Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 05:21 PM   #29
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Thanks Wornmatt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wornmatt
I would be willing to join as a full member, but enjoy the "easterners" too much to ever leave WDCU. If I could join through both units, I would. (Two votes? Two Save Wallys? Why do I think that would go over like flatulence in the choir loft?)

We already have the blue beret, the blue baseball cap and the blue bandana. How about the blue Stetson?

Matt
Well, you could help us get this unit off the ground as a "Regular Member" and become an "Affiliate Member" of WDCU. Actually, I have promised not to recruit from existing units, but we would love to include you if you want a geographically closer "cyber home," although Sedan, NM is darn near on the East Coast.

Four Corners Unit WBCCI #8654
Old 07-28-2006, 05:40 PM   #30
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Arrrgh! We Aren't Pirates, Lynn!....

Quote:
Originally Posted by eubank
Ok, I don't think it's a good idea to "kidnap" folks into a new unit from several existing units when using the geographic definition.
Perhaps, then, it's perfectly fine to start a new, non-encroaching, geographically defined NM unit. Just state in its goals what the unit is up to, what it's purpose/goal is. I mean, if you've got a NM unit that digs on camping in Alaska, that's perfectly legit!

Lynn
Please rest assured we intend to kidnap nobody. We will, however, rescue the disgruntled, disenchanted members who would not otherwise remain in WBCCI. At the same time, we will try to capture the imagination of those who want to go camping, hiking, fishing, biking and anything else they like except holding meetings and conducting flag ceremonies.
I have promised not to actively recruit anyone from an existing unit. But I could make an exception for anyone who owns an RV park in Northeastern NM...

Old 07-28-2006, 06:10 PM   #31
Commercial Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by klevan
Please rest assured we intend to kidnap nobody. We will, however, rescue the disgruntled, disenchanted members who would not otherwise remain in WBCCI. At the same time, we will try to capture the imagination of those who want to go camping, hiking, fishing, biking and anything else they like except holding meetings and conducting flag ceremonies.
I have promised not to actively recruit anyone from an existing unit. But I could make an exception for anyone who owns an RV park in Northeastern NM...
Oh, I understand that! And I understand why, given the nature of the current NM unit.

You know, maybe it would be good advice just to start camping with some of the prospective Nuevo WBCCI New Mexico members and go from there. That'll give the whole idea a good shakedown and give folks a chance to pursue what comes next. (Seems like I read in the bylaws that the region head honcho has to approve the whole thing. Or?)

Lynn

PS: Had to edit. My knowledge of Spanish is minimal, and my Spanish spelling is even worse.

Lynn
Old 07-29-2006, 09:52 AM   #32
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Charter Member Status Report

Here we are just three days and a few hours after we began exploring the feasibility of a dynamic new WBCCI unit in the Southwest U.S. Here are the numbers so far:

Arizona 3
Colorado 2
New Mexico 6

Of these prospective 11 charter members, 6 are currently members of WBCCI. The other 5 were waiting for a unit like this and will be new members of WBCCI.

We need about five additional committed charter members to get this going. I would like to demonstrate to Region 11 that we can generate the requisite 10 members for a new unit over and above current members.
Old 07-29-2006, 12:28 PM   #33
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Quote:
Here we are just three days and a few hours after we began exploring the feasibility of a dynamic new WBCCI unit in the Southwest U.S. Here are the numbers so far:

Arizona 3
Colorado 2
New Mexico 6

Of these prospective 11 charter members, 6 are currently members of WBCCI. The other 5 were waiting for a unit like this and will be new members of WBCCI.

We need about five additional committed charter members to get this going. I would like to demonstrate to Region 11 that we can generate the requisite 10 members for a new unit over and above current members.

Congrats klevan,looks like you are well on your way and in a very short time.Stay committed and overcome any bumps in the road ahead and you will reach your goal.Best of luck to you.

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
Old 07-29-2006, 03:09 PM   #34
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic
Farmington , New Mexico
"Of these prospective 11 charter members, 6 are currently members of WBCCI."

Ken ---- For anyone who might think you are proselyting from other units they should know that one of the 6 that current WBCCI members had decided to not renew until you started this.---Pieman
Old 07-29-2006, 03:44 PM   #35
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Albuquerque , New Mexico
What Would Wally Do?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lewis
"Of these prospective 11 charter members, 6 are currently members of WBCCI."

Ken ---- For anyone who might think you are proselyting from other units they should know that one of the 6 that current WBCCI members had decided to not renew until you started this.---Pieman
That's correct, Mike. All six have decided to move on the other units, become members at large, or drop their membership completely. I had coffee with a member this morning who has quit attending unit functions because he and his wife were treated rudely, but he continues to pay annual dues because he really likes his Airstream and most fellow Airstreamers. He and his wife are avid bicyclists and have little use for business meetings and regional rallies where everyone gets crammed together in confined space.

I was reminded to today by another member of the article on page 67 of the Winter 2006 Airstream Life. Here's a quote:

"He (Wally) liked State and National Parks because they generally met his privacy and quietness requirements… But too many trailer parks, he discovered, suffered from a lack of privacy and quiet. And a too great concentration of humanity in a small area…”

Don't you think Wally would be happy to know that some of us want to get back to camping and seeing new and interesting places away from the great concentration of humanity?
Old 07-29-2006, 06:31 PM   #36
_

. , .
Quote:
Don't you think Wally would be happy to know that some of us want to get back to camping and seeing new and interesting places away from the great concentration of humanity?
he would indeed!
hey klevan,
i haven't read
in this thread
till just now
can a jayhawker
who spends time each year
in those states noted...
be a member?

not sure i'm charter material
but coming from mal,
i could pay my dues via youse unit
and would love to come camping with you all

looks like you've shortened and cleaned up those unit objectives some...
reads much better now...simple is dangerous. others might want to try it!

four corners is good...

how about the 4 points on a compass...
or 4 winds unit..
or 'for camping' unit...

or north of the border unit,
or intracoastal unit...
or 'back 2 camping unit

or 'azutnewmexicolo unit'
or 'utaznumexicolo' unit...
nah, that reads like an endoscopy procedure...

good luck and hope to join in somehow,
or be supportive.

2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
Old 07-29-2006, 07:31 PM   #37
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Albuquerque , New Mexico
We Would be Most Honored...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2airishuman

good luck and hope to join in somehow,
or be supportive.

2air'
To add the MAL from the great state of Kansas to the list!

If you haven't renewed for 2007, hold your fire until we get a reading from the 1st VP of Region 11 who is spending his weekend reviewing this thread and the CBL we drafted.

If we receive a "Provisional Charter" from Region 11, I will make a call for dues from all prospective charters members. If our offer to charter a new, more dynamic unit is declined, we will each renew our respective memberships as MALs, or join the Den-CO Unit, or the WDC Unit for 2007. Some prospective members will drop their WBCCI membership. But we'll have some all inclusive "Forums Rallies" just to see how much interest we really have.

I think I have all your contact information, which I will PM for your verification.

Thanks soooo much for your support!
Old 07-29-2006, 11:28 PM   #38
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Safari
Chandler , Arizona
Time for a Rally??

This new chapter is a go......if NM doesn't want to grant our wish we'll try another state chapter for a blessing from the late great Wally. A charter without boundaries.....hmm…..See more....Do more.....Live more....hmm… sound familiar? The way I see it is conviction wins the race...
So with that said, enough with the politics... In the mean time…Lets go camping... speaking of camping. When do you charter members and associates and other fun loving Airsteam owners want to rendezvous? Azflycaster has been talking about an Arizona Rally sometime in Jan which we're in for, if it is in the early part of the month.. Looking at the calendar for the balance of this year…. I'm just now realizing almost every weekend is booked with several of those in tow! October however, still offers our family some flexibility. How about a get away Airstreamers weekend in the White Mountains of AZ...The weekend of October 14th or 21st in the White Mountains of Arizona…. a beautiful destination for fall foliage, fishing and fun! It is a good halfway point for several Four Corners Airsteamers. Please share your input, we’ll pick a destination and put it on the calendar.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."- Mark Twain

Old 07-30-2006, 12:04 PM   #39
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Options..

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZstreamin
So with that said, enough with the politics... In the mean time…Lets go camping... speaking of camping. When do you charter members and associates and other fun loving Airsteam owners want to rendezvous? Azflycaster has been talking about an Arizona Rally sometime in Jan which we're in for, if it is in the early part of the month.. Looking at the calendar for the balance of this year…. I'm just now realizing almost every weekend is booked with several of those in tow! October however, still offers our family some flexibility. How about a get away Airstreamers weekend in the White Mountains of AZ...The weekend of October 14th or 21st in the White Mountains of Arizona…. a beautiful destination for fall foliage, fishing and fun! It is a good halfway point for several Four Corners Airsteamers. Please share your input, we’ll pick a destination and put it on the calendar.
Thanks AZ we have the Den-CO Autumn Leaves Rally 6-9 October, and the the Balloon Fiesta through 15 October. September is open for us. Is it already booked up for you?

We were thinking Luna Lake, Arizona State Park might be a nice place to rally in September, with another rally at Deadhorse, Arizona State Park in April 2007.

I thinkk we are already having our first experience trying to reconcile calendars!
Old 07-30-2006, 12:34 PM   #40
_

. , .
[quote=klevan]we have the Den-CO Autumn Leaves Rally 6-9 October, quote]

hi kleven

i noticed the oct caravan from colo 2 new mexico...followed by this rally,
but other than dates and contact people, i cannot find any other info on either. check the wb website the den vac site, az and nm sites..

i 'm planning a western loop running along this way bofore heading north along the coast. starting late sept/early oct.

any other info on the caravan or rally?

thanks
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
Old 07-30-2006, 12:38 PM   #41
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Safari
Chandler , Arizona
Quote:
Thanks AZ we have the Den-CO Autumn Leaves Rally 6-9 October, and the the Balloon Fiesta through 15 October. September is open for us. Is it already booked up for you?

We were thinking Luna Lake, Arizona State Park might be a nice place to rally in September, with another rally at Deadhorse, Arizona State Park in April 2007.

I thinkk we are already having our first experience trying to reconcile calendars!

Ken..You are correct! There is an outside chance weekend of Sept 16th could be a possibility I'll know after we get back from Chicago next week. We are Airstream bound to San Diego Labor Day weekend and Monument Valley last weekend of Sept. I have not been to Luna Lake but it looks great Alpine is an area we would love to explore. We really love the White Mountain Lakes..Hawley Lake is our new favorite destination. October is the month that has the most open weekends right now. November is booked we're going to Sanibel Island Florida. April '07 should work for us. March weekends are dedicated to Spring Training. So there you go that's our schedule..
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."- Mark Twain

Old 07-30-2006, 12:48 PM   #42
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Here You Go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2airishuman
hi kleven

i noticed the oct caravan from colo 2 new mexico...followed by this rally,
but other than dates and contact people, i cannot find any other info on either. check the wb website the den vac site, az and nm sites..

i 'm planning a western loop running along this way bofore heading north along the coast. starting late sept/early oct.

any other info on the caravan or rally?

thanks
2air'
Here's the Den-CO Unit website: http://www.wbcci-denco.org/

As I understand it the Aspen Leaf Caravan begins 1 Oct in Clifton, CO and terminates at the Autumn Leaves Rally location in Angel Fire, NM. Everyone who signs up for the caravan includes the rally, but you can attend the rally (6-9 Oct) without joining the caravan. Perhaps InsideOut will confirm this for us an tell us how to sign up for either or both.

Closed Thread