Old 09-09-2008, 09:18 PM   #43
4 Rivet Member

1956 22' Safari
Ossining , New York
Wally Byam Caravan Stickers

Just received an email today from Steve at VTS and he will be getting more in at some point. They are stickers and they were originally in red and blue on the trailers back in the day.

Old 09-09-2008, 10:07 PM   #44
Rivet Master

Dewey , Arizona
The Real McCoy

It was nice seeing the letter written by my Mother. I hope that everyone takes time to read it.

She didn't use from letters. She believed in the personal touch. A remarkable lady and the Club is a tribute to her love and care in doing what was right.

Here is a picture I took of the original aluminum plaque. I am not aware, nor have I ever seen a "blue plaque". I wonder if someone did it for personal reasons? Or, did they touch up the plaque with blue paint?

I wonder?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0-blog hp Wally Byam's Caravan 05 A (111) a.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	67161  

Old 09-09-2008, 10:11 PM   #45
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
My coach too had a ghost of this image when I picked it up. The process of shining it up left no trace however, so now I need to get two of these from VTS when they become available. I'll keep watching their website.

PeeWee: I read every historical document I can.

Brad
FF

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 07:50 AM   #46
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
1968 30' Sovereign
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Mosheim , Tennessee
Send a message via Yahoo to Silverhobby
My 1964 Bambi II that I recently sold had the ghost image of the Caravan sticker on it. However, I was never able to detect an image for membership numbers.
visit my restoration blog at:
Silverhobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:01 PM   #47
2 Rivet Member

1966 24' Tradewind
oberlin , Kansas
My 1966 Tradewind has faint image of the numbers "14668" on front and back and also the WBCCI round emblem. I purchased my trailer on E-Bay 2 years ago from a man in Cadillac MI. He had purchased the trailer from an elderly man somewhere north of Cadillac, but did not have any history on previous owner(s). Is there some way I can find anything out about original owners. Also, do you need be a member of WBCCI do get the round decal. I am going to replace the red numbers with red vinyl numbers and would like to have the round decal also. thank you
Old 05-27-2009, 08:49 PM   #48
2 Rivet Member

1958 22' Flying Cloud
Boise , Idaho
I am having two Wally Byam's CARAVAN stickers (Blue with white) printed for my 1958 Flying Cloud as it has a ghost image of same. The set up was the most expensive part so I asked them to print 10 extra. PM me if anyone is interested in purchasing a couple. I am not in the business and will divide the cost per sticker and charge based on that plus shipping. I looked on VTS and other sites but could not find any.
Dick Deam (DeamArt #4346)
WBCCI # 4346
DeamArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:57 AM   #49
Vintage Trailer Supply
Commercial Member

1956 22' Caravanner
Vintage Kin Owner
Montpelier , Vermont
Lightbulb Wally Byam's Caravan Decal & Etched Plate

Hi Dick,

If you haven't already made the investment in that sticker, you might want to hold off until Rob Baker or VTS gets them done. I know Rob has already reproduced the decals. We are half-way finished reproducing the original etched plate.

I'm not sure what Rob's plans are exactly, but I know he has decals in hand. He purchased an original plate and used that as his model. I don't know if he is doing red only or a blue decal too. I also don't know if he is doing the old Mylar-style decal or something else. Rob will have to chime in on his plans.

Our plans are to start by making the etched plate. We are working from the same original plate (lent to us by Rob) and having our artist redraw the art precisely. Then we are having the plates made using a true etching process and signmaker's enamel. We'll be having the etched plates made in red only at this time, using as close to original color as we can determine by matching the red paint remnants found under the rivet heads. This is a process we've followed multiple times through the years and have good results.

Since we know that decals originally came in blue and red, we are interested in carrying decals too. But this is not an immediate project since Rob was kind enough to share his original plate with us and he may have plans to do something with his decals.

We expect the plate finished in a couple month.

By the way, I love Judy's art!

Steve
WBCCI #1573
VintageRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 04:39 PM   #50
2 Rivet Member

1958 22' Flying Cloud
Boise , Idaho
Steve,
I have already got this rolling with the Printer my wife uses for her cards and prints. I was impatient and it is not going to cost a fortune. I think the 12 are costing me about $120-140. It was worth it to me and I will pass on the stickers to members for 1/12 of my cost. I will keep an eye out for your etched plates however as they sound really nice.
WBCCI # 4346
Old 05-29-2009, 01:28 PM   #51
2 Rivet Member

1966 24' Tradewind
oberlin , Kansas
Wbcci decals

Please let me know how much you would want for two of the blue and white decals. Thank you.rn_kelly@hotmail.com
Old 05-29-2009, 04:05 PM   #52
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearl66 View Post
My 1966 Tradewind has faint image of the numbers "14668" on front and back and also the WBCCI round emblem. I purchased my trailer on E-Bay 2 years ago from a man in Cadillac MI. He had purchased the trailer from an elderly man somewhere north of Cadillac, but did not have any history on previous owner(s). Is there some way I can find anything out about original owners. Also, do you need be a member of WBCCI do get the round decal. I am going to replace the red numbers with red vinyl numbers and would like to have the round decal also. thank you
I have PM'd you the info I found on 14668.

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
streamer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 06:31 PM   #53
2 Rivet Member

1958 22' Flying Cloud
Boise , Idaho
Wally Stickers:
I went to pick up th stickers today and they looked great, BUT they had trimmed the small white border off by mistake. Opps! I did not accept them but will pick up the new ones early next week.
Thanks to those who inquired by Private Messages. I am saving two each for you. They are going to be $12 each plus shipping which will not be much. That is my break-even price and I am paying the same for my two in the equation. I will email you Mon or Tuesday when I get them in hand ready to mail. I have 4 left not spoken for.
Dick
WBCCI # 4346
Old 05-29-2009, 10:18 PM   #54
4 Rivet Member

1963 24' Tradewind
Anderson / Sun City , Indiana / Arizona
I am confused. You mention that the "white" border was accidentally trimmed off.

The ones that I remember from the late 50'S and early 60'S were either an aluminum plate with a painted red background (aluminum lettering and border), or mylar type decals (again with chrome letters and border). I have never seen one with a blue background.

Having said that, if reproduced to original specs, I am interested in purchasing two.

Mike Brumback
#1200 (my family's WBCC number since 1956)
Old 05-30-2009, 07:23 PM   #55
2 Rivet Member

1958 22' Flying Cloud
Boise , Idaho
Mike,
I did my best to make them to original specs as that was my point to make it authentic. As you can read in the posts before there were stickers (maybe they were water decals) and some aluminum plates. I used the Ghost image on my 1958 Flying Cloud which was a blue rectangle 3.75" x 8.5" and a 3/16th" border with small radiused outside corners. We duplicated the White cursive "Wally Byam's" font and Capitalized "CARAVAN" font.
That being said, I have 2 more not spoken for and I will save them for you for approval. I was happy with the product but not the cropping off of the border. I am picking up the new stickers Tuesday.
The set up and 12 stickers is costing me $145 so I divided the price and we all pay 12 bucks each. Had there been a place to order a pair for $24 I would have done so and saved myself the trouble. I think since I had such quick responce for the first bunch I may order some more with both red and blue background colors and offer them up on ebay for the same price.

I will scan the final product and post or email the results to you and the four others who have asked. They is no profit motive here so you be the judge and let me know.
Dick
WBCCI # 4346
Old 05-30-2009, 09:19 PM   #56
Rivet Master

Dewey , Arizona
The Real Deal

Not blue, not purple but red. This is a scan of my file copy. Notice it is red on an aluminium base. This one has stick on back, I may also have one that has rivet holes.

But the red is the real deal.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	05 A (111) 2000.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	189.9 KB
ID:	81197