Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-13-2010, 12:49 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1985 31' Excella
1993 34' Excella
Livingston , Texas
Angry Thompson withdraws arbitration offer

My fellow members, It is my sad duty to inform you that I have failed in my attempt to resolve the Club problems through arbitration between the membership and the International leaders. Although I attempted to contact the International Executive Committee (EC7) and the members of the International Board of Trustees (IBT), the results were fruitless.

An E-mail message was sent to Club Headquarters requesting that my message be forwarded to International President and members of the IBT. My offer was posted as an open letter on the forums (except for wbcci.org on which I was unable, even as a member of the Club, to even register or login).

NOT one response was received from the President, the EC7or from other members of the IBT. NO letters! NO e-mails! NO phone calls!

Therefore, MY OFFER TO ABRITRATE IS WITHDRAWN.

I apologize to those members whose hopes were raised that a solution to the “Mess” might be forthcoming.

Shortly, after some rewrite, I will post my third of four presentations.

Thank you fellow club members for your considerations in this matter.

Robert (Bob) Thompson II aka Bob T
bob280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 01:20 PM   #2
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
Well, I guess it was worth a shot.

Visit my photography and painting website
https://rooseveltfineart.com
Instagram is r.w.roosevelt

Boondocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 02:37 PM   #3
Rivet Master

, Minnesota
Sorry, Rodney.

It was a total waste of time. Even the most casual treatment of an arbitration requires that the referee be neutral.

Regardless of Bob's declaration of neutrality, there is no way he would be seen in that light by a competent judge or counsel. He has too much history in club politics.

Any decision by him would be immediately challengeable on that basis alone. Therefore, a waste of time.
markdoane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 02:55 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Loganville , Georgia
Bob:

I have never been a member of WBBCI so it is not my business, but I have seen so many people post their support for you on this forum. That in itself is a great thing. Time to get the wheels on the road and go camping. There are many airstreamers out there who showed in their previous posts how they care about you, so it is time to celebrate with them at the camp grounds. Life is to short and there are to many good times to be had.

Brian
Old 03-13-2010, 04:14 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1985 31' Excella
1993 34' Excella
Livingston , Texas
mARKDOANE, Your comments sounld like they are coming from a "guardhouse lawyer" and IF you are/were (and I doubt it) a member of WBCCI, you would know that I have support3ed the Leadership when they were right (many, many times) and have supported the membership many, many times when they were right. My loyalty lies with the Club and I have a long history of resolving differences within the Club. Even Past Presidents have asked me to resolve situations. Your comments appear to be that of an uninformed individual and it is believed that there are Judges that would have no problem with me being fair and balanced. Your comments are not well taken. It is you who is biased. An effort was made to resolve th3e current club problems - My offer was for arbitration, nothing said that I "had" to be the arbitrator. Had the parties agreed to arbitrate but with a different person, then progress would have been made. But then I digress. Tell me, what effort have you made to help the Club and its members??
Old 03-13-2010, 04:23 PM   #6
Rivet Master

, Minnesota
Nope, not a guardhouse lawyer or any other type. Smart enough to know that a neutral outsider like myself would be more qualified as an arbitrator than someone who is certainly an insider and too close to the problems.

I don't have a dog in this fight. Whether you do or don't is immaterial, as an insider you cannot be impartial.
Old 03-13-2010, 04:30 PM   #7
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
Do we really need another poop slinging contest over this?

Visit my photography and painting website
https://rooseveltfineart.com
Instagram is r.w.roosevelt

Boondocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 04:44 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Loganville , Georgia
Boondocker:

"poop slinging contest over this." first time I heard that one used. That will have to be put in my book of quotes. Ha Ha. Thanks for making me laugh.

Brian
Old 03-13-2010, 04:59 PM   #9
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Ok, then lets get back on track with pledges supporting a legal resolution.

Last check DefendWally.org was at the halfway point, so we need a bit more support to move forward.

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 05:49 PM   #10
2 Rivet Member

1985 31' Excella
1993 34' Excella
Livingston , Texas
Markdoane, Smart?? So you tak the talk BUT do NOT walk the walk.

Why don't you join WBCCI and become aware of the many fun rallies and cravans.
might do you some good. Suggest you go to WBCCI.org and Savewally.org and find out about the many great things going on (unit guide) and the many rallies and caravans that are going on out there.

Maybe you can contribute something for the good of the Club.Post your e-mail and I will send you a membership packet.

LI pets, you are correct!
Old 03-13-2010, 06:47 PM   #11
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
1963 19' Globetrotter
1970 29' Ambassador
Waukesha , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdoane View Post
It was a total waste of time. Even the most casual treatment of an arbitration requires that the referee be neutral.
Right... Even though, I agree that a good arbiter could be someone who can empathize with both sides of an issue, that is not how they are chosen.

Either way, the key is that both sides have to agree to arbitration... did anybody expect that a body who doesn't even believe in due process would subject themselves to arbitration?

I guess, maybe for a moment, Bob T did. I commend you for your effort.
https://byamcaravanner.blogspot.com/
byamcaravanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 06:56 PM   #12
Rivet Master

, Minnesota
Fear not, my lord, we will not stand to prate;
Talkers are no good doers: be assured
We come to use our hands and not our tongues.
-Shakespeare

But Mr. Bob, you misunderstand my post. I post not to offer an alternative to your offer to arbitrate; only to point out the apparent folly of your proffer. Your offer to arbitrate is the same as my ex-wife offering to mediate an argument I may have with my current wife.

I am not required to walk my talk. I offer observations only. That is certainly within the TOS of this forum.

I decline your offer to post my email address. I chart my own course, so caravaning is not in my lexicon. My interests tend more toward camping than lemonade showers.
Old 03-13-2010, 07:06 PM   #13
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I think it is noteworthy that the letter was not responded to. What we have here is a clear documented demonstration of the failure to communicate, eh Luke?

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 04:02 PM   #14
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
If I were them I wouldn't respond either. Nothing on the table for them, no need to open the door to compromise. The whole idea is just more of the same love of politics from many sides.
Over59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 08:18 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65GT View Post
Where's the surprise? Their non-response to issues and problems has been text book for the last five years at a minimum. Let's see, the IP states that the membership is in a crisis and the financials are in a crisis and what group is 100% identifiable to blame?

The only thing he failed to report is that leadership is and has been in a crisis for just as long...

Members have to stop kidding themselves, this little elite clique will run the club right into the ground. All you have to do is open your eyes and look at the REAL numbers. Losses on top of losses, on top of losses. Want to see them go away? Don't change a thing, just increase membership dues every couple of years. That will certainly prolong their Great North American Tour, at the membership's expense...

Open your eyes!

__
I am not at all surprised. In fact, my emails to the leadership are usually not acknowledged.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 02:52 PM   #16
Islay - 63 O.

1963 26' Overlander
Montreal , -
Send a message via MSN to dufferin
being incompetent is one thing... not being polite is another one.
But they are good at both...

Few rolling wheels to make our planet a house.

A 1/5th of her that I own.

TAC# : QC-1

my blog

https://rvcampreview.com
dufferin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 06:59 AM   #17
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65GT View Post
Where's the surprise? Their non-response to issues and problems has been text book for the last five years at a minimum. Let's see, the IP states that the membership is in a crisis and the financials are in a crisis and what group is 100% identifiable to blame?

The only thing he failed to report is that leadership is and has been in a crisis for just as long...

Members have to stop kidding themselves, this little elite clique will run the club right into the ground. All you have to do is open your eyes and look at the REAL numbers. Losses on top of losses, on top of losses. Want to see them go away? Don't change a thing, just increase membership dues every couple of years. That will certainly prolong their Great North American Tour, at the membership's expense...

Open your eyes!

__

It's their club. They won. It's time to move on. The more you push them the more they dig in their heals and do more things that look like dumb stuff. They want SOB motorhomes and still run the club. That's the bottom line. They are monster RV folks, not trailer folks. That's all they care about. Changing the politic so they can push that in the future. What we need is an Airstream Trailer Club or at least one that's not dominated by the Bus People.
Over59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 10:23 AM   #18
4 Rivet Member

2000 31' Land Yacht
I think we have an Airstream trailer club, TAC.

FMCA is for motorhomes, and offers lots of benefits for low dues. One thing missing is the paid tours for officers. They do have great openness and willingness listen to members. Also, an excellent magazine.
jimmickle is offline   Reply With Quote