Old 09-15-2007, 08:10 PM   #71
Tom O

1966 17' Caravel
Altadena , California
Gee, I don't see a problem with this. I'll bet there is a quantity discount. Click image for larger version

Name:	tuxedoyouthwhite1.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	573.5 KB
ID:	45406

CA-7
Toldfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 08:13 PM   #72
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Emerick
It is the truth, I saw the email! No joke here. And those that are running away, DON'T! Come join me and the fight, I'm not going anywhere, this is my club and I want it to go on!
Ed
Im with ya Ed...If everyone bales whats left??? Stay,renew and join in the fight to get rid of this kind of &^%$ in the club. Its our club and its worth fighting for. We pay our dues just like he does. Im in for a good fight!! Anybody care to join in???

Old 09-15-2007, 08:14 PM   #73
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toldfield
Gee, I don't see a problem with this. I'll bet there is a quantity discount. Attachment 45406
I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! Order mine now!!!!!!!!
Old 09-15-2007, 09:05 PM   #74

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Just look up 'vintage tuxedo ruffle' on ebay. I prefer Orange or Green. I think this could be the best inaugural EVAH!

For extra points, try to make sure the vintage matches your trailer!

Stefrobrts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 09:10 PM   #75
Rivet Master

2005 28' Safari S/O
Paradise , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefrobrts
Just look up 'vintage tuxedo ruffle' on ebay. I prefer Orange or Green. I think this could be the best inaugural EVAH!

For extra points, try to make sure the vintage matches your trailer!
Is this what you had in mind Steph?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ra7292_ra7294_xl.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	45408  
Old 09-15-2007, 09:34 PM   #76
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I must say that is a fine figure of a president and a first mate.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 09:49 PM   #77
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
I must say that is a fine figure of a president and a first mate.
C.J. you have such a way with words...
Old 09-15-2007, 10:40 PM   #78
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Suburbia , Sunny So Cal
The idea of white Tux's and evening gowns in the middle of a dusty field to coronate some egotistical putz President of a camping club is so absurd and bizzarly warped that all I can do is laugh and shake my head.

Now I realize being elected (selected?) Prez. of the WBCCI is in fact a big deal. With that honor comes responsibility to put the Club before yourself. Your job is the health and vitality of the Club.

This has strengthened my resolve that our Club must survive these clueless Nero's.

So I am taking a page from the "Book of Kevbo." Don't dress to impress. Dress to suck the air out of the room!

I will now attend all WBCCI rallies dressed like Wally. Smiley pocket shirts, baggy pants and boots.

All California Streamers Rallies I'm sure will remain clothing optional.

WBCCI 6731 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 10:42 PM   #79
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Suburbia , Sunny So Cal
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowolf
Is this what you had in mind Steph?
Don't ask. Don't tell.

WBCCI 6731 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 11:14 PM   #80
Certifiable

. , .
I feel so pretty in white.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1_UW__ballerina_15700remails~4.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	192.6 KB
ID:	45418  
Old 09-16-2007, 12:01 AM   #81
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistral blue
I feel so pretty in white.
Don't we all...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	John T.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	45419  
Old 09-16-2007, 12:33 AM   #82
Tom O

1966 17' Caravel
Altadena , California
the T-shirts will only be enhanced by having red wine and gravy spilled down the front. I have never been so energized to attend the big rally.

CA-7
Toldfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 01:15 AM   #83

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
So many wonderful outfits, I don't know how I'd choose

Stefrobrts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 03:49 AM   #84
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
As a WBCCI member of less than a month, I almost do not know what to say... I went to bed last night and had to contemplate how to express myself... It is now 4 am. My sleep has been interrupted by the thoughts RAGING THROUGH MY HEAD!
You people are making a joke of this... do you all realize that. I can say you, because I just joined, I haven't had a vote yet. Those people who didn't vote or are not even members of the WBCCI should keep their mouths shut... you really have nothing to say now, for you have said nothing in the past. This club is falling apart fast. The club is full of discourse and the wheels are coming off the trailer. It's real easy to stand by and throw out a bunch of jokes about wearing stupid looking tuxedos, but that will not change anyones attitude. It will only lead to more discourse.
I would like to paraphrase an interview I heard with Wally... "We function by majority rule... we take a vote... the majority wins and the minority, always follows the vote." If you don't want to support the formality in BoZeman, don't go. If you want to send a message to the guy with the grand plan, go to the rally, do your thing, enjoy the fellowship, see the sites and just boycott the inauguration ceremony. Not attending shows a much higher ground than making a joke of it. Next time use your power of vote to get the right people in office. If something radical doesn't happen soon, there simply will no longer be a club to bitch about. In the long run that might be the best thing that could ever happen. The vintage people can go off and have their club, the Argosy people can have their club, the motor-home folks can have their thing... and we all can be happy again.
I will be going to BoZeman this summer. It is a huge deal to me. I will go and have a great time... I will wear Birkenstocks and shorts almost the whole time. The most formal thing in my attire will be a shirt without paint or glue on it. I will not even have a button down with me... a belt might be too formal for my attire. And you know what? If someone objects, well vote me out. That is exactly what I plan to do to our soon to be new President. Actions speak loader than words and it is time for all of us to get into action. This of course is my opinion and opinions are like #$!@! holes, everyone has one.

Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote