Old 12-21-2007, 02:50 AM   #337
4 Rivet Member

1968 24' Tradewind
Crestview , Florida
I think the future president is not only full of himself but full of some other matter. I'm a member of WBCCI but mainly so I can be a member of the local Pensecola Unit 29 and a member of Mystic Springs Park. The people are down to earth and real. It is a relaxed environment which is why I bought an RV in the first place. I bought an Airstream because I like them. I know I am often told that WBCCI is not a "camping club" and that's fine, but I feel relaxing needs to fit somewhere in that equation. I think the pomp and ceramony centered around the president's induction is over kill. It seems he suffers from military mentallity and thinks he's having a pass and review before pinning on the rank of General. As I stated earlier, rather full of himself and then some.

Old 12-21-2007, 03:14 AM   #338
Tramp Streamer
Commercial Member

1995 28' Excella
Artist , at Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdoane
Better get your name on the list, there's only one tuxedo rental in Bozeman, and she's sure to run out of stock.
The new dress code!

Well at least it's what I'll be wearing
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SurMEDjpg.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	51281   Click image for larger version

Name:	SurMEDdetail.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	51282  

ArtStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 09:05 PM   #339
Rivet Master

1968 30' Sovereign
1959 18' "Footer"
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Brussels , Wisconsin
Shirts

Oh How do I get one!
Ed
Old 12-21-2007, 09:17 PM   #340
Tramp Streamer
Commercial Member

1995 28' Excella
Artist , at Large
Vist

ArtStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 12:09 PM   #341
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1962 19' Globetrotter
1963 19' Globetrotter
1961 19' Globetrotter
Wheat Ridge , Colorado
Question The "WRONG TIE"

I have a vintage trailer and am in my 30's! I believe that people like me are the next generation of the "hart and sole" of the future of air-streaming in not America but the World... I love the history and am very confussed about the future of the club... I collect as many of the old photos as i can, but never have seen a tux on any member! I could understand maybe a black tie event to raise money or may be even a Christman or wedding event full of members... But the wilderness back drop of Bozeman MONTANA is sure not the place for such a statement... The real problem is people like me should be at the evening event...(to get more involved) but examples like this i would rather go cast a "elk hair caddis" a nother type of "tie" on one of the evening hatches for the hopes of a trout to rise... Not hear the rise of people point out other members unability to "tie" on a black one... I would have no problem dressing up... but black tie is over the top... if that is the code for the night... i guess my $450 waders.. $1000 rod and real... and bottle of 1972 red... will have a date with the evening hatch on the "beaver head river" todd@VINTSREAM.com
Old 01-08-2008, 02:30 PM   #342
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Please remember, this is for a non-mandatory event. In fact, the installation ceremony is closed, IIRC, and only the reception that follows is open to the general membership. The reception does not require a tux to attend.
WBCCI# 4821
http://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 03:34 PM   #343
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Evergreen , Colorado
This is the first year that our plans allow us to attend this annual event. If what I am reading here is true, I am sure we will not be going. There are nonachievers in this world that are trying to make their mark in life at other peoples expence. I am a member of the WBCCI because of the Denver unit and alot of other great WBCCI members I have met around the country.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:38 PM   #344
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen H
This is the first year that our plans allow us to attend this annual event. If what I am reading here is true, I am sure we will not be going. There are nonachievers in this world that are trying to make their mark in life at other peoples expence. I am a member of the WBCCI because of the Denver unit and alot of other great WBCCI members I have met around the country.
Allen,

That is too bad. Since you are a member of the Denver Unit, you know that there are a lot of good people in that unit. Many will be in the VAC section. Attend the International, come by the VAC tent for happy hour and visit the open house.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 03:48 PM   #345
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkerfoot
Allen,

That is too bad. Since you are a member of the Denver Unit, you know that there are a lot of good people in that unit. Many will be in the VAC section. Attend the International, come by the VAC tent for happy hour and visit the open house.

Bill
I wont have my vintage unit at Bozeman but Im sure not going to miss HAPPY HOUR!!!!
Old 01-08-2008, 03:52 PM   #346
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
Minnie's Mate wrong!! The installation is open to all members and is part of the evening's entertainment. The fancy clothes are a requirement for only the OFFICERS not the general public. We have gone to many of these events in shorts and will do the same with this one. I may attend the reception after the ceremony and get my free virgin coctail punch and cookies and slow dance to a couple of tunes from our formal band. I have always refused to stand in line for an hour in the receiving line just to shake their hands. I may go over to the sock hop for the kids (which is held time) and may take a few turns at a quicker pace to more modern music.

If you look closely at some of the old photos you will see the club has always had old officers and they wore their "Region Red" blazers or some of them had white coats and WBCCI straight ties. Some years the top officers wore coats that matched the color scheme picked out for the rally. Officers have to pay for their own duds. Many wore their blue berets to cover their balding heads. A few have worn their Texan hats. Personally, I think hats belong outside to protect you from the Sun or the cold.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:46 PM   #347
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
So then what is the general Public suppost to wear? Jeans and a T-shirt?
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 08:19 PM   #348
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by airedale
So then what is the general Public suppost to wear? Jeans and a T-shirt?
I don't think that there is a dress code for the public. But I have heard that you might feel underdressed in shorts and t shirt. Someone who has attended a few should answer this question.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 08:31 PM   #349
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
I have the perfect outfit! Thanks
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:58 AM   #350
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwightdi
Minnie's Mate wrong!! The installation is open to all members and is part of the evening's entertainment. The fancy clothes are a requirement for only the OFFICERS not the general public. We have gone to many of these events in shorts and will do the same with this one...
Thanks for the clarification. I haven't attended one of the Installation Ceremonies yet so I was a little confused. That is why I included the "IIRC" regarding the information that I had read. I knew that the formal attire was not mandatory for anyone other than the officers and that the expense associated with wearing tuxes would be out of their own pockets and not paid for out of the membership dues (or at least that was my understanding).

I understand why they want to make a formal occasion out of this event and I understand that it is a big deal to them. These people have invested many years of voluntary service to this organization to get to the places that they are in now and they want to celebrate their accomplishments and mark the occasion with something special. So I say, "Let them wear tuxes" if that is what they want. I don't necessarily agree that it is appropriate given the context of being in a camping club, but I can see their point from the amount of time they have invested and this being the largest camping club of its kind (or at least it was at one point).

I am just glad that there isn't a controversial issue that is dividing the organization like there was in the past (at least one hasn't surfaced yet this year). I think the organization needs some time to let wounds heal and this year should be the beginning of this process so I say, "Let them wear tuxes" if that is what they want.

WBCCI# 4821
http://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote