Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2007, 06:09 PM   #121
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
Before you do that.... I hope you would reconcider letting membership go. There are so many people speaking out and looking out for a new vision. And we do need help to keep it lively and progressive.
This is a small issue - one that doesn't really involve the general membership. There is rumblings of a non-tux party at Bozeman so perhaps you might be interested in being a part of that! It might renew your faith in what the WBCCI can become. It does for me!
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 06:22 PM   #122
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Yes Buck, I hope you reconcider and rejoin with me to fight the fight. They are not going to make me drop out. Just adds fuel to the old fire for me! If I drop out, they win...Im going to Bozeman with my Tee shirt, cutoffs and barefoot!! Im looking forward to seeing all of you there. Lets have a cold beer and laugh at the others!!!!!!!!
Old 09-17-2007, 06:51 PM   #123
4 Rivet Member

2003 39' Land Yacht XL 330 hp w/2slides
White Lake , Michigan
I would join you Ralph in your fight, but Grace and I have a ball with the FMCA and most are in the club to enjoy camping and fellowship with one another. when I compare what we get for $35.00 a year from FMCA vs. the $70.00 a year we pay WBCCI, there is no comparison. If I could stay with Metro-Detroit without paying my money to the international I would do that, but we know that's not possible. We are also thinking about buying a larger MH in the spring. See you at the mothball rally.
bfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 08:06 PM   #124
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
13 members and 14 guests viewing this thread... WILD!!!
Old 09-17-2007, 08:15 PM   #125
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
I already let mine go. It is not an organization I am willing to support or fight for. Too much politics, to rigid, not enough fun. It is just not a personal prioirity of mine right now.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 08:21 PM   #126
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Good Bye Lawrence Welk........HELLO ZZ TOP.....Think I will have another cold one,,anybody care to join me???
Old 09-17-2007, 08:31 PM   #127
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darol Ingalls
So Janet - does this change the dress code the the BB Bash?? or are only the organizers going to be in "costume"?.... Darol
This is a very interesting question and I'm glad that you asked it. But unfortunately, our dress code manual disappeared at another rally last spring, so I'm unable to look up the appropriate chapter and verse.

We could call pre rally meeting to determine what changes should be made to the rally dress code.... but I'm not sure that we have time to get the word out so we can have an appropriately noticed and fully sanctioned meeting. As this is the case, the dress code of record for the Beach Bash will be in force. We really don't have time to amend and publish the changes.

Darol, to answer your question; no.

Just a reminder/review about the dress code:
  • Clothes are recommended but not required.
  • Clothes left in my campsite will be auctioned off or used as racoon bindings.
  • Clothes left in public roadways are property of the racoons.
  • Flammable clothes may be confiscated to start the evening fire, if deemed necessary by the group.
  • When borrowing others clothes, be sure to gain permission first.
  • Tuxedos, gowns and other 'fancy dress duds" are considered clothes.
  • Any removable item is considered "clothes"
Please exercise some personal judgement and wear venue-appropriate clothes. We are camping after all!

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:04 PM   #128
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
This thread is too funny!! Who writes this stuff?? I didn't believe it when Shadow said this was stuff was going on in WBBCCsomething, incredible. I might join just for the entertainment.
NevadaGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:12 PM   #129
Certifiable

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaGeo
This thread is too funny!! Who writes this stuff?? I didn't believe it when Shadow said this was stuff was going on in WBBCCsomething, incredible. I might join just for the entertainment.
2 very important questions first: (1) Is your white suit leather or linen? (2) Can you sing?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0016.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	45576  
Old 09-17-2007, 09:16 PM   #130
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
For those who don't know - Shadow is Wally54, Kimber - Shadow is her playa name.
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:21 PM   #131
Rivet Master

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
Tujunga , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfred
This is exactly why we are letting our membership expire this year. Too many retired military and teachers running the club. They both have a hard time with reality.
This thread has been a hoot. But how did our poor underpaid, underappreciated teachers get dragged into it?
str8strm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:23 PM   #132
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
By way of mindset
Old 09-17-2007, 09:27 PM   #133
Rivet Master

1971 27' Overlander
Central , Ohio
Quote:
Originally posted by Airboss
Good Bye Lawrence Welk........HELLO ZZ TOP...
Maybe it already is ZZ Top cause you know "every girls crazy bout a sharp dressed man"
Ganglin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:29 PM   #134
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Hey thats right,,Good point !!!!! Now we can got to "She's got LEGS!!!" Cant see them in a long gown!!!!
Old 09-17-2007, 09:47 PM   #135
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
Ponderay , Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandolindave
My camping club ( The Grillbillies ) have an annual Prom Night. He have 80
prom dresses for the ladies ( bearded men are allowed to wear formal gowns ). Men wear the fanciest or gaudiest tuxedos that they can find.
Nothing is mandatory. People who don't dress up, feel left out and dress up the next year or become photographers for the evening. We also have a Pajama Party night , and Pirate Night.
Here is my advice. Email all attendees and club members that there
has been a change. The new official dress code for the evening will be clown outfits. Activities for the evening will be....How Many Clowns We Can
We Fit In A Bambi, and Pie Fight Night.
This sounds like a really fun group, maybe we need a Western Chapter!!!

Leslie
Tincrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:48 PM   #136
Rivet Master

2005 28' Safari S/O
Paradise , California
Duct Tape

Do you think this duct tape tux would make the dress code? It seems to meet all the requirements...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	450px-Duct_tape_tuxedo.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	45580  
Old 09-17-2007, 09:53 PM   #137
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I dunno Do they make custom fit berets?

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:58 PM   #138
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Looks good to me,,,Wheres my beer???
Old 09-17-2007, 10:22 PM   #139

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
I feel that I must remain a member of WBCCI as I want a copy of the upcoming Blue Beret that will feature photos of these club members in tuxedos and evening gowns wering their required blue berets. That ought to get the attention of the membership.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 11:14 PM   #140
TAC-TN3

2005 31' Classic
near nashville , Tennessee
hi all. i got to meet last years pres wife and found her distant. i guess i didn't meet her standards.gggg. i feel as many of you that there is too much 'i am so and so' who are you? does this attitude come from many years of brown-nosing? i got irritated at perry as i had to move my cart andtold to sit in the 'handicapped' section. boy it sure makes one feel wanted. i guess i would not have felt so bad about it but it was not evenly meted out. i guess it depends on who you know.
i have been amember for a year and first time at perry for an intl/. i signed up for mont already as i keep hoping things might change b4 then. there are many handicapped people in the group and we pay dues also.
i think it is funny about the white tux and long dress. i could not wear one as it would drag on the ground as i rolled my wheelchair along the dusty trail. i like the people that i have met, none of them are office holders !!!!!!!
another thing that has bothered me is why is there a teen pagent? the girls i saw taking part in it were a little snotty and not very friendly. wouldn't a different kind of teen program be better for the teen population. how about a clown parade or project at a local hospital or a 3 legged race for cancer or ......... a little less special attention for the select few would maybe help them when they got older and became pres of wbbci.
i normally am not so negative but am so upset by what i see and read about wbcci. i will stick it out because of the nice people i have met. i am now a mal as the group was not what i was looking for. i hope i find a nice average group of average people who wear hawaiian shirts and love to laugh. thanks for letting me blow off steam.
transplant is offline   Reply With Quote