Old 09-16-2007, 07:28 PM   #113
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
I hope the person in that picture is really a scouter.

Albuquerque National Balloon Fiesta
Rally
Vintage Trailer Academy - Formerly the original
restoration rally
Ken J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 07:33 PM   #114
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
I just want to say, I will be there. I will be bringing my wife, 9 year old daughter, and 1 year old daughter... we consider ourselves the new blood of this club. We will come, we will enjoy, and we will not get caught up in any kind of pomp and circumstance. This is going to be our main vacation of the year. I will be sacrificing 2 weeks of income to attend. I will spend well in excess of $900 just in fuel to do it. If some want to go camping in their tuxedos, well all the power to you... To those that want to have a new experience and share some good times, please look me up. I'll be in the old aluminum trailer out there in the field, my name is Frank and I look forward to meeting each and everyone of you.

Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 08:25 PM   #115
2 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari
Desert Hot Springs , California
Wow, what a discussion--remember this is why there is a 4 corners unit club today. Many of us enjoy our Airstreams and we would really appreciate a WBCCI not consumed with protocol.

Our lofty guy went to the oval office, big deal, turned mine down…Has he ever had an invitation to The Hong Kong Yacht Club in the British Crown Colony?

Come on we all have had our day, but to suffer the rest of the WBCCI on a point counting ego trip is too much. We really do hope he rescinds this “order”.

Have fun and go camping that is what this Airstream thing is all about.

John
Old 09-16-2007, 09:12 PM   #116
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
The way I look at it

It seems every year there is another divisive issue facing WBCCI.As upsetting as this may be to some I truely believe that these issues will help speed up the changes that are sorely needed in the club.I don't feel the club is going to disappear,quite the opposite actually.A new stronger club will emerge 'down the road'.

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
streamer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 04:59 AM   #117
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Emerick
Just a couple of clarifications on the tux issue. This was a requirement of ONLY IBT members NOT the general WBCCI population. This dress code was for the Installation Dinner and the Ball in the evening. The general population is not invited to the Installation Dinner, which is just for IBT members.

Ed
My question is not about dress code but about who is funding this event? If my dues is funding a dinner I can not attend I would like to know why. If it is on his nickle he can put on a white tutu and dance the night away.
1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Jim Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 05:09 AM   #118
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken J
I hope the person in that picture is really a scouter.
TRUSTWORTHY A Scout tells the truth. He keeps his promises. Honesty is part of his code of conduct. People can depend on him. LOYAL A Scout is true to his family, Scout leaders, friends, school, and nation. HELPFUL A Scout is concerned about other people. He does things willingly for others without pay or reward. FRIENDLY A Scout is a friend to all. He is a brother to other Scouts. He seeks to understand others. He respects those with ideas and customs other than his own. COURTEOUS A Scout is polite to everyone regardless of age or position. He knows good manners make it easier for people to get along together. KIND A Scout understands there is strength in being gentle. He treats others as he wants to be treated. He does not hurt or kill harmless things without reason. OBEDIENT A Scout follows the rules of his family, school, and troop. He obeys the laws of his community and country. If he thinks these rules and laws are unfair, he tries to have them changed in an orderly manner rather than disobey them. CHEERFUL A Scout looks for the bright side of things. He cheerfully does tasks that come his way. He tries to make others happy. THRIFTY A Scout works to pay his way and to help others. He saves for unforeseen needs. He protects and conserves natural resources. He carefully uses time and property. BRAVE A Scout can face danger even if he is afraid. He has the courage to stand for what he thinks is right even if others laugh at or threaten him. CLEAN A Scout keeps his body and mind fit and clean. He goes around with those who believe in living by these same ideals. He helps keep his home and community clean. REVERENT A Scout is reverent toward God. He is faithful in his religious duties. He respects the beliefs of others.How many of the above dose he seem meet.

I give him Reverent just for the pose, and clean looks as if his Uniform is neat with the wrong cover.
1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Jim Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 05:53 AM   #119
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
1963 19' Globetrotter
1970 29' Ambassador
Waukesha , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by streamer23
...I truely believe that these issues will help speed up the changes that are sorely needed in the club.I don't feel the club is going to disappear,quite the opposite actually.A new stronger club will emerge 'down the road'.
Mike,

I agree... we are already seeing signs of many good folks stepping forward to "save" the WBCCI.
http://byamcaravanner.blogspot.com/
byamcaravanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 07:02 PM   #120
4 Rivet Member

2003 39' Land Yacht XL 330 hp w/2slides
White Lake , Michigan
This is exactly why we are letting our membership expire this year. Too many retired military and teachers running the club. They both have a hard time with reality.
bfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 07:09 PM   #121
VAC President

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
Before you do that.... I hope you would reconcider letting membership go. There are so many people speaking out and looking out for a new vision. And we do need help to keep it lively and progressive.
This is a small issue - one that doesn't really involve the general membership. There is rumblings of a non-tux party at Bozeman so perhaps you might be interested in being a part of that! It might renew your faith in what the WBCCI can become. It does for me!
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 07:22 PM   #122
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Yes Buck, I hope you reconcider and rejoin with me to fight the fight. They are not going to make me drop out. Just adds fuel to the old fire for me! If I drop out, they win...Im going to Bozeman with my Tee shirt, cutoffs and barefoot!! Im looking forward to seeing all of you there. Lets have a cold beer and laugh at the others!!!!!!!!
Old 09-17-2007, 07:51 PM   #123
4 Rivet Member

2003 39' Land Yacht XL 330 hp w/2slides
White Lake , Michigan
I would join you Ralph in your fight, but Grace and I have a ball with the FMCA and most are in the club to enjoy camping and fellowship with one another. when I compare what we get for $35.00 a year from FMCA vs. the $70.00 a year we pay WBCCI, there is no comparison. If I could stay with Metro-Detroit without paying my money to the international I would do that, but we know that's not possible. We are also thinking about buying a larger MH in the spring. See you at the mothball rally.
bfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:06 PM   #124
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
13 members and 14 guests viewing this thread... WILD!!!
Old 09-17-2007, 09:15 PM   #125
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
I already let mine go. It is not an organization I am willing to support or fight for. Too much politics, to rigid, not enough fun. It is just not a personal prioirity of mine right now.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:21 PM   #126
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Good Bye Lawrence Welk........HELLO ZZ TOP.....Think I will have another cold one,,anybody care to join me???