https://airstream2go.com
WOW!! Check out those rates, just amazing

Old 09-28-2016, 08:55 AM   #240
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
Won't take long long to pay off the steeply discounted prices he must have paid for those trailers as he left Airstream. I would bet a dime to a donut that he paid less than dealer cost. Not so sure on the tow vehicles, though.

Five or six two week rentals at peak season billing would pay for the replacement Airstream.....

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic model 30 twin beds, 50 amp service, 900 watt solar system, Centramatics, Dill TPMS, disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 09:51 PM   #241
3 Rivet Member

1994 34' Limited
Salem , Oregon
there were/are two reasons we have not joined. first I am not putting big red numbers on my AS. two it seems more rules than results driven. I am more relaxed and like to be relaxed. I don't want hassles. I would love to get a sense that these things are changing but I haven't heard that yet.
Old 10-21-2016, 12:01 AM   #242
3 Rivet Member

2016 23' International
Salem , Oregon
I agree with you Monty. We can go camping together and we won't have to pay extra. I promise not to put red letters on mine if you do the same.

I see no benefit to a national club.
Old 10-21-2016, 02:01 AM   #243
Aluminum in 3-D

1968 28' Ambassador
Seaside , Oregon
2 Dutch Bros. Coffees

I agree, no one has to join a national club to enjoy camping but it does give you the opportunity to talk Airstream around the original Social Media, the campfire. And we have met some wonderful friends we would never have met if we had not joined the club, we hear that all the time from members.

The best reason to put on the red numbers as the former owner of my Airstream said, is to find your way home after a happy Happy Hour. But we have no rules that you have to put red numbers on your Airstream when you belong to the club.

I can't believe you both just happen to live in the State with the Wally Byam Airstream Club that is one of the most progressive units in the club and have never been to one of our rallies. We have 20 rallies next year, something for everyone, we would love to have you join us, 250 Oregon members can't be wrong.

The National Club is changing by leaps and bounds too, good group of leaders, our Prez is an Airforums Mod. Times are a changin.

As we have traveled in the US and Canada I have found the WB rallies we have attended have been inclusive and welcoming, fun and inexpensive (as we travel we look for rallies to attend, not only for the people we meet but also the low cost camping, and travel information about the area)

As my husband says, membership in the club is worth the 2 Dutch Bros. coffees a month it costs.

Membership chair
Wally Byam Airstream Club
Past President Oregon Unit 090

Campfires, the original social media!
wbcci#29827

Check out the [URL="https://airstreamclub.org/"and Wally Byam Airstream Club on facebook
Blue Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 04:51 AM   #244
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari
Fort Myers , Florida
Quote:
A lot of people think the trailers with numbers on them are rental units.
That is exactly what I thought when I bought mine with the numbers on it- that it was a rental unit!

I joined this month after five years of being on Airforums and owning an Airstream. I contacted my local unit and was told they may disband. Then I was asked to come to their November rally.

I do not know what benefit there is yet but I decided to try it out and see for a few years.
Old 10-21-2016, 05:21 AM   #245
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
WBCCI is a national travel trailer/mobile home club that focuses on Caravans(adventure through touring) and Rallies(local social events/national special national events). If you are not interested in those kind of activities, do not join. If you are interested in meeting and traveling with an interesting collection of people with an aluminum fetish, it is a good deal. If you're just a "local camper", Good Sam is a better deal. Check out the wide variety of local units and chapters by visiting their websites and decide if their activities are something you wish to join. Most units will allow you to visit without the need to commit to paying membership dues.
Old 10-21-2016, 06:53 AM   #246
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
I haven't found any situation where Good Sam would be beneficial to me.
Good Sam does not get you a discount in state parks, corps of engineers parks, or forest service parks, only privately owned RV parks. We only stay in a privately owned RV park a couple of times and would not save the $25 fee.
We are only able to attend one WBCCI rally per year, but I keep paying dues for when we are able to attend more rallies and to keep the big red numbers on my trailer.
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 07:17 AM   #247
Rivet Master

1963 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Yakima Valley , Washington
Send a message via MSN to goransons
I think it comes down to your local unit to a point. We love our local unit (Oregon) and as Theresa points out things are changing nationally too. Our local unit does tons of stuff for younger families and kids, and has a very diverse group of members from retired to just out of college and everything in between. They have a great variety of different rallies throughout the year all over the geographic region. We weren't happy with the more local unit so we tried the next state over, let's just say it was more than worth the extra travel...
goransons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 10:06 AM   #248
Rivet Master

1987 32' Excella
Nepean , Ontario
Look into the Escapees. Besides the local chapters, BOF's and annual escapade, there is Days End, the listing of free and inexpensive camping. Escapees have a number of campground, either owned by the club or co-ops.
1999 Dodge Ram 2500HD Diesel
blkmagikca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 10:37 AM   #249
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
I agree that Escapees are worth looking into, to see if their programs meet your needs. Teresa has a lifestyle that best matches WBCCI's many programs and has the time and desire to make the best use of her membership. Scott and Hony can make use of the local opportunities, but miss out on the WBCCI national opportunities. WBCCI is not the idea club for everyone. I have been a member for 20 years and have seen the club become less formal. It still may not be Monty's cup of tea. AirForums (a non-club club) rallies are the least formal.
Old 10-21-2016, 02:12 PM   #250
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by goransons View Post
I think it comes down to your local unit to a point. We love our local unit (Oregon) and as Theresa points out things are changing nationally too. Our local unit does tons of stuff for younger families and kids, and has a very diverse group of members from retired to just out of college and everything in between. They have a great variety of different rallies throughout the year all over the geographic region. We weren't happy with the more local unit so we tried the next state over, let's just say it was more than worth the extra travel...

I agree.
I held off joining for a couple of years until I stumbled upon our great local unit- Region 6, Unit 56, Mississippi Unit.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 07:42 PM   #251
2 Rivet Member

1973 31' Excella 500
Calary , Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by remphoto View Post
We are on the fence about joining. In our case we are not real social, group-activity kinds of people, so probably would just get an at-large membership and wouldn't attend any rallies. But, we think the red numbers are pretty cool (assuming they can be easily removed without a trace -- vinyl overlay seems to be the way to go.) Having just written all this I quess joining just to display red number is a waste of money.

We just joined and think the red numbers are pretty cool. After reading all these comments, I'm really scared about what to expect....you can get kicked out?? I guess we will give it a try and hope for the best
Old 10-21-2016, 08:47 PM   #252
Site Team

1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeinaTube View Post
We just joined and think the red numbers are pretty cool. After reading all these comments, I'm really scared about what to expect....you can get kicked out?? I guess we will give it a try and hope for the best
Welcome to the club from Dewey, Arizona.

The big red numbers are very cool, IMO. The club is about fun, friendship and adventure. Go to a rally, make some new friends and you will be hooked!

Richard

WBCCI President 2016-2017
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote