Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-21-2007, 06:05 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
1964 24' Tradewind
Plant City , Florida
Send a message via AIM to SwampBillies
Sticker Placement

I was getting Betty ready to go to the FLorida rally. I got all the stickers out that WBCCI had sent me and followed the directions to put on the red numbers and the WBCCI emblem. However the Tampa Bay unit that we joined sent us 2 stickers also. A huge one and a smaller one. I have no idea where to put these. Where am I supposed to put the unit stickers?

Debbie & Lewis Adkins
WBCCI #15754 --- AIR #18873
1972 - 31' Sovereign International (Betty)
1964 - 24' Tradewind (Glory)
2002 Ford F250 Super Duty
SwampBillies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 06:18 AM   #2
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Send a message via AIM to rickandsandi
If you have to ask......... ! Sorry, so many people put their unit decals in so many different places. We have our NEU window decal on our rear AS window and one on our TV. We also have rally decals on the back window. On the inside of our door on the AS we have our fill-in USA map and we have to start adding our Unit and Rally decals there since they are starting to pile up.
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
rickandsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 06:23 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
1964 24' Tradewind
Plant City , Florida
Send a message via AIM to SwampBillies
Ahhhhh...So there is no set placement for these? That explains the lack of directions. Well then it would be interesting to see where everyone else puts their stickers. Inside the door sounds like a cool thing, I like that idea. The inside of my door however is discolored. I have tried everything to clean it, and it is better. But you can still see the imprint of the screen door. Maybe I can just cover it in stickers.

Debbie & Lewis Adkins
WBCCI #15754 --- AIR #18873
1972 - 31' Sovereign International (Betty)
1964 - 24' Tradewind (Glory)
2002 Ford F250 Super Duty
SwampBillies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 12:35 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2014 27' Flying Cloud
Viera , Florida
Is it okay to be stickerless?

I'm getting ready to mount my WBCCI numbers, WBCCI sticker, and blue AIR numbers. According to the instructions, the WBCCI numbers go a yardstick width above the AIRSTREAM on the front and back, and the Sticker goes above the numbers. That will make the sticker almost invisible, unless you're passing me in an 18-wheeler--what's the point?

Do you have to affix the sticker?

Randy

PS: The blue AIR numbers will go between the window frame and AIRSTREAM on the front, and an equal distance below AIRSTREAM on the back.
2014 27FB Flying Cloud - SilverCabin II
2018 F-150 Platinum - unnamed

The best part of any trip is when you pull away from home.
SilverCabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 12:52 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
IMO, it really depends on your rally habits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgodfrey
Do you have to affix the sticker?
If you are primarily a solo or small group (unit) camper it's not as big of a deal (in most Units) to have them. Opposed to a Regional or International Rally where there are hundreds of trailers in attendence.

The main point of the WBCCI stickers is to locate/identify you at a large rally, in a caravan or on the road (for fun) - kinda like an address on your house. Imagine 1000 silver trailers - all looking kinda the same - and trying to pick out which one is you in case of an emergency, to get you a message or to invite you over to a gathering. It's much easier to say "I'm in Blue Section, Row 4 & my WBCCI number is #1824" than to say I'm in Blue Section, Row 4 & I'm the one parked 17th from the end on the right". What if somebody leaves or another trailer arrives after you've given directions? Or your guest looses count on the way to find you?

Yes, there are "rules" as to where to locate them in the WBCCI Blue Book...however, I think it is really most important that you have numbers (front & back) than if they are located exactly as prescribed. I know alternate locations like on the window so it doesn't effect the clearcoat are being implemented. The idea is, that the rally coordinators are able to locate the numbers consistantly on most every trailer/moho...they shouldn't have to search for them of walk around a trailer because it's only on the front/back.

As far as Unit decals, those are more flexible...we have ours on our back window. The little ones, if provided, are for your tow vehicle - just for "bling" and Unit pride.

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 03:33 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2014 27' Flying Cloud
Viera , Florida
Thanks, Shari, but I was talking about the big round WBCCI sticker that is supposed to go above the numbers. No one could see it there.

Randy

Old 06-18-2007, 06:46 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
Big Round Sticker not required..

Randy-

Nobody cares whether you apply the large round WBCCI sticker on your trailer.. The smaller one can go on rear bumper if you'd like, or not...

And the purpose of the big red numbers is to allow folks like emergency services or message services or pizza delivery guys to find your trailer somewhere in Row 10 of Blue 1 parking area, from among hundreds of other trailers.. In Salem last year, several times the ambulance crew and folks in golf carts were going up and down rows looking to find trailer that called for 911 medical emergencies...

For less than $10, you can buy sheet of lexan and can of silver spray paint and some suction cup hooks, and do what we did to avoid permanent application of large red numbers..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WBCCI_Numbers.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	39501  

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 11:33 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgodfrey
Thanks, Shari, but I was talking about the big round WBCCI sticker that is supposed to go above the numbers. No one could see it there.

Randy
Sorry I misunderstood.

I guess it is a different on newer trailers with fewer segments, they do make the curve more sharply than the older ones do, so the WBCCI sticker may be more difficult to see. Although, from a distance, you do see up over the top a bit...

If you aren't happy with that placement, put it on your back window...that's where we have our Unit & VAC stickers. Like Condoluminum said, nobody really cares about that one...just the big red numbers.

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 06:46 AM   #9

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
My WBCCI sticker is centered above the red numbers, and you can see it from the ground on our 2005 Safari. The AIR sticker below the the blue numbers is more readable.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0851.JPG
Views:	287
Size:	152.7 KB
ID:	39548  
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 08:00 AM   #10
Rivet Master

2014 27' Flying Cloud
Viera , Florida
Thanks everyone for the information.

Our installation will look just like Brian and SuEllyn's (moosetags) except with our numbers and without the round WBCCI sticker. You may be able to see it from the ground, but you can't read it, so what's the point. Maybe we'll find another place for it as Shari (InsideOut) suggested.

Thanks Condoluminum for the alternative mounting suggestion, but we think we'll stay with the traditional location. We don't like the idea of causing the ghosting when the numbers are later removed, but we're planning on keeping Daisy and staying with the WBCCI (and working for change, but that's another thread) for some time. Besides, we keep the directory in our truck's door pocket, and we're having a lot of fun looking up numbers as we see them on the road. It make's you feel like you encountered an old friend out there. We wouldn’t want to deprive anyone of that experience when they see us go by.

Old 06-21-2007, 04:45 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
We do have a set of 3" high red numbers next to small Wally Decal on left side of rear bumper, and 3" blue numbers on right side... Folks coming the opposite way might not recognize us to ID us from the directory, but someone we're overtaking or someone passing us can easily read the numbers when relative speeds are near equal...

We did get ID'd on Interstate on way to Salem last year when someone in our unit caravan used the directory and called us on cell phone as we were cruising by the slow-moving line...

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 04:51 PM   #12
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1975 31' Sovereign
Searcy , Arkansas
I am torn where to put our stickers too...red wbcci stickers on top or blue air forums stickers on top...

decisions $!%@#*#!!*#*#!*#!+!_!(@&^@%@

G

www.airstreamofarkansas.com

877-Air-hog1
877-247-4641

Keeping the Airstream Dream Alive!

AIR #8844
Airhog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 05:02 PM   #13
Tramp Streamer
Commercial Member

1995 28' Excella
Artist , at Large
Hey Gene!
You've been quite the chatty Cathy lately, rushing for 1000 posts

By the way, has Joe given you my art peices?

Best,

Michael
ArtStream is offline   Reply With Quote