Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2008, 09:02 AM   #381
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameront120
People get dressed up to go to Wal-Mart?
Trip to Wal-Mart
You are in the middle of some kind of project around the house, mowing the lawn, putting a new fence in, painting the living room, or whatever. You are hot and sweaty. Covered in dirt or paint. You have your old work clothes on. You know the outfit, shorts with the hole in crotch, old t-shirt with a stain from who knows what, and an old pair of tennis shoes.

Right in the middle of this great home improvement project you realize you need to run to Wal-Mart to get something to help complete the job. Depending on y our age you might do the following.

In your 20's:

Stop what you are doing. Shave, take a shower, blow dry your hair, brush your teeth, floss, and put on clean clothes. Check yourself in the mirror and flex. Add a dab of your favorite cologne because you never know, you just might meet some hot chick while standing in the checkout lane. You went to school with the pretty girl running the register.

In your 30's:

Stop what you are doing, put on clean shorts and shirt. Change shoes. You married the hot chick so no need for much else. Wash your hands and comb your hair. Check yourself in the mirror. Still got it. Add a shot of your favorite cologne to cover the smell. The cute girl running the register is the kid sister to someone you went to school with.

In your 40's:

Stop what you are doing. Put on a sweatshirt that is long enough to cover the hole in the crotch of your shorts. Put on different shoes and a hat. Wash your hands. Your bottle of Brute Cologne is almost empty so you don't want to waste any of it on a trip to Wal-Mart. Check yourself in the mirror and do more sucking in than flexing. The spicy young thing running the register is your daughter's age and you feel weird thinking she is spicy.

In your 50's:
Stop what you are doing. Put on a hat; wipe the dirt off your hands onto your shirt. Change shoes because you don't want to get dirt in your new sports car. Check yourself in the mirror and you swear not to wear that shirt anymore because it makes you look fat. The cutie running the register smiles when she sees you coming and you think you still have it. Then you remember the hat you have on is from your buddy's bait shop and it says, "I Got Worms".

In your 60's:

Stop what you are doing. No need for a hat anymore. Hose the dog crap off your shoes. The mirror was shattered when you were in your 50's. You hope you have underwear on so nothing hangs out the hole in your pants. The girl running the register may be cute but you don't have your glasses on so you are not sure.

In your 70's:

Stop what you are doing. Wait to go to Wal-Mart until they have your prescriptions ready too. Don't' even notice the dog crap on your shoes. The young thing at the register smiles at you because you remind her of her grandfather.

In your 80's
:
Stop what you are doing. Start again. Then stop again. Now you remember that you needed to go to Wal-Mart. Go to Wal-Mart and wander around trying to think what it is you are looking for. Fart out loud and you think someone called out your name. The old lady that greeted you at the front door went to school with you.

In your 90's:

Stop what you are doing.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 11:53 AM   #382
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Too funny Carol!
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 12:05 PM   #383
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 24
Collierville , Tennessee
I must be old before my time.

I never learned from a man who agreed with me.
Heinlein
mrmossyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 12:10 PM   #384
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested

In your 20's:

Stop what you are doing. Shave, take a shower, blow dry your hair, brush your teeth, floss, and put on clean clothes. Check yourself in the mirror and flex. Add a dab of your favorite cologne because you never know, you just might meet some hot chick while standing in the checkout lane. You went to school with the pretty girl running the register.
I dont know about this, but i dont go to that much work to go to walmart!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 12:58 PM   #385
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
Field and Stream , PA & MT
Montana formal wear.

Old 03-07-2008, 01:03 PM   #386
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Alright, look what you did, now we aren't going to be able to get a reservation to Bozeman, it'll be full to capacity. Might even increase membership.

photography
Old 03-07-2008, 08:41 PM   #387
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
North Vancouver , British Columbia
Funny, Carol!
cameront120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 06:17 AM   #388
E Pluribus Aluminus

2008 34' Classic S/O
1967 22' Safari
2005 30' Classic
Land Of Enchantment , New Mexico
Great post, Carol... and Oh, so true...!
The trouble with trouble is it always starts out as fun...
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 06:24 AM   #389
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Flyfisher solved the problem of stodgy dress code, interest, and promotion with his "Keep America Beautiful" campaign! I was just making an observation. Put a beer in the picture and win the March photo contest and maybe the next BB cover, just make sure there's an Aistream earring and mini unit badge dangling from that lanyard...
Thanks for the giggles Flyfisher.

photography
Old 04-16-2008, 08:46 AM   #390
Rivet Master

2008 28' Safari SE
Placitas , New Mexico
Too funny Carol!

I guess I'm stuck somewhere in my 30s or 40s. I'll at least take off my sweat pants and put on a pair of jeans. If I'm really getting all decked out they will be clean jeans!
Jimandrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:00 AM   #391
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
Trip to Wal-Mart
You are in the middle of some kind of project around the house, mowing the lawn, putting a new fence in, painting the living room, or whatever. You are hot and sweaty. Covered in dirt or paint. You have your old work clothes on. You know the outfit, shorts with the hole in crotch, old t-shirt with a stain from who knows what, and an old pair of tennis shoes.
Actually, I think that Carol has been passing through my neighborhood on some Saturday and drove by my house and saw me in my "work clothes"! She described my old gym shorts to a 'T'. One day I was squatting down pulling weeds in the front yard when I felt a draft and looked between my legs and decided it was time to go in the house and change from boxers to briefs before I shocked the whole neighborhood!
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote