Old 11-04-2007, 12:10 AM   #295
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebird
TILL:

I'm with you on many things - I'm not for the formal wear, Lawrence Welk music, formality, etc. and most of the things the IBT have been doing.

However, I have come to the conclusion that it is only the local level that matters (other than the dues supporting the IBT). I will probably only attend one International rally (my first) over the next five years.

The Northern Illinois Unit is looking to change. The President, 1st Vice President and 2nd Vice President for 2008 are all in their fifties and will bring new ideas such as rallies in state parks, private campgrounds, etc. I have also sense a "hunger" among many of the long time members for change. I believe that the WBCCI will not change from the top down but from the bottom up.

We want the local unit to provide activities to cover a broad age spectrum and not just the retirement member. We are looking at the NEU as example of how a unit can be fun. We believe that the April rally and end of October rally should be in Amboy due weather issues. However other rallies shoudl be in fun places and done similar to forum rallies. The officers listed above attended the 2006 Moraine View rally and loved it. (Couldn't attend the 2007 due to a conflict with children's activites.)

Stay in the unit being an agent for change.

Everything can't be changed overnight; it takes one step at a time. Stay in the unit and help us improve the unit.
Dave,

You have it right, find a local unit which you enjoy and have fun.

Bill

Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 06:28 AM   #296
Riviting Espresso

1978 25' Caravanner
Boca Raton , Florida
Send a message via AIM to ColdEspresso Send a message via Yahoo to ColdEspresso
Dress in the Oval Office

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Emerick
Other events that I have dressed similarly for are High School and three college graduations, my childrenís weddings and a visit to the White House Oval Office.
While I have not personally been to the Oval Office, I know quite a few people who have. The men who were invited to tour or were there on business wore a business suit. The women also dressed for business. The Oval Office is used to conduct business, not for social activities. A tux would have been inappropriate attire for a business discussion, an audience with the President, or a tour.

1978 Caravanner
2002 Chevy Avalanche Z71
2009 VW Sportwagen TDi
Rancilio Espresso Machine w/ Rocky Grinder
ColdEspresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 07:57 PM   #297
Rivet Master

1968 30' Sovereign
1959 18' "Footer"
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Brussels , Wisconsin
So I bashed, but things are looking up!

OK, Iím the culprit of this thread, Iím the one that threw the stone and now I need to protect the glass house.

First and foremost, those of you reading this thread, old trailer, new trailer, old member, new member, not a member, agree with me or not need to remember one thing, itís the people you meet and bond with that make the WBCCI club experience worth while. I would not have met this great group of people if I had not joined!

This past weekend I went camping with a group of these people and had a blast. I have had a very heavy travel schedule for work and to be honest the last thing I wanted to do was go out with the trailer this weekend, but because of these people Iím glad I did. These WBCCI members helped me relax and have a good time just when I needed it.

On top of all of this activity my Unit had a lunch on Saturday that I attended and again I had a chance to get together with my WBCCI friends. These are the people I consider true friends, they put up with my odd ways of looking at things and still make me feel welcome. That is what the WBCCI is all about; you are never alone if you are part of the club and always welcome regardless of your opinions of the club.

This was especially true at our lunch considering it was attended by Jerry Larson and his wife. They were in the area as they were working on their 2009 International Rally in Madison and wanted to share their ideas and information on Bozeman and Madison. I have to say when everything was said and done, I am very excided about his plans and his plans for the clubís future. Not once did he express a grudge about the content of this thread or my opinions, he did however, I feel, take the content and use it to formulate some of his ideas. Now I have to clarify he did not directly address this thread but you could tell from his comments that he has been reading and thinking about how he could use this information to improve the WBCCI and the International Rally.

So to end this long winded post I say to those of you that are thinking of not renewing your membership or not joining, you are going to miss out on good things to come. Me, Iím not going anywhere, I have to hang around and see what the next challenge will be. I have to make that next friend at my next WBCCI activity, I canít wait to see my old cohorts in crime and most of all I canít wait to hear how I have stirred up thought that I hope ends up in change! Come join us, just when you think all is going hell, an International Officer will shed some light that gives me hope that itís not a train in the tunnel but new ways of improving the club.

Ed
Old 11-05-2007, 11:48 AM   #298
Rivet Master

Lisle , Illinois
OK,

I will pony up the dues for an other year.

I guess I need to stop reading about what the IBT is doing and focus on the local guys. I have to admit, it is hard to keep up with the group in the Northern Illinois unit. They move fast.

Signed,
Giving it one more year.....
AIR#3788 TAC IL-10
1967/8 Overlander International Twin w/ bunk/s.
Yes, four kids and two adults in the thing.
Happy wife, happy life.
till is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 12:05 PM   #299
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by till
OK,

I will pony up the dues for an other year.

I guess I need to stop reading about what the IBT is doing and focus on the local guys. I have to admit, it is hard to keep up with the group in the Northern Illinois unit. They move fast.

Signed,
Giving it one more year.....
Ted,

You have it right, focus on the local unit and friends. You will have much more fun, don't let what is happening at the IBT stop you from enjoying your friends.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 09:21 PM   #300
4 Rivet Member

Northern Illinois , Illinois
Tedd:

Great news!!!

We need your to help to make the unit fun.

2008 Classic 34
Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab CTD

AIR #7317 WBCCI #1772 TAC-IL 1
Air Apparent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 11:58 PM   #301
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
I certainly agree with you but will add there are some that fall through the cracks of the old WBCCI and the IBT and the VAC, there are new members with new Airstreams. I have not gotten a good fix on just where I fit in. So far I have not renewed for this year which would be my fifth.
Where you fit in????? Whats with that Bone Crusher???? You fit in everywhere you go girl.. I know,,,Ive been there,,,A rally without Carol aka Bone Crusher is like Gleason without Carney, Martin without Lewis, Moe without Larry, Shall I go on??????
Old 11-06-2007, 10:51 AM   #302
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
I certainly agree with you but will add there are some that fall through the cracks of the old WBCCI and the IBT and the VAC, there are new members with new Airstreams. I have not gotten a good fix on just where I fit in. So far I have not renewed for this year which would be my fifth.
I agree with Airboss. In fact, I was hoping you would consider running for office...I certainly would vote for you!
WBCCI# 4821
http://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 11:04 AM   #303
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Shes got my vote too... I think C.J. for Prez has a nice ring to it.. I bet she could run away with it just off her friends on forums alone!!! ALL THE WAY WITH C.J. or C.J. ALL THE WAY!!!!!
Old 11-06-2007, 03:07 PM   #304
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Carol for President

Name:   invisible majority.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  87.3 KB

Ahem, thank you very much. Is this mike live?

All of us have to recognize that we owe our members more than what we have been giving them. I am not one to be content to sit and knit at the International seminars. In my bottomless power lust I have already hand picked my new IBT, the likes of which will be unprecedented within the 52 years of WBCCI history.

The challenges of change are always hard. It is important that we begin to unpack those challenges that confront this nation and realize that we each have a role that requires us to change and become more responsible for shaping our own future.

Voting is the most precious right of every member, and we have a moral obligation to ensure the integrity of our voting process for everyone.

As most here can attest to I have been undaunted in my quest to amuse myself by constantly changing my avatar.

What we have to do... is to find a way to celebrate our diversity and debate our differences without fracturing our club. The IBT must stop thinking of the individual and start thinking about what benefits the entire club.

So confident, I am of victory, I have already appointed a transition team to take over the IBT from its current officers. One of the urgent tasks I have asked the group to preform was to design new WBCCI attire and beach wear.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uniform.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	48835

These my campaign promises to you, once initiated, will change the face of Old Traditions and ring in New Horizons:

1. Each year on my birthday, every WBCCI member gets a cupcake and to attend a special event rally.

2. You will each have the option of rock, paper, scissors against the IBS for double-or-nothing on your dues fees."

3. On site rally Dairy Queens will be contracted for as soon as possible.

4. I will appoint a long range committee to find out what the heck is happening and make that report available to all members in 2036 at the July International in Siberia.

Campaign contributions are not being excepted by my branch offices.

Thank you for your support and keep your sunny side up.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 03:12 PM   #305
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
You got my vote, oh wait - I'M A MAL........
clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 03:13 PM   #306
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Thumbs up

No problem there, our new afirmative action will insure DOUBLE votes for MALS to equalize the imbalance of the past. To impliment the new voting procedure the structure will be so weighted as to make every individual MAL his or her own unit AND region and as such receive all allocated benefits and perks traditionally extended to those officers. However you must change your name to reflect some geographical location, such as Joe Montana or Minnesota Fats. ALSO NOTE: Your flag must be flown on your person and approved by the new IBT to qualify.

God Bless and enjoy that parking spot...

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 04:11 PM   #307
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Yeah!!! Carol's running for dog catcher! Wait, that job's been taken. I guess she'll have to settle for President of the U.S., no that one's been taken, too, plus it's not an election year for that one. Any state need a governor? Wait, I know, she can run for WBCCI President. Her platform is a lot less controversial than changing the club name or letting SOB's in. Besides, she's a lot prettier than the current president.
WBCCI# 4821
http://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:24 PM   #308
Rivet Master

Lisle , Illinois
I guess I will throw my hat in the ring.....

I am now running for Club clown.

Rubber chickens for all!!!!

AIR#3788 TAC IL-10
1967/8 Overlander International Twin w/ bunk/s.
Yes, four kids and two adults in the thing.
Happy wife, happy life.
till is offline   Reply With Quote