Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-28-2012, 02:54 PM   #61
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by munimula View Post

To: Unit Presidents
International Board of Trustees
CBL Chairman
Parliamentarian
Recently, unauthorized communications, titled “WBCCI Revision Newsletter”, was sent to all WBCCI Units regarding the 2012 Revision to the Constitution. This issue will be brought before the delegates in June. The group, who distributed the emails, were not authorized to act on WBCCI’s behalf. Unfortunately, these communications could be misconstrued as emails from the Headquarters office and from the club’s governing body. The information provided must not be considered the official response of WBCCI.
Quote:
A Unit or member with questions related to any portion of the proposed constitutional revision should contact the WBCCI Constitution and Bylaws Committee – Chairman, Don Shafer.

Barry Heckenswiler
International President
Thanks for posting this. I have been trying to figure out what was going on, and it looks like this answers the question:

(1) Yes, the revised constitution will be voted on at the Delegates Meeting, but

(2) we will see to it that it does not pass.

The latter is inferred from the fact that questions are being referred to the CBL chairman, who is on record as being vehemently opposed to the revision.

Kind of reminds me of the sheriff talking to the horse thief in an old western: "You'll be given a fair trial, then hanged."
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:22 PM   #62
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Barry

Since I assume you will not answer any e mail sent directly to you so I will ask my question here. Original sent directly.

Historically Don S. was told his Constitutional Committee had no authority in this issue. This was not an amendment but rather a replacement. Have you changed the rules and granted him new authority or have you just succumb to his relentless pressure. Care to answer the question?

Norm had a chance to go down as a leader with the forethought of enacting the changes that might save the Club. He failed.

I all ready have my "cease and desist" letter for e mailing to the membership so don't waist the money on a second one. My bathroom wall has no room for another.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:34 PM   #63
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
If Barry is going to affect Constitutional change - shouldn't broader step have been taken by now? There has been zero conversation from him on the issue. Doesn't his year's term end at International? So many questions?!?!?
Old 03-28-2012, 09:23 PM   #64
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
First we said right from the get go we were volunteering never said we were directed to perform this task, the EC wasn't promoting it as they promised. We took the bull by the horns.

They should be aware that there are certain people that don't want the members (paying members) to communicate.

They are now resorting to censorship, IMO Don is hard at work to stop the Revision from being passed especially giving the members control of the Bylaws if the new amendments are passed.

All unit presidents should be aware you should not communicate with others.

Stay tuned for a more complete reply to this new development.

So now you can't use email, the club has no forum, anyone know smoke signals?

Are we allowed to talk at our spring biz meeting...............better ask Barry
Maybe the lawsuit would have been a good idea in hind sight? Magic beans? You seem surprised at the outcome.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:24 AM   #65
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Here is the response from the revision committee.
(The header has been changed from "WBCCI Revision Newsletter" to "Concerned Club Members")

Quote:

Concerned Club Members
March 28, 2012

2012 Revision to the Constitution

From: Tom Smithson, Matt Hackney, Bob Novak, Kerry Mattila
Re: Executive Committee letter of March 27, 2012

Hello [Unit President]

We are surprised if our previous communications caused any confusion among the various Units within the club. We agree that the titling of our communication with Units may have created that impression.Though we were careful to identify ourselves as a group of volunteer members, and did not use WBCCI logos or letterhead, we agree that it may have caused confusion for some and for that, we apologize

We are also aware of the message forwarded from HQ to all Units, IBT members and others directing any questions on the Revision to Mr. Shafer in his role as the Chair of CBL

We trust that it is in no way your intention to stifle discussion between members and Units to refine proposed amendments to the Revision for the Delegates meeting. We are simply facilitating communications between Units regarding potential DELEGATE motions and are NOT supplanting the role or authority of the Constitution and Bylaws Committee. In our opinion, the interpretation of Article III, after Sec. 9 Policy E is factually incorrect as to the role of the CBL Committee with regard to the preparation a Revision and any amendments to it.Our opinion is consistent with the determination of the Parliamentarian in the formation of the Revision Committee in July 2010 and with the concurrence of the Executive Committee at that time.

Our actions to date have been aimed at fostering open communications between Units, since we have seen little communication with Units since the Delegates meeting in Du Quoin.Ideas to amend the proposed Revision were solicited at Du Quoin, and our aim is to help Units prepare their Delegates for likely proposals at the meeting at Sedalia.There was no other way to communicate with Units and members in a timely fashion to discuss the ideas that emerged at Du Quoin.We fully expect that motions to amend the proposed Revision will be brought forward by Delegates at Sedalia.We hope that the efforts of the club will be focussed on the best outcome of those discussions for the long term benefit of the membership

We continue, as in the past, to be willing to assist the members and Units within the club in any way possible to facilitate an efficient and effective discussion at the Delegates Meeting in Sedalia.

We will discontinue communication with anyone who wishes not to correspond, simply click unsubscribe.

Concerned Club Members
Tom Smithson NorCal, Bob Novak Metro NY, Kerry Matilia Ontario, Matt Hackney Ga.

cc:To: The WBCCI Executive Committee, Cindy Reed, Region Presidents, Unit Presidents, Unit 1 Vice Presidents

Old 03-29-2012, 12:41 PM   #66
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
After posting my above comments I realized that there is in fact a Constitutional Amendment, The Forrest Amendment sponsored by one of the Colorado units before the Club.

In all fairness Barry may have confused that amendment with the Constitutional Revision in which case his comment of addressing questions to Don S would be correct. The Constitution Committee would in fact have jurisdiction if that is the case.

However I doubt that the stress to date of his term in office has confused him to that extent and would remind those concerned with questions about the Constitution Revision direct them to the Constitution Revision Committee address attached, wbccirevision@gmail.com

It is quite imperative that both of these issues get a reasonable consideration by the membership lest we completely relinquish all membership governance of the Club to those who wish to ride off into the sunset in a new motor home.

Old 04-03-2012, 08:24 PM   #67
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
What's a unit to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by munimula View Post
I have posted the 'official' motion documents at the Watchung NJ Unit website...

WBCCI Watchung Unit
Thanks for posting the "official" ballot issues on your web site.

I am replying to your post on the "Letter to Don Shafer" thread on the "Revision 2012" thread because the handling of the revised constitution is really the main topic of this post.

(I might mention in passing that the letter on the MoHo issue that you have posted is somewhat confusing, referring to Four Winds motor homes as it does and being directed to Don Shafer as it is. This "Four Winds" reference applies to the first MoHo amendment that was defeated years ago; the present amendment encompasses any Thor motor home. And this time, Don Shafer doesn't seem to be supporting it; his official opinion letter is neutral and points out that this is the second time this has been brought up.)

But the big question is, what's going to happen to the revised constitution, and are the amendments collected by the revision-committee-renamed-concerned-members going to be brought up for a vote?

Last year the IP declared a protocol for considering the proposed revised constitution whereby individual articles would be discussed, amended if desired, and voted on individually, with a simple majority required for passage, then the whole revised constitution would be voted on, requiring a 2/3 majority for passage.

But then he withdrew his motion to revise the constitution.

This year the IP has not specified how the revised constitution will be considered, and Don Shafer's opinion letter is strongly negative on the subject of amendments by the delegates. If I had to guess, I would guess that this year the IP will put the revised constitution up for a vote as it stands--2/3 majority required for passage--and amendments from the floor will be ruled out of order.

Meanwhile, units are putting together the ballots for their spring business meetings right now. I suppose the safe thing to do is include the known amendments on the unit ballot, so its delegate will know the units' position on each amendment--if it is brought up for a vote.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:36 PM   #68
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Arrow

it will be article by article as required by Roberts rules.

Don's letter is factually false on several issues one is he has no written legal opinion, he told me that last week, he has verbal opinion from a lawyer in this club who is not licensed to practice in Ohio. It is the same one from last year.

We have an authorized and paid for opinion from the clubs law firm supporting and finding no problems with the revision.

Now who do you believe? Don unsubstantiated law interpretation or the clubs lawyer.

there will be a rebuttal letter next week.

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:04 AM   #69
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Talk about too little too late.

Open the WBCCI web page and read the second line printed in red.

http://www.wbcci.org

That clearly sounds as if the Revised Constitution has already passed.

Now for a question. If they are willing to represent it as a Done Deal why wasn't there some level of support throughout the process?

Old 06-02-2012, 11:06 AM   #70
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
That is just a link to the proposed revision and that link has been on the page for many months...

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:15 AM   #71
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
You will find the NEW WBCCI Revised Constitution

Since English is my only language I tend to read thing with that bias. Had it said proposed, suggested, considered, wished-for, anticipated, or future I would not have noted it. The word NEW tends to mean something current, more positive and after the fact.

Old 06-03-2012, 04:19 PM   #72
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Just returned from my Region 2 rally where I gave a talk with Q&A for about an hour well attended appeared to have full support on the revision.

Also touched upon the MH amendment.

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote