Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2017, 05:34 PM   #1

Austin , Texas
Question Searching For WBCCI Member Info

Hi WBCCI Members!

I found an abandoned Sovereign in the woods, it looks like no one has visited it in an extremely long time but it does have a ghost member number. I wouldn't mind purchasing the beautiful Land Yacht but I don't know how to contact the owner? Maybe they are no longer living? Either way I would like to try and find them before trying to go through the motions of an abandoned title. I hope someone can help! The member number is 12372, any assistance would be much appreciated!!

*Dreaming of owning my first Airstream*
AustinMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 06:10 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
12372 is not an active membership number according to WBCCI. I don't think WBCCI maintains past records. Is it on private land?
Old 09-25-2017, 06:19 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Not an active number. Sorry but even if it was would be unable to pass along personal information due to privacy concerns.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 06:43 AM   #4

Austin , Texas
Thanks all, I am hoping the closest people located near the land either own that section of land and it belongs to them or know who it belongs to. It was off a hiking trail I followed from a lake and looks like it hasn't been touched/used in maybe a decade. But, I know you never know! Could be an old hunting "lodge" or just discarded. I was worried the member number may not have been recent or even could have been completely missing a number. And completely understand not being able to pass on any info if it were a member in the directory. Appreciate the responses!! Fingers crossed it belongs to the closest people living to the area.
AustinMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 09:13 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1992 26' Land Yacht
Wickes , Arkansas
I have checked back to the 2010 directory and it was not a listed number back then.
Arkansas Razorback Airstream Club
Squairstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 09:48 AM   #6
1 Rivet Member

2015 30' Flying Cloud
Travelers Rest , South Carolina
I suggest contacting WBBCI DIRECTLY. If they know a number is retired, there may be old records to track it down. Another option, look for pack rat who saved an older directory. It happens.
GallivanGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 12:24 PM   #7
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Taos , New Mexico
Hi - here is what I would both do and be able to do in the county that I live in. The county assessor maintains all property records online and provides a search capability using both a map and street name. They provide all property tax information for each parcel of land. I'm not sure if the county that the trailer resides in has their records searchable online but you may want to start there. Here, I would be able to locate the parcel itself using a map or a street name and would then be able to obtain the mailing address where tax records are sent by the county assessor. I would mail a letter to that address asking if the status of the trailer -
kdickinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 01:03 PM   #8
4 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Gold Country , California
Another option might be to search through the DMV with a liscense plate or VIN number.
NorCal Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 08:04 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinMoon View Post
Hi WBCCI Members!

I found an abandoned Sovereign in the woods, it looks like no one has visited it in an extremely long time but it does have a ghost member number. I wouldn't mind purchasing the beautiful Land Yacht but I don't know how to contact the owner? Maybe they are no longer living? Either way I would like to try and find them before trying to go through the motions of an abandoned title. I hope someone can help! The member number is 12372, any assistance would be much appreciated!!

*Dreaming of owning my first Airstream*
WBCCI membership number 12372 was first assigned in 1965. It may have been assigned multiple times over the decades that followed. Searching over 4 decades of paper Membership Directories to possibly identify member names is too big of a task without more information about the trailer, like it's year and location. If it looks like the trailer has been abandoned for many years or a few decades, the prior assignee's are not likely to be alive, nor likely to have been the last owner. Many people own Airstreams, but never jpin the club. I do not believe a search based upon the WBCCI numbers would be useful.
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote