant attract more younger people to the club it will die off on its own. Just my .02 worth. Sal.
TAC N.J. 17
WBCCI 24740
noreen&sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:14 PM   #12
Rivet Master

1967 17' Caravel
Pocatello , Idaho
Survey?

We are members of WBCCI and will probably continue to be since we enjoy the VAC at the Intnls, but I lost a lot of my enthusiasm when the Capetown-to-Cairo 50th Caravan under Bert Kalet was disapproved by the Intn'l officers and then lost Airstream Corp's support (a cause and effect pairing).

Where is Wally's adventurous spirit in WBCCI today? Wally would be embarassed to be associated with us today. And without someone like Wally in Airstream Corp., it has also become a timid Nellie. A/S is living on its past romance, and as soon as the Boomers are gone, so will be those memories and A/S will HAVE to do something to make them worth their extravagant price again.

Sorry for the highjacking....

Vivian
Landshark is offline   Reply With Quote

« Numbers | Top | Numbers? »