Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-03-2008, 10:55 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
1959 22' Flying Cloud
Bowden , West Virginia
Unit Constitution and By Laws Updates

Unit Constitution and By Laws have to be updated every five years and it is time for my Unit to accomplish this task. I would like to change the way our Unit votes. Currently, we use the traditional WBCCI voting procedures, one vote per rig. I would like to change our voting procedures to where each member listed on the WBCCI membership application or renewal form has a vote.

From reading the forums, I know some Units have been successful in modifying their Constitution and By Laws to this method of voting. I don't want to reinvent the wheel with the WBCCI Chairman, Constitution and By Laws Committee.

If your Unit has been successful in changing your voting procedures to where each member has a vote, please post the wording used in the documents.

Thanks

Ken
grannyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 11:17 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Would this thread help at all?

WBCCI Forum - "Unit Voting Procedures"

There are members discussing how their unit votes and you could contact one of the posters that has changed their procedures.

I wish all would change their constitutions to accept all method of returned votes and have 1M1V.

Also if your unit may require a representative outside your unit to bring your vote forward at the International there has just been a motion made in "Affecting Changes" on the WBCCI forum that addresses that, also with a downloadable document you could use to fashion your changes to your constiution to allow that option(when the motion passes.) http://www.wbcci.org/Forum/viewmessa...m=14&topic=575

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 11:35 AM   #3
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyred View Post
I would like to change our voting procedures to where each member listed on the WBCCI membership application or renewal form has a vote.
Ken
I am not sure that you can do that. A couple is a member, and a member has one vote. If the couple do not agree, they each get 1/2 of a vote.

That is how I understand it...

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 01:38 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyred View Post
Unit Constitution and By Laws have to be updated every five years and it is time for my Unit to accomplish this task. I would like to change the way our Unit votes. Currently, we use the traditional WBCCI voting procedures, one vote per rig. I would like to change our voting procedures to where each member listed on the WBCCI membership application or renewal form has a vote.
I believe to change your Unit Constitution &/or Bylaws you have to bring it to the membership for a vote/approval. It's not as simple as just changing the wording. There usually is a process called out in your Bylaws on how to bring these things before the membership (i.e. notification process, members or just Board making the decision, timing, percentage of membership for something to pass, etc.) All these should already be set forth in your current Bylaws. Double check them to see what's there, every Unit is slightly different. Once you know the process, then you can work on the wording...

Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster View Post
A couple is a member, and a member has one vote. If the couple do not agree, they each get 1/2 of a vote.

That is how I understand it...
Some Units don't count "half-votes" ~ DenCO doesn't. It all depends on what is in your Bylaws.

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 06:06 PM   #5
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
Yep, I think Shari's right here: Some units apparently permit half-votes; others don't.

Frankly, I don't want any more half-votes. I've been halving my vote in local, state and national elections with my green-card-carrying spouse for over 30 years now, and that's enough!

Lynn
Old 09-03-2008, 06:17 PM   #6
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
A unit may not count 1/2 votes, but do they give couples 2 votes and single members 1? I think that is what the poster is asking...

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
unit constitution