Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-30-2022, 12:24 PM   #1301
60R
2 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Waco , Texas
Riley 4778

I purchased a 2014 25FBT in the Austin area from AS dealer in December. The trailer had a registration tag from Travis county so previous owner must have lived in the Austin area. The round AS registration medallion says Riley. There are ghosted club numbers and letters on the back 4778 along with what was a decal RILEY. Would just like to have history on maintenance, approximate miles towed and where it has been.
60R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 10:25 PM   #1302

1965 17' Caravel
Richardson , Texas
My father and I recently acquired a 1965 Caravel 17' and we intend to restore it. It appears to have ghost number 15469 on the front and rear. Is there any history to be learned from these numbers? Thanks in advance!
BMGmotors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 01:33 PM   #1303
2 Rivet Member

Corona , CA
Big Red Number Assigned

We just joined the Airstream club and we are assigned a number starting with a "0" Does anyone know if we can just drop the 0 off the first number when placing it on the trailer?
Uke player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 10:56 AM   #1304
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uke player View Post
We just joined the Airstream club and we are assigned a number starting with a "0" Does anyone know if we can just drop the 0 off the first number when placing it on the trailer?
The "leading "0" does not go on the trailer. Your actual number is just 4 digits (unless it is 5-digits with a leading "1", "2", or "3", rather than a "0").

The leading "0" (or multiple "0's" in the case of those members with 1, 2, or 3-digit numbers - but that is another story) is just an artifact that is required in the membership database on the the club computer system.
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 09:12 AM   #1305
Rivet Master

2022 27' Globetrotter
DALLAS , TX
My wife and I are about to become Airstream owners (in the next couple of weeks, if Airstream will manage to finish manufacturing our trailer, lol).

Will join WBCCI pretty soon. Would like to peruse the currently assigned numbers and choose an available number that is meaningful to us before we apply for membership.

Could I trouble a current member to share the current list with me? Please send me a private message and I'll provide my email address.
foobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 09:27 AM   #1306
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
The member list is very large and private for the members.

When you come up with some numbers that are personal, special, or of significance to you or your trailer call ACI (WBCCI) and check if those numbers are available.

If not they will assign you the next number available when you get your membership and you can get it changed later.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 02:56 PM   #1307
Rivet Master

2022 27' Globetrotter
DALLAS , TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittenstiehl View Post
The member list is very large and private for the members.

When you come up with some numbers that are personal, special, or of significance to you or your trailer call ACI (WBCCI) and check if those numbers are available.

If not they will assign you the next number available when you get your membership and you can get it changed later.
Gotcha. Will do. Thanks for the prompt response.
foobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 03:15 PM   #1308

1964 19' Globetrotter
PARAPARAUMU , Wellington
We have just purchased a 1964 Globetrotter and on the name plate under the serial number are stamped four digits (6310). Is it common/likely this is a membership number? If not is there anything else this would relate to?
Ghastlythith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 06:58 AM   #1309
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghastlythith View Post
We have just purchased a 1964 Globetrotter and on the name plate under the serial number are stamped four digits (6310). Is it common/likely this is a membership number? If not is there anything else this would relate to?
The "6310", indicates the trailer was built in October 1963. The California plant often stamped the build date like that in the early 1960s and maybe late 1950s. Ohio never did to my knowledge.
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

Old 07-27-2022, 09:58 AM   #1310
4 Rivet Member

1985 34' Limited
1960 24' Tradewind
Summerville , South Carolina
Recently purchased a 1985 34' Limited which spent most of its life in Texas as I understand. I have ghost numbers of 4369 on front and rear. Could you tell me the information you might have on this number? Also, thinking about joining the WBCCI and will inquire if that number happens to be available since I would like to go back with the same number. Thanks in advance for any information you may provide.
Bill
Old 08-08-2023, 09:26 PM   #1311
2 Rivet Member

1965 20' Globetrotter
Sacramento , California
Ghost BRN ‘65 Globe Trotter

Hello!
Reviving this thread in the hopes to find some info. We are the 4th owner (we think) of our ‘65 Globe Trotter, serial number is SO 20 5020, built in Santa Fe Springs, CA. I’d like to know some history of the BRN ghost numbers that we can make out. Could be 19032, 19832, 19632 or any of these possibly without the “1”. Can you tell me what the right number was on this trailer and what years, and is it available today?

The original owner was McDowell of Walnut Grove, until sometime in the 80s, then the Fletchers in Northern California into the 90s; the Perez family of Penn Valley CA sold her to us in 2014.

We would LOVE to know if she went to any caravans/rallies!

We greatly appreciate any help, knowing it’s extremely time consuming to do this.
Jayne and Brian
jakes_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2023, 01:06 PM   #1312
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakes_mama View Post
Hello!
Reviving this thread in the hopes to find some info. We are the 4th owner (we think) of our ‘65 Globe Trotter, serial number is SO 20 5020, built in Santa Fe Springs, CA. I’d like to know some history of the BRN ghost numbers that we can make out. Could be 19032, 19832, 19632 or any of these possibly without the “1”. Can you tell me what the right number was on this trailer and what years, and is it available today?

The original owner was McDowell of Walnut Grove, until sometime in the 80s, then the Fletchers in Northern California into the 90s; the Perez family of Penn Valley CA sold her to us in 2014.

We would LOVE to know if she went to any caravans/rallies!

We greatly appreciate any help, knowing it’s extremely time consuming to do this.
Jayne and Brian
The club did not keep records of the serial numbers of Airstream owned by members, so we cannot tell you what the BRN might have been. I can tell you that 19XXX BRNs were first assigned in 1967, thus first appearing in the 1968 Membership Directory. I spot checked a few directories between 1968 and 1979 and never saw a McDowell from Walnut Grove, nor a McDowell with any 19XXX (or 9XXX) BRN listed in the years I checked. The only way to proceed is to be able to confidently and correctly read the actual BRN on the trailer. Manual lookup in old paper directories (there is no electronic database) takes way too much effort to do based upon a best guess. I have done too many lookups that the person then says "Oops, I read the number wrong, it is actually . . .". Best option, post some photos of the BRN from different viewing angles and maybe someone online can read it.
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

Old 08-12-2023, 02:26 PM   #1313
2 Rivet Member

1965 20' Globetrotter
Sacramento , California
Thank you for your efforts, Joe! I will see if I can get some good front pics when I get her out of storage soon.
Cheers!
Old 08-30-2023, 12:39 AM   #1314
4 Rivet Member

1963 19' Globetrotter
1967 17' Caravel
1974 29' Ambassador
Top of the 395 , British Columbia
Hi Joe. I feel like I’ve asked this before, but it might have been for my Ambassador.

I have a ‘63 GT with 9048 ghost numbers. I know it was originally delivered to West Virginia from SFS in 1963. Any more info you can find? Do you know if that number is currently assigned?

Thanks, James
redthies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 09:43 AM   #1315
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by redthies View Post
Hi Joe. I feel like I’ve asked this before, but it might have been for my Ambassador.

I have a ‘63 GT with 9048 ghost numbers. I know it was originally delivered to West Virginia from SFS in 1963. Any more info you can find? Do you know if that number is currently assigned?

Thanks, James
Hi James,
If you have read much of this thread, you will notice that I have tried to answer the questions in the order asked. While I have made some quick replies that did not require research on my part since about the beginning of 2022, I have just gotten busy and am not caught up on digging thru old paper Membership Directories (there is no electronic database) to put together BRN histories since then. I have your request as about 10th place on my unanswered list for this thread. Hopefully some day I will get back to answering requests on this thread, but right now do not have the time to devote to this task. Some of the answers probably take up to an hour each to research and write up, though some go a bit quicker. Thanks for your understanding.
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

Old 09-02-2023, 08:51 PM   #1316
2 Rivet Member

1965 20' Globetrotter
Sacramento , California
‘65 GT ghost BRNs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Overlander View Post
The club did not keep records of the serial numbers of Airstream owned by members, so we cannot tell you what the BRN might have been. I can tell you that 19XXX BRNs were first assigned in 1967, thus first appearing in the 1968 Membership Directory. I spot checked a few directories between 1968 and 1979 and never saw a McDowell from Walnut Grove, nor a McDowell with any 19XXX (or 9XXX) BRN listed in the years I checked. The only way to proceed is to be able to confidently and correctly read the actual BRN on the trailer. Manual lookup in old paper directories (there is no electronic database) takes way too much effort to do based upon a best guess. I have done too many lookups that the person then says "Oops, I read the number wrong, it is actually . . .". Best option, post some photos of the BRN from different viewing angles and maybe someone online can read it.

Hi again Joe!
Got her out of storage, asked every neighbor walking by to see if they could see the middle number of my ghost BRNs…the consensus is…drum roll…a zero! So…

This is the number we would want to know who owned it at the time, and especially whether it’s been to any caravans or rallies. Also, we are wanting to get these numbers, if possible, when we sign up for the WBCCI membership!

I know this is an extremely time consuming activity for you, and we appreciate your expansive knowledge and effort. Whenever you have the time to research and respond is totally fine…no hurry.

When we see you out there on the road, the round is on me!

Thanks a million,
Jayne and Brian
Old 10-02-2023, 10:17 PM   #1317

brooklyn , New York
WBCCI number 9636

Hello all, I am looking for an Airstream that my grandparents had when I was a kid. Does anyone out there know where this Airstream might be?
mlenore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 06:04 AM   #1318
Rivet Master

2015 20' Flying Cloud
Kingsport , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlenore View Post
Hello all, I am looking for an Airstream that my grandparents had when I was a kid. Does anyone out there know where this Airstream might be?

Hi,

The number doesn't necessarily stay with a particular trailer, it belongs to the owner, until they drop from the club; then, someone else could get that number for their trailer. So your grandparents' number, 9636, is a membership number that's currently available, but there's not really a way to locate their original trailer using that number.
WBCCI #1051
LNBright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 02:17 PM   #1319

Estancia , New Mexico
BRN request

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Overlander View Post
This is just a quick note to all who are posting requests on this thread. This summer has been an extremely busy one for me, so I have not yet had the time to do the requested lookups, which do each take a considerable amount of time searching thru old paper membership directories. A few easy ones might take 10 minutes to research and write up, but 30 minutes per request is more typical with the most complex ones even longer. As I don't get paid to do this, I only tackle these requests when my personal time allows. I am hoping that things will slow down and I can get back to answering such requests later this fall. Thank you for your understanding.

P.S. And just a reminder that the more information you provide with your request the better. At a minimum, I need the Big Red Numbers (though there may only be ghost outlines of them now) and year and model of the Airstream. It really helps if I know when and where you got it.

P.P.S. I do not provide information newer than about the year 2000 due to privacy concerns. I typically only do lookups for the owners of an Airstream, not for curiosity about something you are considering buying or saw on the side of the road during your travels. I just don't have the time for those types of lookups. I rarely do lookups for a BRN you were recently assigned, but that is not on a vintage Airstream you own.

P.P.P.S. I can do reverse lookups if you want to know your parents or grandparent Big Red Numbers, but in that case I need their names, where they lived, and the approximate years you believe they were members.

P.P.P.S. I provide answers in the order that the requests were posted, so when I do get back to answering them, it might take me a while to got to your request.

Hi Joe,

I appreciate all the time and effort you put into these requests. No hurry on this as I know your time is valuable. My wife and I are new ACI members after purchasing our first Airstream. We have a BRN but would like to change to what my grandparents had. They lived in Laramie, Wyoming and had a 1965 Caravel (same year as the Laramie International Rally). Their names were Ray and Mary Baker. Grandpa could be listed as Raymond Baker or J. Raymond Baker. My brother has a vague memory of a number something in the 4XXX range but hoping you can find them by name if that is still possible. They owned the trailer from 1965 until at least my grandfather's death in 1982. Pulled it with originally a 65 Dodge Coronet and then a 1971 Bronco. He thought it was great having gone from Missouri to Wyoming in a wagon when he was 8. Many thanks for your work and would love to know and obtain (if it is unused) their BRN. Thank You!
JKB60 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wbcci, wbcci number