Old 04-07-2006, 11:30 AM   #43
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest
Leo,

You made some really interesting points about the Basecamp that I hadn't thought of before. I especially found your comment about an empty Basecamp toy hauler valid. Why should we consider that a travel trailer?
Sorry Forrest, for going off on a tangent, just following your lead.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 04:06 PM   #44
Rivet Master

1986 32' Excella
Aurora , Colorado
Now you know why I shouldn't lead.

Old 04-07-2006, 06:58 PM   #45
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Lead us away you're doing famously.

Quote:
"For instance, according to RONR the motion to "Postpone Indefinitely... is useful in disposing of a badly chosen main motion that cannot be either adopted or expressly rejected without possibly undesirable consequences." It is a motion that allows the assembly to "decline taking a position on the main question" and its "adoption kills the main motion (for the duration of the session) and avoids a direct vote on the question."

Are there any Delegates reading this thread who would care to jump in?"
Just in case any others don't know, Can you tell me, I don't know how are delegates selected.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 07:11 PM   #46
Rivet Master

OOOH BOY! Have you seen April's edition of the Blue Beret? Look at Page 6 and see how Intern'l 3rd VP Jerry Larson has worded his explanation about the proposed name change.
Why is it if the WBCCI remains the club name, would it be necessary to train all Club members at all levels of leadership that we are to be referred to as the Airstream Owners Association? I don't get it?
Old 04-07-2006, 07:38 PM   #47
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Gee, Coloradobus, could you give us a hint? It could be another week or more before I get the April BB. (Sorry, Forrest, I think we're going tangential again here. )

- J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 09:09 PM   #48
Rivet Master

The delegates Meeting on June 30, 2006 will be deciding on the Name Change for WBCCI as forwarded by the International Board of Trustees (IBT) that met in January 2006. the new name as recommended by the Special Committee was that the WBCCI nbame should be changed to the Airstream Owners Association, Inc. (AOAI)
The Delegates need to understand the importance of their vote and decision as WBCCI has been the name of the Club for over 50 years and it has an established heritage, inboth the younger and older Airtream owners. This also may be an opportunity to change the Club's name and change the gradual decline of the Club membership. Whatever the case, or position, of the Clubmembers it bears serious consideration and needs to be extensively debated by the Deldgates who are representing ALL our voting Club members.

Question???? Where has it been discussed that a name change will increase membership?? Fred Coldwell has written that this new name will come with baggage so the Club will be beholding to THOR corporate.
Any T-Shirt, mug, keychain, badge, etc. will need THOR"S blessing and must be purchased from them. That looks like ham-stringing.

dougjamie, this is how it written by Mr Larsen entitled WBCCI Delegates name change motion options
OPTIONS THE DELEGATES HAVE:
1. "Decide to PASS THE MOTION and change the Club's name to AOAI."
PRO: The new name reflects who and what we are: Airstream Owners. Too many people donot know who Wally Byam is or was."

CON: "Members are very strongly divided over Changing, or not changing the name."

2."Decide to FAIL THE MOTION and keep the Club's name as the WBCCI."

PRO: "No cost involved other than what has been spent investigating a proposed new name."

CON: " Time and training would be necessary to train all Club Members at all levels of leadership that we are to be referred toas the Airstream Owners Association."

dougjamie, here's my question. If the vote reflects to keep the WBCCI the WBCCI, why would any energy have to be expended instructing Club Membership Hierarchy of how to use the name. If the vote says we are the WBCCI, then WE should be referred to as the WALLY BYAM CARAVAN CLUB INTERNATIONAL, THE WBCCI. I don't get it.

There is a THIRD item I didn't know about. Whatever happened to just inserting the word Airstream into the original Club name??? Where did this new name come from? Wasn't the delegate vote last year in Springfield's International a vote to modify not totally change the name??

3. "MODIFY THE RECOMMENDED NAME to a different name decided by DELEGATE DEBATE.
PRO: Reflects the opinon and desires of ALL VOTING Club members and not a smaller group responding to a request or survey or dramatically expressing their opinion."
CON: "A decision needs to made by Delgate with out conference with the Unit members. In it members need to provide the ability of thier Delegate to exercise/vote on the option."

The key is a decision and vote by ALL VOTING CLUB MEMBERS, not a smaller sub-group. Each Unit needs to instruct their members that the Unit may cast 100% of their votes for or against a motion. The Unit may also cast their Unit votes exactly as they voted in the Unit meeting.: such as, if there are 12 members for one item and 3 against that item, the vote would be cast 12 for and 3 against. This option provides for each individual's vote to be counted as an individual vote. If these 15 members are only a part of the Units' members, then the Unit may vote to prorate these 15 votes to all Unit members. So if this Unit has 45 voting members, they would then vote 36 for and 9 against the item, or the Unit might consider a ballot by mail to allow each Unit member to vote. Members not voting under this mail ballot could be considered as abstaining
"Your Unit voting privilege is an important event and should be considered seriously. You and your Unit's vote control this great Club"

That's what is on Page 6, more or less.
Old 04-07-2006, 09:11 PM   #49
Rivet Master

1986 32' Excella
Aurora , Colorado
Doug & Jamie,

Delegates are likely nominated and appointed by each Unit's Executive Board. At least that is how the Denver Unit Constitution is written. It likely differs somewhat from Unit to Unit though.
Old 04-07-2006, 09:15 PM   #50
Rivet Master

1986 32' Excella
Aurora , Colorado
Coloradobus,

I just read the Blue Beret too, it looks like things could get very complicated at the Delegates Meeting. This is why we need a game plan for Delegates favorable to Saving Wally to get together.
Old 04-09-2006, 05:13 PM   #51
2 Rivet Member

2013 30' Flying Cloud
Charleston , South Carolina
WBCCI Voting

Sorry for taking a few days to reply. I've been at a rally.

Thanks for all of the great ideas about revising the voting procedures. I think we need to develop them into a proposal - and we need to be smart about it. For example, we'll have to analyze all of the pros and cons, and costs related to our recommendations. Once we have a solid proposal, we can then move it through the channels.

I believe it will require a vote of the Delegates, which probably means it would be no sooner than the 2007 Delegate meeting before it could possibly be voted on, but we have to start somewhere.

We are working for changes in a proud old organization. For many, our frustrations actually come from the fact that we love the people in the club and the concept of a Club and the legacy of Airstream. Our challenge will be to work through the system to change the system. It can be done.

Are any of you who want to work on the voting ideas going to the International Rally? If so, please send me a pm.

Forest, I too have devised ballots for our club in the past. It seems so logical! We will have to address issues such as maintaining one vote for Airstream and other such logistics.

65Gt and Doug and Jamie, you have some great ideas. If anyone else has feedback, please post it! I'll take all of the feedback and see what I can come up with in the way of a proposal. (You are welcome to do the same and then we can compare notes.)

I think many members don't realize the power they have in the club. Some don't really care to get involved and that's their right. They just want to go camping and have fun with other Airstreamers. (After all, isn't that what it is all about!) But for those who do wish to get involved, there are ways to do it and there are ears that listen.

Thanks for caring about the club. Keep the feedback coming!

Happy Airstreaming!

Renee Ettline
2nd VP
Region 3