Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-04-2010, 09:48 PM   #21
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
Good question. The problem is that I don't even know when they were members of the club. They left lots of literature in the rig, but the only thing WBCCI about it was the faint numbers, etched into the aluminum front and back.

Lynn
Old 03-05-2010, 05:52 AM   #22
The Silver Biscuit

2004 28' International CCD
Austin , Texas
On the bright side, you don't have folks walking up to you in the campgrounds calling you by your PO's name ....
Rosie39j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 03:33 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65GT View Post
Lynn,

The 1968 directory max's out at 20528. I'm wondering if that was compiled from Nov '67 data as it is today?

__
From memory, my 1966 Directory definitely says that it represents membership as of 12/31/1965. I think my 1975 Directory states or implies that it reflects the membership as of about 12/15/1974. So that answer is more or less "yes".
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 12:54 AM   #24
Rivet Master

1956 26' Cruiser/Overlander
1967 17' Caravel
Newport , New Hampshire
Join TAC

I would encourage anyone out there with an interest for getting together with other Airstreams owners to keep you eye on this TAC (The Airstream Owners Club). We are members. No dues and so far no organization and more importantly no politics. I’m not sure it's right but I think we may see something positive develop here.

If TAC can operate as may other clubs do such as the GEOcaching clubs popping up it stands a good chance as an alternative to the other. I love my Unit but also find it hard to continue to be a part of the WBCCI nonsense.

If this energetic group can organize activities and keep away from dues, money, politics and organization it will succeed. The Geocaching clubs do. I have been attending many of these, camping with these great people. Surprising enough the camping experiences we have had look just like Airstreams Rallies. Pig roast, breakfasts, pot luck dinners etc. A bunch of great people getting together camping, campfires, good conversation, good friends. The organization and all that goes with it ruins our WBCCI club.

I pay due now to the mother-ship but not sure how long I will do that. I'm becoming very disenchanted. I also do encourage poepoe to try local units you may hit the honey hole like we did with NEU. Then you may feel the due has more value to you.

Robin

"Reality Is The Leading Cause Of Stress"
"There are only five great men in the world and three of them are hamburgers."
rgesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 06:00 PM   #25
2 Rivet Member

1992 34' Excella
riverhead , New York
Mistermike,Aviator,Pill

WBCCI is really a great club. The units are where it all happens. All the good stuff is mostly at the unit level.
The negative stuff that some speak of is the result of some "arrogance" on the part of the club leadership.
You do not have to be a part of it.
I myself am involved, to some degree because I want to see some changes made. One of my camping buddies who is a Past Unit President that has helped our unit along and contributed immensely to our success, has been terminated. And apparently they have been "gunning for him" because he has tried to bring about some legitmate changes in the way that our club does business.
Join. Have fun with your unit. It is all about people in their great "aluminum tubes". You will never regret it!
Old 03-21-2010, 05:54 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2020 30' Classic
Derwood , Maryland
Wow - this seems so much akin to issues the "Harley Owners Group" have expressed in the past/present/ongoing....
JFScheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 12:27 PM   #27
2 Rivet Member

2000 30' Excella
Kirkwood , Pennsylvania
People are going to have to find out for them selves if they want to belong to the WBCCI as for me it has been a rewarding experience and I have been able to meet and share common interest with many Airstreamer's from different Units that I would not have had the opportunity to meet had I not joined the WBCCI and attended various Rally's and the Keystone PA. Unit wonderful Luncheons, picnics and Rally's. It is better to be a "Has Been" then a "Never Has Been" and find out for yourself.
Steve (Solar Stream)
Solar Stream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 06:51 AM   #28
3 Rivet Member

2008 27' Classic FB
Anytown , Massachusetts
I learned so much the first year in the NEU it was priceless.

Shane,
I had never towed anything before I bought my AS. The NEU helped me learn how to be a safe and competent AS'er in one year. I believe the friendship(s) and fellowship is wonderful.

I am confident if I did not join the NEU it would of taken years to learn on my own all the info I learned in one year. Every rally I learn new things about ASing and my AS because everyone (for the most part) is passionate about ASing.
Just my two (2) cents. Good luck with your decision.

Lin.
WBCCI #8701* TAC MA-1 * NEU UNIT
Gracie...A Liver & White GSP
Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
Whirlaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 05:02 AM   #29
Pam
Rivet Master

1967 17' Caravel
1968 24' Tradewind
Northborough , Massachusetts
Try it out...

I would invite any Airstream Owner to try the WBCCI club out. As with anything you can get involved in the politics or not. It's your choice. Most of us are just camping anyway. With the New England Unit, our focus is on our event schedule, getting together for impromptu parties, camping or whatever. Very fun. There's way more emphasis on this than the politics of the club. (I am not sure what "politics" means anyway).

The Airforums is not in anyway an official outlet for the WBCCI or it's membership. It's purely social, from what I understand. So there's lots of opinions here and unfortunately, I lot of negativity from what I can read. You have to sort it out for yourself, but I would try it (the WBCCI) out personally before going along with opinions expressed here.

New England Unit....in Fun, Fellowship and Adventure.
Pam is offline   Reply With Quote