Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-20-2012, 11:48 AM   #1
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Arrow Revision 2012

Just to let you folks be aware the Revision will be on the 2012 delegates agenda.

Since adequate time as passed to study the suggested Revision to our Bylaws, there is plenty of time now make additional suggested amendments.

Any members/units that desire to propose such amendments should begin discussions within their unit now, and share those ideas with all units.

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:03 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
How does one get a copy of the proposed bylaws?
No one I have asked has seen them.
I do have the proposed constitution
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

RickDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:29 PM   #3
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Every region officer has a copy, ask yours, but remember only the IBT has input on the Bylaws.

But if the Revision is passed the members could have a say in those too!!!

Old 02-20-2012, 06:08 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
Do the region oficers have it now?
It was stated at the presidents talk at FL state that the info on items to be voted on would not be sent to the units until April one due to some provision in Ohio law that it had to be 60 days or less to the vote when it was sent out.
So far as relying on region officers to get it in the hands of the members, that does not seem likely to happen.

This is the kind of stuff that needs to go to every one via constant contact instead of passed through an archaic chain of command.

It would appear we are getting set up for a repeat of what happened last year. Not enough time to evaluate it which was why the constitution vote was delayed.
Our unit meeting will be around April 15 when decisions must be made so that is a very narrow window.
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

Old 02-20-2012, 08:13 PM   #5
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Ri ck to be clear, the Revised Constitution did not change since last years version.

So there's is no need to wait to discuss it within your unit or elsewhere.

Thereafter, suggest amendments if you feel any changes are warranted.

So everybody has it over a year, that's not a narrow window at all!

--------

The Revised Bylaws were presented to the IBT in June/July, the region officers had it about Sept/Oct.

Members per the current Constitution can not amend it as they can the Constitution, it can only be done by the IBT.

Now if someone made a motion to have members .......

Old 02-20-2012, 08:46 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
If the Denco amendment gets enough votes before the International, then the delegates will have the opportunity to review and reject individual bylaws enacted by the IBT. The Denco amendment would only be effective if the delegates reject the new revised constitution since the new constitution would do away with the authority of the delegates to do any voting. We can only hope that the Denco Amendment gets enough units to approve it and that over 33% of the member votes, as voted by the delegates, reject the new constitution.
dwightdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:53 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
My opinion

This is my opinion and only my opinion.

The Denco amendment will not pass, as not enough units will vote in favor. A majority of units will not cast any vote and the motion will fail.

The revised constitution will pass, as is, by the delegates.

This is not intended to be argumentative, just my opinion.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:04 PM   #8
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Bill, last I checked only about 25 units voted on the Denco amendment, so it doesn't look good for passage.

As far as the Revision it will not pass as presented there are several amendments in the wings that I know of, and likely more.

I believe it will pass in a newer better form, time will tell.

Old 02-20-2012, 09:24 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Bob,

Will these amendments be circulated among the units before the international or brought up at that time?

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
Bill, last I checked only about 25 units voted on the Denco amendment, so it doesn't look good for passage.

As far as the Revision it will not pass as presented there are several amendments in the wings that I know of, and likely more.

I believe it will pass in a newer better form, time will tell.
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:39 AM   #10
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkerfoot View Post
Bob,
Will these amendments be circulated among the units before the international or brought up at that time?
Bill
Great question, (communication between units) several of us that were on the Revision committee will request from unit presidents that they forward to us their proposed amendments.

We can see if there are any similar proposals which may be merged or consolidated in some fashion and not have confusion at the delegates meeting.

We also intend to circulate as many proposed amendments back & forth between all units so they have time to discuss them, the Blue Barret needs too much lead time.

We will also ask the unit Presidents for the delegates contact info so all can be on the same page.

We feel that discussion of any proposals in this forum will become a gripe session.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Old 02-21-2012, 06:37 AM   #11
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
I would like to see the proposed bylaws posted somewhere. Possibly WBCCI.org so we have some idea of what is proposed without having to depend on our unit or region structure to provide them in a timely manner.

Am I correct in assuming that the IBT will be the ones that pass the bylaws with any changes they make possibly based on our suggestions?

Further, would it be correct that the bylaws can not be acted on by the IBT until the proposed constitution is passed, which would mean nothing could happen with them until the second IBT meeting at the International?

I believe that support for the constitution change would be stronger if the members had some idea what the proposed bylaws would be.

Also would not an agenda for the IBT meeting be available, with the proposed bylaws (before slicing and dicing) much like the winter IBT meeting.

I am so confused
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

Old 02-21-2012, 11:14 AM   #12
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickDavis View Post
I would like to see the proposed bylaws posted somewhere. Possibly WBCCI.org so we have some idea of what is proposed without having to depend on our unit or region structure to provide them in a timely manner.
Call HQ if you wish, but you should go to the RP, what's your reservation asking your RP?

Quote:
Am I correct in assuming that the IBT will be the ones that pass the bylaws with any changes they make
Yes
Quote:
possibly based on our suggestions?
Possibily

Quote:
Further, would it be correct that the bylaws can not be acted on by the IBT until the proposed constitution is passed,
One has nothing to with the other as far as timing goes IMO

Quote:
I believe that support for the constitution change would be stronger if the members had some idea what the proposed bylaws would be.
But you would be reading a doc that you have no idea what would be passed.

It may be better to pass the Revision with Metro NY amendment giving that authority to the members

Quote:
Also would not an agenda for the IBT meeting be available, with the proposed bylaws (before slicing and dicing) much like the winter IBT meeting.
The agenda is out in draft form I believe, but can be changed before a certain date.

I don't think you'll see the Bylaws on that general agenda since it is only considered by the IBT not the members.

Old 02-21-2012, 04:24 PM   #13
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
Call HQ if you wish, but you should go to the RP, what's your reservation asking your RP?
Two reasons. First off in all my years in region 6 I have never seen any direct communication, newsletter etc. from the region level.. This may not be fair to my current region prez.

Secondly HQ has the ability to send this info out easily and i believe everyone should get it by constant contact, or at least from a web site posting.

The region prez may not have an electronic copy, may not have the capability or time to make one, may be on the road traveling and generally may not be available in a timely manner.

I do not understand the reasoning behind involving 12 region presidents and possibly 100 plus unit presidents when the info should be available to any member who wants it with a few mouse clicks.

The constitution was readily available, why not the proposed bylaws?

Certainly it might make for some griping on the forums, but I expect it would also bring forth some good ideas
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

Old 02-21-2012, 05:21 PM   #14
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickDavis View Post

The region prez may not have an electronic copy, may not have the capability or time to make one, may be on the road traveling and generally may not be available in a timely manner.
He/she absoluly has a copy, make them dig it out and get it on top of their desktop. It would also force them to get another copy if they threw it away

Ask your unit Pres to get a copy from RP.

Rick, I can't help further unless your RP declines to give it to you.

Understand that the Bylaws and Policy revisions are a rough draft.

Old 02-21-2012, 05:30 PM   #15
Country Comfort Farm

1996 34' Excella
Andersonville , Georgia
It has been distributed to the Unit Presidents of Region 3 and I have sent a copy to your email address. Does that meet you need?

Dick
ccfbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:56 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccfbb View Post
It has been distributed to the Unit Presidents of Region 3 and I have sent a copy to your email address. Does that meet you need?

Dick
Thanks Dick, I will sort through it
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

Old 02-22-2012, 01:20 PM   #17
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
I just saw a rough draft of an amendment seeking to eliminate the caucus and revert back to a delegate voting scenario.

Old 02-23-2012, 10:24 AM   #18
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
Suggested method for communicating proposed changes? I have a fair number of proposals that I will offer to our delegate. They are essentially the same as those I presented in the Delegates' Meeting last year. I am happy to receive review and input in advance of the rally in Sedalia. Last year, we had to provide a copy at the rally, in advance of the meeting. I believe it will be the same this year. No copy will be provided to the Delegates.
mbmbstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:31 AM   #19
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Lightbulb

Matt,

Tom S, Kerry M & myself will try and act as central point to get all the proposals and then redistribute them to all unit Presidents and 1st VP's.

We can quick check for duplication by other units that way simplify the process at the meeting.

Do you like that idea?

Old 02-23-2012, 11:50 AM   #20
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
Great idea. That direction needs to go to the delegates...in advance. Can you get that in the April 1 notification?

I will be happy to send mine. Recognize that there are no official changes proposed until the unit business meeting gives direction to their delegate.
mbmbstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote