Old 07-20-2015, 11:46 AM   #57
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Nowhere , Somewhere
I think someone is confused as to the no parking on Sunday. No one I ever met from the club would refuse to help someone park in this situation. No one forces you to pray, just have a moment of silent reflection. PC police can ruin a good time, usually for themselves.

Old 07-20-2015, 12:33 PM   #58
4 Rivet Member

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
Send a message via AIM to hhendrix Send a message via Yahoo to hhendrix
Quote:
Originally Posted by avionstream View Post
I think someone is confused as to the no parking on Sunday. No one I ever met from the club would refuse to help someone park in this situation. No one forces you to pray, just have a moment of silent reflection. PC police can ruin a good time, usually for themselves.
I'm not sure who you referring to as confused, but it did happen. And it doesn't matter what day of the week. The ideology or religious dogma does not belong in a camping organization that wants to include all. BTW, it happened at the 2014 rally, not the one in New Mexico. I doubt if the PC cops ruined it for themselves. In fact the zealots probably felt righteous. It did leave a very bad taste for members in our unit and it one of the main reasons most of our members have no interest in attending an international rally.

Old 07-20-2015, 01:23 PM   #59
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
There were 425 units at New Mexico, including 13 couples in hotels. Not all of them were on the fairground at the same time. That is only 7% of the club members. The Vintage Airstream Interclub held a big rally at Durango the week before the international. Only half decided to join the rally at Farmington. We had a good time, although it was hot during the day. Religion did not play a big part in the rally except for a short invocation at the opening and closing ceremonies. The average age of the participants was well into their 60s or 70s, although there were 22 in the young group activities. The people in leadership positions were even older. The VAC tent was the center of many less formal activities.
Old 07-20-2015, 05:58 PM   #60
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Hi, I drove past this place today; Nobody was home.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07936.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	356.7 KB
ID:	243543  

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 08:28 AM   #61
4 Rivet Member

1998 31' Excella 1000
1979 23' Safari
Mooresville , Indiana
Just FYI the WBCCI office is open Monday-Friday from 8am to 4:30PM, and yes they where in the office yesterday, I know because I talked to them.

They park in the back of the building, and leave the front parking by the sidewalk for visitors. You should stop in and say Hello.

Damon
Old 07-21-2015, 11:12 AM   #62
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Nowhere , Somewhere
Bob is not a joiner so meeting the people inside may have been too much for him. Smiley face.
Old 07-21-2015, 05:59 PM   #63
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by damonbeals View Post
Just FYI the WBCCI office is open Monday-Friday from 8am to 4:30PM, and yes they where in the office yesterday, I know because I talked to them.

They park in the back of the building, and leave the front parking by the sidewalk for visitors. You should stop in and say Hello.

Damon
Quote:
Originally Posted by avionstream View Post
Bob is not a joiner so meeting the people inside may have been too much for him. Smiley face.
Hi, it was after 5:00 PM and I was going to the little market for a few needed things. I went in and circled the parking lot, No cars and no People. I have no problem with talking with people, even club members. I met a few [club members] in the Terraport, and we had a good time together. They even toured my trailer to see my mods. We are in Michigan now.

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 06:04 AM   #64
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Nowhere , Somewhere
Bob, as usual my poor attempt at humor backfired. I generally enjoy your posts. Keep going.
Old 07-22-2015, 09:12 PM   #65
Rivet Master

My family have been members for almost 15 years, we have made some very close friends whom we care deeply about and they towards us to the point some of these folks we now consider part of our extended family.

I will say there were a few so called "dark years" for us like someone spoke of during the 2006-2010 timeframe due to some club issues. Understand, during that era we still deeply loved the folks in the club and the rallies we attended, just not what the IBT at that time was trying to do. In the end, we just had to change our view and mindset to a "Whatever" point of view not to become jaded. I've heard things are changing at the upper levels, which I hope is true.

Though our attendance at rallies has drop quite a bit over the past few years, we still stay in touch with many of the folks and plan to attend at rally in Aug. Not really sure why, just have not felt the love like we did at one time. We also changed the way we use our Airstream to more of a short caravan style of usage more so than a go sit at one location for 3-4 days style.

The WBCCI is and can be a great club. Being in the leadership has its good and bad points and may not be for everyone. But remember, it's easier to sit and complain about things than it is to try and make something better.

We will stay members for as long as I can see, and look forward to hosting rallies and caravan again in the future.

The WBCCI is a great club, but like others have stated, it all depends what you put back into it that will determine your experience.

Enjoy
Old 07-23-2015, 04:12 PM   #66
Rivet Master

1987 32' Excella
Nepean , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTSUNRUS View Post
I have no problem with talking with people, even club members. I met a few [club members] in the Terraport, and we had a good time together. They even toured my trailer to see my mods. We are in Michigan now.
I always meet nice interesting people when I'm parked in the Terraport - I service at JC.
1999 Dodge Ram 2500HD Diesel
blkmagikca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 04:45 PM   #67
Overland Adventurer

1991 34' Excella
2009 34' Panamerica
Telluride , Colorado
You don't need to be in a club to travel or to meet nice people.....
Travel is everywhere and so are nice people!
Old 07-23-2015, 08:21 PM   #68
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
WBCCI benefits the people who use and participate in the events (caravans and rallies) it supports and provides. Any local RV club can provide local rallies and social events, without the need to pay for a national support staff and overhead. AirForums rally participants do not pay for this website or its support staff. The advertising they sell pays for it.
Old 07-23-2015, 09:19 PM   #69
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
Sorry Dwight, but I contribute my $20.00 annually to support the Air Forum. I also pay dues to WBCCI.
This forum is also a excellent way to communicate with/for ALL Air Stream groups. Check the Moraine View posts as an example.
mike
Old 07-25-2015, 07:29 PM   #70
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Well, I may soon be one of those people who choose not to WBCCI. The new Region president has announced the uniform of the day for the region rally, and it requires unit officers to wear a red necktie.

I made it very plain on multiple occasions that I do not enjoy wearing a necktie and haven't worn one since December 23rd, 1989— I remember that date because it's the first time I saw snow in New Orleans. I don't even intend to wear a tie at my own funeral, let alone while I'm still alive to kick and scream over it.

I have informed the region president that I will quit the club before I wear a necktie, but haven't heard back from him about it. If he insists on neckties, I'll insist on quitting. My resolve is stronger than his on this.

It may seem like a trivial thing to base my stay/go decision on, but the club motto is "fun, fellowship, and adventure." Fun is listed first. Wearing a tie is no fun for me, and not having fun would put a crimp on the fellowship and adventure as well.

On the plus side, if I do end up quitting WBCCI now, I won't become unit president in September and I won't have to go to the 2016 Mid-Winter IBT in January. Which would give me the time to go to the 2016 Canopener rally instead, if there are any spaces left…

WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

I don't have an anger management problem. I manage to remember exactly what everyone has done to make me angry!
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote