Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-24-2012, 02:23 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2004 34' Classic S/O
Brooksville , Florida
Units in FL

Can I get some recomendations on FL Units? there appear to be many. Buddy of mine is just about to buy an Airstream, he's 47, and I'd like to direct him towards a younger active group. Apparently, the Tampa Bay Unit has folded into the FL Unit? when I click on the Suncoast Unit, I'm redirected towards to the FL unit.......so alot of consolodation must be going on? or it's a glitch on the site,
Thanks
Dan
DFDureiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:30 PM   #2
Rivet Idiot

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
On The Lake , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFDureiko View Post
Can I get some recomendations on FL Units? there appear to be many. Buddy of mine is just about to buy an Airstream, he's 47, and I'd like to direct him towards a younger active group. Apparently, the Tampa Bay Unit has folded into the FL Unit? when I click on the Suncoast Unit, I'm redirected towards to the FL unit.......so alot of consolodation must be going on? or it's a glitch on the site,
Thanks
Dan
Hi Dan,
We are members of the Florida Unit and have met a good many folks both older and younger than 47 who are members. We are active and attend rallys that are WBCCI and forum. Members attend both and we have made some really good friends from both. I'm not sure about units in FL folding, but the Florida unit is strong. We have a really good current president and his replacement for 2013, Ron Allen will be awesome. Another member Vic Smith is running the Florida Rally in Sarasota in Feb 2013 and Frank Carson is leading a unit caravan to the Keys in the Spring. I really hope to get on that one. We are a pretty laid back active group, and do not take ourselves to serious.
PM me and and I'll send you my e-mail and phone and your friend can contact me if he wants. I'll be happy to answer any questions.
Joe
Old 07-25-2012, 06:19 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1998 31' Excella 1000
1979 23' Safari
Mooresville , Indiana
Hi Dan, I can't tell you anything about the FL Units, but Suncoast Unit does have a website at Suncoast Unit #129 but not sure how much it gets updated.

Damon
damonbeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:12 AM   #4
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
The Florida unit and the Fl springs unit both have websites. Jim
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 05:45 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2010 31' Classic
Crestview , Florida
The Suncoast unit

The Suncoast unit is alive and kicking although not very computer savvy we have Rallies in both spring and fall. We also have Christmas luncheons. We have both families that still work and retired travelers. Two units are circling the country this summer(I'm one of them). Presently in Portland, Oregon, heading to Seattle WA for the Salmon and Potlach rally at Lacy's Airstream park.
Send me your e-mail and I'll get more information to you on our unit.
Libo is offline   Reply With Quote