Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-07-2006, 03:07 PM   #57
Rivet Master
 
Airstream25's Avatar
 
1995 25' Excella
1961 26' Overlander
1982 34' Limited
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 737
Images: 21
Send a message via Skype™ to Airstream25
Quote:
Originally Posted by klevan
Here we are almost a week since we began exploring the feasibility of a dynamic new WBCCI unit in the Southwest U.S. Here are the numbers so far:

Arizona 3
Colorado 2
Kansas 1
New Mexico 7

Of these prospective 13 charter members, 8 are currently members of WBCCI. The other 5 were waiting for a unit like this and will be new members of WBCCI.

We need about five additional committed charter members to get this going. I would like to demonstrate to Region 11 that we can generate the requisite 10 members for a new unit over and above current members.
Any update on the numbers?
__________________

__________________
Airstream25
KE5CKG on 2 meters
AIR #10274
Airstream25 is offline  
Old 08-11-2006, 10:39 PM   #58
Rivet Master
 
dscluchfc's Avatar
 
1984 31' Excella
Abernathy , Texas
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 849
I think klevan must be gone camping....this thread has died the past few days...
__________________

__________________
David
TAC # TX-18

AIR # 410
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dsphotoscapes
dscluchfc is offline  
Old 08-11-2006, 11:34 PM   #59
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast
 
flyfshr's Avatar

 
1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: I currently do not own a 2nd Airstream
Posts: 4,319
Images: 40
Klevan has gone to the Rocky Mtn. Vintage Airstream Rally in Creede this weekend and I wish I was going too.

Brad
FF
__________________
4CU 2699 / AIR 10 / TAC AZ-1

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline  
Old 08-14-2006, 10:15 AM   #60
Rivet Master
 
Alumaholic's Avatar

 
1966 24' Tradewind
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,751
Images: 33
Status Report

As Flyfshr correctly stated, I have been at this year's Rocky Mountain Vintage Airstream Club Rally in Creede, CO. It was great! While there I discussed our new unit with a number of folks and garnered the support of the President of the Den-CO Unit.

The Region 11 First Vice President has asked to meet with Airstream25, Ken J and myself to discuss and clarify our proposed unit objectives. He lives in Portales, NM. We hope to meet with him at some halfway point as soon as the three of us can synchronise our schedules. Here are the numbers for Prospective Charter Members at this time:

AZ 3
CO 3
KS 1
NM 7

Total 14

We gained one from Colorado and two from NM since last count, but we lost two from NM so that number stays the same.

I'm off to the Manzano Mountains and will be offline until Thursday or Friday.
__________________
Ken L
1966 Tradewind 24
2007Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax/Allison
Four Corners Unit WBCCI #8654
Alumaholic is offline  
Old 08-14-2006, 10:19 AM   #61
Rivet Master
 
dscluchfc's Avatar
 
1984 31' Excella
Abernathy , Texas
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 849
Quote:
Originally Posted by klevan

The Region 11 First Vice President has asked to meet with Airstream25, Ken J and myself to discuss and clarify our proposed unit objectives. He lives in Portales, NM. We hope to meet with him at some halfway point as soon as the three of us can synchronise our schedules. .
My mother-in-law lives in Portales.....
__________________
David
TAC # TX-18

AIR # 410
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dsphotoscapes
dscluchfc is offline  
Old 08-14-2006, 11:28 AM   #62
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast
 
flyfshr's Avatar

 
1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: I currently do not own a 2nd Airstream
Posts: 4,319
Images: 40
My former neighbor, a dear friend, also lives in Portales. Guess that must be a third of the population.

Brad
FF
__________________
4CU 2699 / AIR 10 / TAC AZ-1

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline  
Old 08-14-2006, 12:35 PM   #63
Rivet Master
 
wkerfoot's Avatar
 
1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfshr
My former neighbor, a dear friend, also lives in Portales. Guess that must be a third of the population.

Brad
FF
Brad,

As I recall, Portales has 12,000 nice people and a few old grouches, at least according to the sign on the north side of town. Made many trips to Portales, our oldest daughter went to Eastern New Mexico University from 1993 to 1997.

Bill
__________________
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline  
Old 08-14-2006, 12:45 PM   #64
Rivet Master
 
Airstream25's Avatar
 
1995 25' Excella
1961 26' Overlander
1982 34' Limited
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 737
Images: 21
Send a message via Skype™ to Airstream25
new WBCCI unit in the Southwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkerfoot
Brad,
As I recall, Portales has 12,000 nice people and a few old grouches, at least according to the sign on the north side of town. Bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by klevan
exploring the feasibility of a dynamic new WBCCI unit in the Southwest U.S. Here are the numbers so far:
Arizona 3
Colorado 2
Kansas 1
New Mexico 7
Of these prospective 13 charter members, 8 are currently members of WBCCI. The other 5 were waiting for a unit like this and will be new members of WBCCI.
We need about five additional committed charter members to get this going. I would like to demonstrate to Region 11 that we can generate the requisite 10 members for a new unit over and above current members.
Speaking of a "few old grouches", can we get this tread back on track?
__________________
Airstream25
KE5CKG on 2 meters
AIR #10274
Airstream25 is offline  
Old 08-14-2006, 08:47 PM   #65
Moderator
Commercial Member
 
eubank's Avatar
 
1967 30' Sovereign
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 6,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airstream25
Speaking of a "few old grouches", can we get this tread back on track?
Yep.

When and where is he meeting?


Lynn
__________________
WBCCI 21043
eubank is offline  
Old 08-14-2006, 09:33 PM   #66
Rivet Master
 
Airstream25's Avatar
 
1995 25' Excella
1961 26' Overlander
1982 34' Limited
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 737
Images: 21
Send a message via Skype™ to Airstream25
Prospective New Southwest Unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by eubank
Yep.
When and where is he meeting?


Lynn
Meeting was proposed for a half way point like Santa Rosa. However, I suggested just having a conference call. Faster, easier, cheaper.

Since the prospective members are from AZ, NM, CO & Kansas, looks like if the unit does get formed, we would likely have our meetings via conference calls or possibly on an Airstream Forums private chat room.
__________________
Airstream25
KE5CKG on 2 meters
AIR #10274
Airstream25 is offline  
Old 08-14-2006, 09:49 PM   #67
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast
 
flyfshr's Avatar

 
1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: I currently do not own a 2nd Airstream
Posts: 4,319
Images: 40
There's always Skype. If you haven't used it, Skype works great for multiple callers. The guys use it for the VAP just so you get an idea of the quality of sound.

Brad
FF
__________________
4CU 2699 / AIR 10 / TAC AZ-1

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline  
Old 08-14-2006, 10:03 PM   #68
4 Rivet Member
 
AZstreamin's Avatar
 
2005 30' Safari
Chandler , Arizona
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 497
Images: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfshr
There's always Skype. If you haven't used it, Skype works great for multiple callers. The guys use it for the VAP just so you get an idea of the quality of sound.

Brad
FF
Brad and company.. I have not used Skype but continue to hear good things about this eBay product. There are also several net conferencing options it will depend on the level of meeting participation for greatest cost effectiveness. Maybe this chapter can help bring the WBCCI into the 21st century.....imagine...virtualstreamin.....
__________________
AZstreamin
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."- Mark Twain








AZstreamin is offline  
Old 08-16-2006, 10:26 AM   #69
Rivet Master
 
Airstream25's Avatar
 
1995 25' Excella
1961 26' Overlander
1982 34' Limited
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 737
Images: 21
Send a message via Skype™ to Airstream25
Skype for group conference calls

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZstreamin
Brad and company.. I have not used Skype but continue to hear good things about this eBay product. There are also several net conferencing options it will depend on the level of meeting participation for greatest cost effectiveness. Maybe this chapter can help bring the WBCCI into the 21st century.....imagine...virtualstreamin.....
I use Skype to talk to my son in Brazil.

Skype is good and free. However, it requires downloading and installing the application and for best audio echo elimination, a headset is suggested.

I have a feeling that many people will not do this.

Skype had unlimited conferencing however, Wintel platforms has hobbled it to a max. of 4 participants + host.
__________________
Airstream25
KE5CKG on 2 meters
AIR #10274
Airstream25 is offline  
Old 08-16-2006, 11:11 AM   #70
Rivet Master
 
wkerfoot's Avatar
 
1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airstream25
I use Skype to talk to my son in Brazil.

Skype is good and free. However, it requires downloading and installing the application and for best audio echo elimination, a headset is suggested.

I have a feeling that many people will not do this.

Skype had unlimited conferencing however, Wintel platforms has hobbled it to a max. of 4 participants + host.
Not to continue off topic , but the current version of Skype only works on XP. If you have an older version of windows, such as ME you cannot obtain the install program on their web site. But I have it, if anyone does not have XP and wants to install Skype. Just PM me.

Bill
__________________

__________________
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline  
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Travelling in Mexico maryel On The Road... 11 05-22-2007 08:09 PM
Unit Rally jcanavera WBCCI Rallies & Events 0 08-18-2002 10:15 PM
Armstrong AC unit pics FrankR Furnaces, Heaters, Fireplaces & Air Conditioning 8 08-05-2002 04:26 PM
Removing the Armstrong AC unit FrankR Furnaces, Heaters, Fireplaces & Air Conditioning 11 08-02-2002 12:10 PM
Need info on A/C unit on a 1975 26 ft Argosy ... Hayseed Argosy Motorhomes 0 06-27-2002 09:19 AM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.