Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-11-2011, 04:41 PM   #41
Rivet Master

1954 25' Cruiser
Kyle , The Republic of Texas
I've never met Forrest nor Patrice (offline) and more than likely will never have that honor. As others have said - what a sad loss.

Will the power hungry big guys at the top of the WBCCI notice his departure, or care at all? Silly question. Just one less well educated moderate voice advocating for change within the Club - to the advantage of members. Simply put, this huge loss to our Club only amounts to one less voice for them to keep on their lawyer's damn warning list. Butt - I do firmly do believe that "what goes around comes around". It may take some time, but one day their comeuppance will smash their inflated egos.

Rant is now over, for now.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:37 PM   #42

1998 34' Excella 1000
1995 36' Classic 36
Spencerville , Maryland
Wow, it seems like there is so much that I as a simple WBCCI member just simply do not know about and/or understand. A lot of the BS I do hear about reminds me so much of the Masonic infighting I have been dealing with for years. Generally, it comes down to people want the grandeur and respect they feel everyone before them had... but oftentimes don't realize that times have changed and the current membership (younger and not taken with how things were done before) doesn't care for the same things.

Anyway, I love my Airstream moho, I love my family, I love my country, and I just want to enjoy all of them together as much as I can....

Will the WBCCI help me do that? I don't know after looking at the schedule for the upcoming Int'l Rally.
GREENovaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 05:46 PM   #43
4 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
Houston , Texas
Unhappy Shame on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickDavis View Post
The Rick Davis in post 35 is the same one that is was VAC prez for the Burlington, VT rally in 2003.

My recollection of the parking fiasco there was not a problem with the IBT but rather an overloaded parker situation due to a couple incoming caravans arriving late. None the less we were all left sitting for quite a long time before we were able to leave the school ground.

So far as I know I am the only Rick Davis in the club.
There was another one here in Jamestown and it did get interesting when he died a few years ago
Sorry Rick, I certainly stand corrected. (and a little embarrassed).
I thought that Past Prez Shari Davis' hub Rod had also been prez and I mistakenly also mixed the name Rick & Rod. (or is it Rob?)
If all that wasn't bad enough I violated my self imposed rule to not again comment on anything Wally-club or it's offsprings' (VAC) since I do not belong to either.

...aahh..rumm..pu..tum..tummm...
Distantdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:59 AM   #44
WoodNStreamer

1961 22' Flying Cloud
2012 27' FB International
Carlsbad , California
Wow! An independent VAC would be great. Like minded individuals doing what they love without pomp and circumstance. Can anyone imagine an international rally parking scheme with SOB's in the mix -two armed camps. I still get mad about last years Gillette International VAC parking/parade joke. VAC INDEPENDENCE NOW.
WoodN48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wbcci