Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-04-2006, 06:22 AM   #1
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Sierra Nevada Unit #157 Private Forum now open

This is an open invitation to all forum members who belong to the Sierra Nevada Unit #157 of the WBCCI to join our private forum that is now open for business.
If interested you can contact me through pm or through the WBCCI Unit Forums tab.
A special thanks to Andy for making this feature available to the units and to Janet for helping to make it a reality.

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
streamer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 08:25 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic
Farmington , New Mexico
just curious--why a private forum ?? ---Pieman
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 10:12 AM   #3
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lewis

Hi Mike,

I guess the easiest way to answer that would be to say the forum is set up for Unit 157 business and it was determined by vote that it would be of no interest to those outside our unit and should only be available to our unit members.
Is the 4 corners forum open to everyone?

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
Old 11-04-2006, 10:16 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1975 29' Ambassador
Reno , Nevada
Quote:
This is one of the open issues that was (is being?) discussed when the availability of such forums was announced.

From a governance and legal point of view the use of such a forum would be appropriate to those things that belong to the Unit. Examples of this are the minutes of Unit meetings, discussion of internal business, and reports regarding the status of the Unit, Robert's Rules could be used as a reference to clarify and expand on this concept of ownership and confidentiality in organization's business practice.

It is a fact that most Units operate in a rather naked manner. This is in line with modern values of accountability via transparency. Minutes and other business are published in newsletters which achieve circulation beyond the membership. Dirty laundry is aired in public.

But then there is complaint sometimes about Units taking up newsletter space for things like relationship building and local gossip.

Such a forum also has significant implications for proper governance records retention and management. I know the SNU lost a lot when an officer decided to clean house many moons ago. Online repositories reduce the odds of such things.

That tells me there is room for considering what should be discussed where and a private Unit forum might be a means to test such ideas.

Andy and Janet set up this facility as a means of extending their support for WBCCI forums. A good discussion of the risks is at A List Apart: Articles: How to Be a Great Host

There are some great opportunities and also risks and also barriers to overcome in this offering at AirstreamForums.com. Mike has volunteered to get the SNU participation in this effort going and, from the invite here, is obviously providing support for both the idea and the SNU. Let's see if we can make it a useful adjuct to organizational health.
bryanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 10:56 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic
Farmington , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by streamer23
Hi Mike,

I guess the easiest way to answer that would be to say the forum is set up for Unit 157 business and it was determined by vote that it would be of no interest to those outside our unit and should only be available to our unit members.
Is the 4 corners forum open to everyone?
Thanks Mike for the explain.--- It's my understanding the 4 corners unit forum is not officially in operation yet. I can see a definate bene. to conduct busness via the internet. That said our original application was denyed by region 11 fathers partially because we proposed doing most of our unit business via cyber comunications. While attending the region 6 rally last month at Gray Tenn I had opportunity to speak with Don Shafer the WBCCI pres. To my surprise he was not in favor of this sort of business tranactions either. Personally I think this is a good idea, but when I hear this from the top it looks like it might be a hard sell to the folks in charge a the international level.----pieman
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 11:53 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1995 25' Excella
1961 26' Overlander
1982 34' Limited
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Send a message via Skype™ to Airstream25
FCU proceeding

Quote:
Thanks Mike for the explain.--- It's my understanding the 4 corners unit forum is not officially in operation yet. I can see a definate bene. to conduct busness via the internet. That said our original application was denyed by region 11 fathers partially because we proposed doing most of our unit business via cyber comunications. While attending the region 6 rally last month at Gray Tenn I had opportunity to speak with Don Shafer the WBCCI pres. To my surprise he was not in favor of this sort of business tranactions either. Personally I think this is a good idea, but when I hear this from the top it looks like it might be a hard sell to the folks in charge a the international level.----pieman
The petition for a permenant charter has been submitted to Jackson Center and Region 11 for a vote at the Jan. IBT in Georgia.

Of the 22 prospective charter members, 12 have signed up for the Feb. Rally at Dead Horse State Park in Cottonwood, AZ.

If the vote is Yeah then it will be a WBCCI rally.
If the vote is Neah then I expect it will be a Forums rally.
AIR #10274
Airstream25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 11:53 AM   #7
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Quote:

Hard sell but maybe a sell nonetheless.Best of luck in the endeavour of the proposed 4 corners unit to succeed.My own personal feeling is that there is room in WBCCI going forward for your type of unit

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
Old 11-04-2006, 11:58 AM   #8
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airstream25
The petition for a permenant charter has been submitted to Jackson Center and Region 11 for a vote at the Jan. IBT in Georgia.

Of the 22 prospective charter members, 12 have signed up for the Feb. Rally at Dead Horse State Park in Cottonwood, AZ.

If the vote is Yeah then it will be a WBCCI rally.
If the vote is Neah then I expect it will be a Forums rally.

12 of 22 is a great percentage for your first rally.Yeah

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
Old 11-04-2006, 01:42 PM   #9
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Repost of post #1

Sierra Nevada Unit #157 Private Forum now open
This is an open invitation to all forum members who belong to the Sierra Nevada Unit #157 of the WBCCI to join our private forum that is now open for business.
If interested you can contact me through pm or through the WBCCI Unit Forums tab.
A special thanks to Andy for making this feature available to the units and to Janet for helping to make it a reality.

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083