Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-07-2002, 07:41 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Send a message via Yahoo to rochleau
Wbcci?

I thinking about joining the WBCCI, but I am wondering what the advantages are? I'm at a stage in my life where I can't do a lot of traveling, and most of my camping is local. In one of the flyer's it states designated campground discounts. Is there a list of these campgrounds. I would really like to join, but can't find enough advantages for me. Is it just for retired people????
Old 07-07-2002, 02:37 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
WBCCI

Welcome to~~~
As you enter into retirement, you'll find all sorts of activities 'local' to you within your local WBCCI chapter. But, the nicest thing about belong'g is what you might possibly be able to do for others within your local area. Like setting up a courtesy parking for people visiting your area overnight, etc. Being that, you're then retire'd..You'll have a greater advantage to get involved.
Whatever you do, enjoy your retirement yrs~
NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 06:51 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

Send a message via Yahoo to rochleau
Sorry, I'm too young to retire yet. I must have conveyed the wrong message. It's the fact that I'm not retired(or even close) that is my problem. The closest rally to me is 60 miles and I don't have the time to travel farther. I was hoping that someone could give me some other advantaged to wbcci other than the rallies. I am a member of the local Kiwanis and we do a lot of community events. Is the wbcci an on the road type of thing or do they have roots. Dave
Old 07-07-2002, 09:50 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Ref: Why

Dave,
Good questions raised deserve answers.
The best way to get an insight to WBCCI and, the answers to your questions is to visit the website for WBCCI. Look it over and, just remember this..We're not all 'retired yet..Hope you enjoy it.
http://www.wbcci.org
ciao
NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 09:56 PM   #5

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Dave,
I'm far from retirement but after pulling some form of trailer for over 20 years, and doing it pretty much alone (of course with my wife so not quite alone), I thought it might be interesting to join the organization. I did and still do belong to Good Sam, but that relationship was pretty much for the discounts.

When considering purchasing my Safari about a year and a half ago I stumbled on some Airstream web sites and Hunter Hampton's list serve. I remember telling my wife that these folks are just not people who own Airstreams. This trailer is almost cult like with folks restoring them, collecting them, talking about them and so on.

I contacted the International and while I didn't join, they tipped off the local chapter who sent me a couple of letters and their newsletter. Our local dealer sponsors a bi-annual fall State Rally and Patty and I thought it might be interesting to attend. Well needless to say the local chapter found us and took care of us like we were old friends. We joined at that point and have attended a Valentine's Day luncheon this spring and an April Rally that was held about 30 miles outside of St. Louis.

Again in both cases we were treated like royalty and felt like we were old timers in the organization. I can't say enough about the folks in the group. Bottom line I guess as I analyze it we joined for the fellowship. Our chapter leadership is especially cognitive of those of us still working so events have been held close to town. We are having three chapter rallies this year all will be at different campgrounds within 50 miles of St. Louis.

I look at our joining as opening another door to our camping experience and welcome our association with WBCCI and our local Chapter. Great folks.

Regards,

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote