Old 02-26-2012, 08:10 AM   #29
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets
ok, but weren't they 1st VP's, they had copies as well.

And they were there?

How could any officer believe that Don S had to approve anything by the Revision committee.

We need better communication in the club.
I wasn't there, since my Caravan arrived that day. I don't know who was or what they were provided. I'm sure you are correct.

Is there a Committee on Bylaws? Wouldn't that committee need to review and provide recommendation on any new Bylaws? Wouldn't the report come from that chair to the IBT?

I read the "revisions" as proposed changes to the proposed Constitution. Those have a separate protocol.

I'm not trying to pick a fight. I will work with you, Kerry, and Tom in anyway I can. As we discussed, I like most of the changes, but will work to KEEP the Delegates Meeting. I believe that small change would have brought passage by the Delegates in DuQuoin.

mbmbstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:01 AM   #30
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmbstreamer View Post
Is there a Committee on Bylaws? Wouldn't that committee need to review and provide recommendation on any new Bylaws? Wouldn't the report come from that chair to the IBT?
No committee, the revision committee (by its chair Dona G) made that report at the International to the EC in turn to the IBT.
A proposed set of bylaws is up to the IBT to pick & choose what they want to accept or or not.

It does not come from the CBL chair, the revised Constitution and/or Bylaws is/was not his responsibility.

Quote:
I read the "revisions" as proposed changes to the proposed Constitution. Those have a separate protocol..
Yes the Constitution is by the delegates and the bylaws as they are now are only by the IBT.

Quote:
I'm not trying to pick a fight. I will work with you, Kerry, and Tom in anyway I can. .
Matt we know each other well enough to realize that.

Quote:
As we discussed, I like most of the changes, but will work to KEEP the Delegates Meeting..
Matt there is a big proposed amendment in the works to change that back to a delegates meeting with improvements, it will be made public soon.

You should like the proposal I expect.

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:59 AM   #31
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
Since our Region President has decided not to distribute communications from above, we are out of the information loop. Who is proposing the changes and what are the changes?

Do they address the large unanswered question of how are the new "Areas" to be formed and who is responsible to do it? If the IBT is the body, it is like leaving the fox in charge of the hen house with no rules other than what he makes up to benefit himself. Region presidents are supposed to be the representatives of the members in the region, but after observing many IBT meeting, they operate mostly in their own self interest. Who on the IBT is willing to step down for the overall benefit of the club? I have not seen any volunteers in the past 17 years.

We need to streamline and reduce the middle management and upper management (reduce overhead costs) within the club to reflect our reduced membership and use modern technology. Demanding that the Area president physically visit all the units within his Area every year will be placing an enormous burden on them in a time when many "Areas" will be forced to handle much larger geographical areas and gas prices are increasing. We currently have problems attracting qualified candidates to volunteer to take Region offices. The new constitution will only make things worse.

A complete analysis of what the "area" structure is to accomplish and be responsible for is required before we jump into this thing. The Florida State Sarasota Rally is bigger than any Region Rally, and is administered by only three units. The SugarCreek rally is bigger than any of the region rallies in the area and is run by one unit. "Area" rallies may be impractical for Areas that are sparsely populated and therefore cover vast geographic areas. Some units like Georgia and Washington area have many more members than some Regions.

Asking us to approve a new constitution without firm plans on how it will be implemented is not a good idea. I have to personally reject the new constitution until better detailed plans are revealed to the membership.

Moving away from only having the ability to do a head nod approval of just what the EC7 and IBT proposals is a a good thing. Delegates' meetings have to stay.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:47 AM   #32
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Dwight, you are asking questions which the former committee will be happy to answer.

But we ask that my question be answered to better reply, is the earlier statement by you above referring to Region four's President?

Old 02-27-2012, 08:37 AM   #33
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
Per the WBCCI directory, Illinois is in Region 5 for now and Region 5 has 300 members. They can not get a 1st Vice President to step forward. Wisconsin is part of Region 7 which has a grand total of 170 members. To make Areas with equal representation for their members, some Regions need to be eliminated.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:19 PM   #34
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwightdi View Post
Since our Region President has decided not to distribute communications from above, we are out of the information loop. Who is proposing the changes and what are the changes?
I guess my question is are you willing to just sit there and allow your Region President to exercise that lever of censorship? That level of apathy is what has lead us to the current conditions within the Club.

Call Jackson and get a copy of the information package and disseminate it to your membership. Each unit can then conduct and informed vote. I trust your Region President would could not and would not suppress the results of a constitutional convened meeting. A Regional President only has ONE VOTE within his or her unit. Limit them to that.

As for your comments that reducing the number of unit might effect the attendance at Regional Rallies you yourself have noted that several rallies currently are over attended when compared to most Region rallies. May I say attendance is a function of what the rally offers and not a function of distance. Fl State, Alumapalooza, The Can Opener, The Bash, and most WDCU rallies all pull attendees from much larger areas than any reconfigured Region would. The attraction being the content of these rallies. Every one of these rallies has had an attendee that traveled over 1,000 miles to attend.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:18 PM   #35
4 Rivet Member

Northern Illinois , Illinois
The President of region 5 is Louise Humble. Having been a member of region 5 in the past and having been on a caravan with Louise I don't believe that she would intentionally try to censor or obstruct discussion of this motion. It's not even March yet and we are already starting the conspiracy theories.

Don't get me wrong as I am not a supporter of the IBT as I believe that they are ruining the club to protect their self interest. However, I believe in being fair to all. Cheap shots don't help anyone.

2008 Classic 34
Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab CTD

AIR #7317 WBCCI #1772 TAC-IL 1
Air Apparent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:51 AM   #36
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Nowhere , Somewhere
Then why was the info not sent out? jim
Old 02-29-2012, 06:51 AM   #37
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Jim it was in most Regions

These were provided to the IBT in October of 2011, meaning each Region president but were not considered at the Midwinter IBT as that consideration was stopped by the Chair of the CBL Mr. Schafer.

The CBL chair has and I suspect will continue to oppose these changes despite the willingness of the EC to embrace the Revision.

Anyone wishing to obtain a copy wbccirevision@gmail.com

Old 02-29-2012, 06:55 AM   #38
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebird View Post
The President of region 5 is Louise Humble. Having been a member of region 5 in the past and having been on a caravan with Louise I don't believe that she would intentionally try to censor or obstruct discussion of this motion.

It may not have been R5
Dwight has left us in a guessing game as to which RP said that which could mean it was not a fact.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:59 AM   #39
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
Last month, when I found out, from this forum, there were some proposals around from the Revision Committee, I asked her about them. She got back to me that she had received a couple in October but had been told by a "national officer" that they were "unofficial" and then she decided not to distribute them. I asked her what was the reason they were not discussed at the January IBT, but she did not reply. I have now received the proposals from sources on this forum. Thanks. I still need to understand where the current EC and IBT stand on whether they will push them forward. It has been very quiet from the top lately.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:12 AM   #40
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
Dwight, on a face to face with all of the EC they stated emphatically they support it - for the club to survive.

As to the Region officers hard to say.

But it really is of little import at this point in time what they feel because it is in the hands of the members thru their respective delegates.

What I did last year was give a talk with Q&A at the Region 2 rally and that was great, we had majority support at that time.

Old 02-29-2012, 12:00 PM   #41
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwightdi View Post
She got back to me that she had received a couple in October but had been told by a "national officer" that they were "unofficial" and then she decided not to distribute them.
That particular National Officer clearly had an agenda and your Regional President fell for it or also supports the censorship. You might ask her if she thinks Jackson Center is in the habit or has the time to distribute UNOFFICIAL material.

Glade to hear you have a copy and I hope you will distribute it to your unit and call for a vote on it.

I believe that close to 1,000 man hours of conference phone calls within the committee went into the creation of the Revisions. That level of dedication warrants a fair consideration by the membership and not just discounted by a few self serving individuals.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:47 AM   #42
Rivet Master

Just got my March copy of the WBCCI Blue Beret.

No mention of MOHO's and voting!

No mention of a New Constitution and voting!

Since the Mid-Winter IBT meeting very little thread happenings here on Airforums about the MOHO issue and voting (compared to past years)

Since the Mid-Winter IBT meeting very little thread happenings here on Airforums about the New Constitution issue and voting (compared to past years)

It would appear few if any really care anymore about either subject compared to past years and the amount of energy that went out either for/against each subject.

What's that old saying:

Step on my toes once, shame on you!
Step on my toes twice, shame on me!
Step on my toes a third time, don't really care, numb from the pain of the first two times.

Looks like the leaders of the WBCCI will get to sit around and read their New WBCCI Constitution while enjoying their new THOR MOHO.

Vote them both in so we can move onto a more important issue like how to get more THOR MOHO and Airstream owners to join the club so they can pay for IBT/EC7 roadshows.

Enjoy the voting,