Old 09-25-2007, 08:45 PM   #239
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Hey, you care we care, LOL That's a life enough to have. Made you look.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:05 PM   #240
Rivet Master

1960 28' Ambassador
Vintage Kin Owner
1998 25' Safari
Avonton , Ontario
All I have is this short sleeve, short pants black Tux. I guess I'll stay home
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tux.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	46049  

98 Safari
1950 Spartan
1966 Globetrotter
Shacksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 06:55 AM   #241
2 Rivet Member

1959 18' "Footer"
1968 30' Sovereign
1988 29' Excella
Appleton , Wisconsin
Do NOT, I repeat, DO NOT, stay at home! That stunning display of tuxedoship screams to be shared... I say wear it proudly!

And as for no response from the folks planning to wear the real ones, I don't think there will be one.

Has anyone else noticed that there are NO posts from a region or international officer on this forum? And on the WBCCI forum, only Dona, the IBT secretary posts. I've been waiting days for an official response to rally passes in Bozeman and have gotten 2 responses from other members. But nothing from our club officers.... We know they are told what to wear, now it appears they are told when (not) to speak.

Sandy
Old 09-26-2007, 09:41 AM   #242
Rivet Master

You da ShacksMAN

Doug,

I see you are getting ready for our install rally in Oct. Did you get the email with the details from Stuart? It was his idea and he heading up the project.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:54 PM   #243
Rivet Master

Dewey , Arizona
18th International Rally

I'm posting two pictures of the Officer Installation from the 18th International Rally in Brandon, Manitoba, Canada. The year, 1975.

Just picture thoughts of the meaning of the WBCCI installations of the past.
Attached Images

Old 09-30-2007, 08:03 PM   #244
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Louisville , earth
Send a message via Yahoo to Boondocker
Well now, its not my club and the last thing I would want to do is stir up anything but....... wouldnt it be a hoot if a bunch of people showed up and wore tux tshirts every day of the event........just saying it would be funny is all

Visit my photography page
and the
Favorite camp grounds project map
My Blog

(The artist formerly known as General Disarray)

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 12:14 PM   #245
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen Disarray
Well now, its not my club and the last thing I would want to do is stir up anything but....... wouldnt it be a hoot if a bunch of people showed up and wore tux tshirts every day of the event........just saying it would be funny is all
Yes, that would be funny. But mocking the IBT will only distance them from the body of the members even more than they are now. There would be an attitude of "they don't appreciate what we do enough to respect our installation ceremony so why should we respect their wishes for the club in the future." Maybe that is why they are so out of touch with the body of members now; maybe they have been dis'd in the past and feel burnt by the experience. Remember, some of these offices have taken 12-14 years to reach so if it happened in the past, those wounds may not have healed within the club.

It would be one thing if the IBT were asking all members to attend and wear dinner jackets and evening gowns, but they aren't. They are asking the IBT only to wear them to a closed event. The least the body of members can do is respect this one event for them and let them do what they collectively decide to do for their special ceremony and not make a big disrespectful deal about it! My only concern is if they are getting reimbursed for the tux rental and gown rentals. If not, then what's the harm. Installation of a new leadership team is a big deal and is a formal occasion for a club the size of the WBCCI. It just happens to be a camping club instead of another type of fraternal organization.
WBCCI# 4821
http://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 12:21 PM   #246
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeWee
I'm posting two pictures of the Officer Installation from the 18th International Rally in Brandon, Manitoba, Canada. The year, 1975.

Just picture thoughts of the meaning of the WBCCI installations of the past.
They are proud, let them enjoy if it doesn’t get into the clubs pocket
book.That woman in the plaid skirt sure is a looker.
1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Jim Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 01:52 PM   #247
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Clark
They are proud, let them enjoy if it doesn’t get into the clubs pocket
book.That woman in the plaid skirt sure is a looker.
Whoo-hoo! Ooops, I enlarged the photo. Jim, we need glasses!
WBCCI# 4821
http://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 10:58 AM   #248
3 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari
orlando , New Mexico, Utah, Colorado
I guess it boils down ot who cares? Pee Wee showed that this is not the first time they have treated this as a formal event. I like to dress up also on the occasion, I took a tux (or a "smoking") to Brasil and Colombia.

Are the people that are belittling this even members? What has anyone here done to make this a better place, other then to complaIN THAT THE 35 DOLLAR A YEAR membership is to expensive? I guess all of the good will and volunteer spririt has no value to some posters. That is fine, but why do people waste there breath to bitch on an internet forum? It sounds and is, so petty.

Ok, my plane is leaving, I am new to teh WBCCI and will probably only be here for a year, but I hope to leave something in it better for my time.

Happy trails and se you in Mexico if I can swing it!

Michael

WBCCI #3841
jacarape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 11:29 AM   #249
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
35.00 a yr???
Old 10-02-2007, 04:54 PM   #250
2 Rivet Member

1959 18' "Footer"
1968 30' Sovereign
1988 29' Excella
Appleton , Wisconsin
I've been a member for about 10 years. We have also been a member of the laison group to input ideas to improve the club, unit club officers, vintage club officer and all around active participants. One of the repeating concerns from new and existing members is the formality of certain club activities in today's casual world. Is it a major issue?? No, but an issue that can easily modified by our leadership. At last year's installation, Don Shafer toned down the dress from ultra formal by foregoing the tuxedos. I thought we were moving in the right direction! wrong.....

As for the cost of the tuxedos, I believe the officers provide their own. But I am not sure. And since there is NO participation in any forum from any officer, we can only guess who shoulders the cost. And since rally fees provide the facility for the fancy shindig and the "pre-glow" dinner, we are actually subsidizing this event.

I say if it's going to be formal, we all dress and have a grand old 1960's style night of dancing and cocktails. A nightclub atmosphere with tables and toned down lighting! Tables of hors d'oeuvrers, byob, and lets have a celebration!!
Old 10-02-2007, 04:58 PM   #251
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwagon
I've been a member for about 10 years. We have also been a member of the laison group to input ideas to improve the club, unit club officers, vintage club officer and all around active participants. One of the repeating concerns from new and existing members is the formality of certain club activities in today's casual world. Is it a major issue?? No, but an issue that can easily modified by our leadership. At last year's installation, Don Shafer toned down the dress from ultra formal by foregoing the tuxedos. I thought we were moving in the right direction! wrong.....

As for the cost of the tuxedos, I believe the officers provide their own. But I am not sure. And since there is NO participation in any forum from any officer, we can only guess who shoulders the cost. And since rally fees provide the facility for the fancy shindig and the "pre-glow" dinner, we are actually subsidizing this event.

I say if it's going to be formal, we all dress and have a grand old 1960's style night of dancing and cocktails. A nightclub atmosphere with tables and toned down lighting! Tables of hors d'oeuvrers, byob, and lets have a celebration!!
What day of the International Rally is this event?

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 05:21 PM   #252
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
I can wear anything I want (as long as my wife says it's okay)

I can dance all night long (as long as my heart says it's okay)

I can party with the best of them (until my wife gets tired of me making a dang fool of myself and sends me to bed)

Yep, I can even complain about all the stuff I don't like on this here forum (until my wife sees it and then makes me take it all back so as she puts it people can live their lives the way they want to live them and not the way I think they should )

So, my new official spouse approved response to this thread is "let the IBT members wear the tux if they wish" and I, in turn, will wear what I think is appropriate (okay, what my wife thinks I should wear that's appropriate).

Drat, and I thought I was my own man (or that's what my wife's been telling me, anyway )

Barry