Old 09-28-2008, 11:49 PM   #15
Rivet Master
2007 25' Safari FB SE
Suburbia , Sunny So Cal
I love being in the WVCCI but I don't love some of the things being said or happening at the International level.

So my options are to:

2, Rail against them on the internet

3, While having fun and enjoying my unit we can work to make by law and constitutional changes to better the club and make it more responsive to the membership.

I choose number three. It's the only way to save our club.

Roberts rules or order is a double edged sword. It can be wielded by either side.

The current executive board is in fact temporary. By getting active now running for office. Making by law and constitutional changes in five to six years our club could be much different and by that I mean relevant and active and desirous to belong to by the Airstreamers that won't come near us now.

Will the changes I'd like happen overnight? Unfortunately no but with patience and persistance they will happen.

So grow your units. Have lots of fun and get new members who see it as you do and would vote as you would and make the changes that are needed.

Most importantly. Don't do it in anger. Anger distorts. Have fun doing it.

What we need is a Parliamentarian and a word crafter and we're on our way to our first bylaw change. What shall it be?

I'd rather be boon docking in the desert.

AIR# 13896
CA 4
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 06:18 AM   #16
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio

I agree with you in principle, but you're overlooking one important thing:

Originally Posted by Goin camping View Post

Roberts rules or order is a double edged sword. It can be wielded by either side.
Roberts Rules of Order and the WBCCI constitution mean whatever the current International President want them to mean. This has been demonstrated several times in recent years. Parliamentarians and fancy footwork will accomplish nothing. If you disagree with their interpretation, to whom do you appeal?

Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 06:30 AM   #17
Always Airstreaming!
2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Send a message via AIM to rickandsandi
Sorry to hear that you are not renewing your membership. You can do more from the inside than from the outside. Not staying a member just gave the IBT one more vote in their favor. Please reconsider your decision, we need your vote and input to get this great club back on track. With everything that is currently happening shouldn't we all stick together, be positive about change, have fun in our local units and a part of the future? Don't give up the ship!
J. Rick Cipot
Sandi Gould
NEU New England Unit
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
rickandsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 06:42 AM   #18
1957 16' Bubble
1958 18' "Footer"
1976 Argosy 22 Rear Door
Sedan , New Mexico
"First, "The IBT" is actually getting a bum rap here. The IBT is the International Board of Trustees, consisting of the International Officers (who together constitute the International Executive Committee) and all of the Region presidents.

The suspension of then Region 1 President Bob Thompson (and probable expulsion of Metro NY Unit President Leo Garvey in the near future) are strictly the work of the International Executive Committee. The Ethics and Grievance Committee makes its recommendation to the Executive Committee which is then free to do whatever it wants in the matter."

Good points, and I certainly know that the whole IBT is not in agreement with the IEC. After all, Bob (whom I have never met, incidentally) is a member. I only hold the IBT culpable to the extent that they apparently have not taken steps to curb the IEC any number of times, gaining the perception of a "rubber stamp" body politic.

I, unfortunately, have never attended an IBT meeting. Of course, with my not being an officer, I have no club financial support to get there. What about the IEC, who buys their fuel? I know my $55 would only go half way toward filling my diesel puller, how far does it go toward filling one of their diesel pushers?

I think a good first step toward restoring faith in the international officers would be a complete financial audit, published on their website, of WBCCI international. While the auditors are at work, stop suspending the people who have the interest of the club at heart, whether you agree with them or not.

Now I gotta go fuel up. At least I got the money for half a tank.

MJ Worner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 07:06 AM   #19
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Originally Posted by MJ Worner View Post
While the auditors are at work, stop suspending the people who have the interest of the club at heart, whether you agree with them or not.Matt
Better yet, stop suspending people who have the interest of the club at heart. . . period. The new management theory of tossing out anyone who disagrees with the International Executives is going to kill the club quickly if not reversed.

Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote

bob thompson, ibt