Old 08-26-2004, 10:09 AM   #29
Still Working

1994 36' Classic 36
North Charleston , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtbw
I find it interesting that there are more members here at airstreamforums than in the WBCCI. Without digging further, that says a lot.

david
I believe your numbers are off.

May I ask your resource of info?
Smily

Old 08-26-2004, 10:17 AM   #30
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1968 17' Caravel
2005 30' Safari
Somewhere , roaming America
I believe Smily is right. WBCCI has over 8000 members, while the Forums have about 5000 registered -- or so I've heard. I don't know if anyone has calculated the percentage of overlap.

Still, dtbw made some interesting suggestions.

rluhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 10:20 AM   #31
4 Rivet Member

1999 34' Limited
2002 19' Bambi
Allen , Texas
numbers

Ken,
The last figures I saw had the WBCCI at about 4400 members while the forum is over 5000. If you have other info, please share as I really don't want to spread incorrect info.

david
Air Forums # 2159
Past President Heart of Texas Camping Unit
WBCCI # 7548
dtbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 10:24 AM   #32
4 Rivet Member

1999 34' Limited
2002 19' Bambi
Allen , Texas
My Mistake

Ken, Everyone
I apologize. I just did the math based on the info in the current Blue Beret Survey results and the membership at the WBCCI looks to be just under 8000. Now I am baffled at where I read the 4400 number. Got to do some looking.

Again, I apologize

david
Air Forums # 2159
WBCCI # 7548
Old 08-26-2004, 10:25 AM   #33
Past Prez.NEU/Membership

2005 34' Classic
2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
N Smithfield , Rhode Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertwinkie
When I bought the trailer last month, it now seems that I got a free year membership to the WBCC. I got those red numbers and all. Not sure I'm gonna stick them on, but in looking at the info, I wasn't sure this was something I really needed to belong to. Anyone share their exp with WBCC (both positive and neg).

Thanks,

Eric

Hi Eric,

We joined WBCCI Club about 6 weeks ago and went to our first region 1 rally. We are in the 40's something age group, and meet quite a few members in that age group as well. Except for people sporting white hair, we never felt a generation gap. Everyone was extremally nice. Never met a bunch of nicer people! As a WBCCI newbie, I can't say enough good things about the organization. Just seeing that many AS's in a row was a thrill in itself.

Another thing to mention is that AS'ers are an interesting bunch of educated or worldly people. They all enjoy their lives. They say that (AS'ers) lifestyles give us all an extra 10 years of longevity. Good reason to join the club!!!

Enough said, join the club and experience the fun!

Gail
2004 Yukon Denali
, 2016 GMC 2500 Denali-Duramax Diesel
WBCCI #2905-NEU

AirHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 10:30 AM   #34

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertwinkie
That sounds encouraging. Hope it makes a difference.

I'd love to know how you get all the juicy stuff Jack....if you could tell me what color shirt I have on right now, I'd be even more impresseed, nervous. You know where all the bodies are burried my friend.
Ah the power of the Internet my friend. It makes this a small small world.

Jack
AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 10:46 AM   #35
2 Rivet Member

Luke---Another outsider looking in here. Don't mean to be negative but frankly don't see the attraction either. After working all my life and someone, having a piece of me for 8-10 hrs. a day the last thing I want at retirement is to be part of something that requires me to meet another schedule. While admitting I've never attended anything first hand I haven't read of anything I couldn't do on my own. While I do enjoy meeting other AS owners along the way I don't feel compelled to spend long periods of time with them. This is not to say I would never take part in an event of some kind but if I do someone is going to have to show me something more than what I see now. Have ridden to motorcycle ralleys all my life and at first had lots of fun but even they became
MORE OF THE SAME every time. I may be wrong but it sounds like AS ralleys are much the same in that respect.-----Pieman
Old 08-26-2004, 11:09 AM   #36
Still Working

1994 36' Classic 36
Quote:
Ken, Everyone
I apologize. I just did the math based on the info in the current Blue Beret Survey results and the membership at the WBCCI looks to be just under 8000. Now I am baffled at where I read the 4400 number. Got to do some looking.

Again, I apologize

david
Its all good! I will add that the number of WBCCI members are predominantley active, hell, active up to the age of 90 plus. There is a small number of inactive members but it is probably relative to physical constraints. I dont believe that is the case with this forum.

I believe it is safe to say that at leat 60 percent (or more) of the WBCCI membership is active in the WBCCI in some shape or form, Unit rallies , caravans etc. where as I think there was a poll or someone tallied the number of active members here on the forum and I think it was well below fifty percent. Where is that thread? Anyone?

This forum would well exceed the membership of the WBCCI if more of the members of the WBCCI were aware of this site, (I am working on that one, stayed tuned to the Blue Beret in October), and it is safe to say that most of the membership is retired. Therefore, most of them are not internet or PC savvy and many of them dont care to be in touch with the world, They are RETIRED! (lucky Stiffs)

Once again, this very thread corroborates the fact that, love it or hate it, the WBCCI is the most discussed single issue on this forum. So the influence is very strong. Yeah baby.

Smily
Old 08-26-2004, 11:15 AM   #37
Still Working

1994 36' Classic 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by smily
Once again, this very thread corroborates the fact that, love it or hate it, the WBCCI is the most discussed single issue on this forum. So the influence is very strong. Yeah baby.
Smily
Just did simple search of this forum, over five HUNDRED threads containing WBCCI.

Go for it, see for your self.

Smily
Old 08-26-2004, 12:22 PM   #38
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titu & Gail Ahmed

Enough said, join the club and experience the fun!

Gail
Gail,

Have tried it. Not the same exp as you had. That's why I let it expire.

Maybe some day, but it won't be today...or the next...but who knows what the future holds.....well, Jack might but he's not giving up the URL.
Old 08-26-2004, 12:28 PM   #39
uwe

2007 25' Safari FB SE
1958 22' Flying Cloud
1974 29' Ambassador
Yucca Valley , California
Send a message via Skype™ to uwe
Quote:
culture and values). The alternative is along the lines of what happened in northern CA where over 100 WBCCI members pulled out and formed their own club.

[/size]
Interesting, David. Which club is that? Do you have more information on this?
Old 08-26-2004, 12:35 PM   #40
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Tampa Bay , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64 Send a message via Skype™ to thenewkid64
Quote:
I just did the math based on the info in the current Blue Beret Survey results and the membership at the WBCCI looks to be just under 8000. Now I am baffled at where I read the 4400 number. Got to do some looking.
David,

The forum currently has over 5800 members. Not all of them are active, just like Ken mentioned. The 8000 member number for WBCCI is just about right. The forum nor WBCCI are any where near having a high percentage of the current owners of Airstreams involved. Even if you add all the members together (not a good way to get a sample, I know) you still would be looking at less than 20% of all the Airstream owners that the factory says exist.

BTW, next time you see Carter and Carmen tell them Brett and Edie said Hi. We had the pleasure of parking next to them at International 2004.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 12:44 PM   #41
4 Rivet Member

1999 34' Limited
2002 19' Bambi
Allen , Texas
Split off group

Uwe,
I picked up the info at the RM VAC rally earlier this month. I have been trying to run down specifics and so far, not much concrete info. I do know that a couple in Napa got crosswise with the WBCCI over their desire to limit VAC rallys to ONLY vintage units. As a result they started the Annual Silver Trailer Social event which they made open to any all aluminum construction trailer that met a certain age (pre 1970). I got this info from another A/Ser also located in Orange, CA. This may well be one in the same. If you run across any info, please post as many are interested in what is happen.

david
Air Forums # 2159
WBCCI # 7548
Old 08-26-2004, 01:05 PM   #42

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
We went to the Silver Trailer Social. I wouldn't call it a club, it's more like an anti-club. The people there had very bad impression of the WBCCI - which is too bad because we're members, and obviously we're ok people. We had a blast at the Social though, it was a great example of what a rally should be, and actually was very similar to the RM VAC rally. Just a lot of happy vintage trailer folks having a good time.

Personally, I think the VAC rallys should also welcome any brand of old silver trailer that wishes to show up. I know I could never turn one away.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote