Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-21-2007, 01:55 PM   #221
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
They go that one further, they discontinued the communications liason committee and member share column and WBCCI forums threads just so they could stop hearing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Instead you have won three pages of welcome new member names for club news.
I see these three, and sometimes four, pages of new members in each issue of the Blue Beret and I think, "What's happening to so many members that we loose an average of 1,200 members net every year, there certainly can't be that many members dying every year!" If there were, odds are the old fogies running the club would have died off long ago. The problem seems to be that people join and after the first year don't renew their membership and then you have a bunch more long term members that die.

The problem the IBT needs to acknowledge is that the membership committee needs to shift their focus on retaining members not getting new members. They are doing a fine job at that. And I'm not talking about motorhome issues either! Now they need to add member retention to the scope of their charge. If they do that, imagine how many members there would be in just 5 years! And by the way, member retention should require a lot less volunteer effort than getting new members to join. Perhaps we need a member retention committee to augment the membership committee.
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 02:21 PM   #222
4 Rivet Member

2000 31' Land Yacht
As far as I know, there is NO follow-up on members who don't renew. I asked last years membership chairman what they knew about why people didn't renew, and never got an answer! I will find out this year if there is any follow-up as I don't plan to renew.

Jim Mickle
jimmickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 02:23 PM   #223
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
Albert Einstein

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 02:48 PM   #224
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
1963 19' Globetrotter
1970 29' Ambassador
Waukesha , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie's Mate
...The problem the IBT needs to acknowledge is that the membership committee needs to shift their focus on retaining members not getting new members...
This is right! focus on making the WBCCI a club that is too good to leave... the growth will take care of itself.

BTW, when we get our trailer done we're planning a trip to Disney... I've read many of your great posts on the subject and I will be likely picking your brain when the time comes...thanks!

1300miles of...

Dad, are we there yet?
https://byamcaravanner.blogspot.com/
byamcaravanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 02:54 PM   #225
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by wader
This is right! focus on making the WBCCI a club that is too good to leave... the growth will take care of itself.

BTW, when we get our trailer done we're planning a trip to Disney... I've read many of your great posts on the subject and I will be likely picking your brain when the time comes...thanks!

1300miles of...

Dad, are we there yet?
Will be at Ft. Wilderness two more times this year and always glad to share the experiences I have had. If there are any specifics you want me to check on before I go on the next trip in mid-October PM me and I'll be glad to check it out for you.
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 04:39 PM   #226
Rivet Master

1963 19' Globetrotter
Currently Looking...
Orion , Illinois
This is the kind of reason I will be saving my money and not rejoining the WBCCI . If you really want to have fun go to a Tin Can Tourist event.
63air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 12:12 PM   #227
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
Quote:
Originally Posted by 63air
This is the kind of reason I will be saving my money and not rejoining the WBCCI . If you really want to have fun go to a Tin Can Tourist event.
I have fun at Forum Rallies, WBCCI Rallies and I can have fun at a Tin Can Tourist Rally too.

I'll never let what I see as foolishness by the IBT limit my fun. It's the people you are camping with that matter.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 06:16 PM   #228
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Just got back from WBCCI Metro Detroit rally with several other Forums members and we all got a big laugh out of the TUX thing...
Old 09-23-2007, 07:07 PM   #229
4 Rivet Member

2003 39' Land Yacht XL 330 hp w/2slides
White Lake , Michigan
I have caught a little flack for not renewing my membership and staying in for the change. When you look at the uphill battle we have on our hands and the complete arrogance of those in charge, I don't have the stomach for it. I joined because I thought this was just a camping club made up of airstream owners. I enjoy my unit campouts, but from there, it is all downhill. Why is it, so many airstream owners think they are so special? I have a friend that owns a 2007 Prevost and that group doesn't have the arrogant attitude I've seen at our state and regional rallys and most of them could buy and pay cash for about dozen airstreams at a time.
As soon as we get the IBT off their high horses and back to camping and having fun, I'll be back. IT'S ABOUT THE ATTITUDE FOLKS!
bfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 07:16 PM   #230
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Nice seeing you and Grace this weekend Buck...
Old 09-23-2007, 07:34 PM   #231
5 rivets, 1 loose screw

1966 20' Globetrotter
Saginaw County , Michigan
white berets available on eBay

Well, actually creme but maybe close enough.

Airstream Wool Beret for Wally Byam Caravanners RV NEW! - (eBay item 140160005304 end time Sep-26-07 22:05:09 PDT)

May you camp where wind won’t hit you, where snakes won’t bite and bears won’t git you.

Rog0525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 07:36 PM   #232
4 Rivet Member

White Lake , Michigan
RALPH FOR PRESIDENT! Likewise ralph, it was great seeing you again also.
The grandkids kept things kinda tame. See you in Walnut Hills. Wow! just looked and its after 9pm, so will be signing off to go to bed. Please try not to make any noise and keep your drinking confined to your trailer or motorhome.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:10 PM   #233
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Yeah Buck. What time you planning on going to bed?? LOL.. No beer allowed you know..LOL....
Old 09-24-2007, 10:29 AM   #234
3 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari
orlando , New Mexico, Utah, Colorado
As a WBICC member for all of 20 days, I'll comment-who cares?

I like dressing up once in a while, I caried a tuxedo for 2 years, in Brazil of all places, until a hotel airco leaked all over it and it turned into a size 19. If these guys and gals want to have a formal event, that's cool.

I don't really even know or care so much what IBT stands for, the Internatiopnal Bowling Team? My dues were 70 bucks for me and my wife, I am going to have fun and not complain, now, if nobody in WBICC wants to have fun, that is something else. In the meantime, happy travels!

michael/wife/pooch

WBCCI #3841
jacarape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 06:34 PM   #235
4 Rivet Member

White Lake , Michigan
Good for you jacarape, but if you ever join another camping club, you will see the difference. It's a lot more than just wearing a tux. Stick around around and you will get an education. If you are an ex-military or education type, you will enjoy WBCCI immensely. If you like to just camp and have fun,well.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:00 PM   #236
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfred
Good for you jacarape, but if you ever join another camping club, you will see the difference. It's a lot more than just wearing a tux. Stick around around and you will get an education. If you are an ex-military or education type, you will enjoy WBCCI immensely. If you like to just camp and have fun,well.
The politics which I have seen in my 4 years of membership are at the region and international level. Both units which we belong to, El Camino Real and South Coast, in Southern California are pretty non-political on a local level. We just want to camp and enjoy each others company.

Personally, I don't care what the dress code is for the installation ceremony, or frankly the rest of the rally (what are "church clothes" anyway, the last church service I attended I was definately overdressed with a suit, aloha shirt and shorts would have fit right in). We attend the international rally to renew acquaintances with everyone who we have met over the internet, participate in the VAC parade, VAC open house and the VAC board meeting.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:02 PM   #237
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
What I still want to know is how men in white tuxedos and the ladies in floor length formal gowns are going to look while wearing their berets.

Lynn
Old 09-25-2007, 04:55 PM   #238
Rivet Master

2005 25' International CCD
Fleetwood , North Carolina
Send a message via Skype™ to DreamStreamr
Cool

Folks,
Get a life -- two hundred-forty posts fretting (well, a few positive) about whether IBT dons formal wear for their party, but no IBT members complaining or commenting. Leave this to them, it is their party. We will camp with whom we want, attend rallies we choose, go to Internationals when we can. Others get to do as they wish, too.

Too much else to deal with to worry about what others wear. If they think it befits their occasion, let them dress up. You don't have to and, I'm sure, are just as glad for it. I am also glad I get to dress pretty much as I want. I'll don the customary Unit Prez stuff for the designated functions and otherwise will be in hawaiian shirt, shorts, and flip-flops.

Why care what others wear, unless they are just great to look at?

Jim N5RTG
dreamstreamr.com
DreamStreamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 07:45 PM   #239
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Hey, you care we care, LOL That's a life enough to have. Made you look.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 08:05 PM   #240
Rivet Master

1960 28' Ambassador
Vintage Kin Owner
1998 25' Safari
Avonton , Ontario
All I have is this short sleeve, short pants black Tux. I guess I'll stay home
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tux.jpg