Old 09-18-2007, 10:00 PM   #29
Rivet Master

1968 30' Sovereign
1959 18' "Footer"
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Brussels , Wisconsin
Region 7 Interview

Well I had my telephone interview with the Region 7 Nominating Committee tonight and they had some great questions. A majority of the questions were related to my answers to the list of questions provided to me earlier this month. It was interesting to hear the questions regarding declining membership, costs, use of volunteers, and the relationship between the VAC and the WBCCI. I noted that there was concern (questions) regarding how I saw myself in the Region and how my past involvement in the VAC would influence my activities as a Region officer, there seems to be some concern. I hope I was able to describe my intentions as a Region officer and among those intentions are to draw more members by providing activities that of are if interest to younger members. I was also asked if I was willing to ride this out for the six years that the office requires, my answer is of course. I did explain that I am in this to make change, radical change and I know that it wonít happen over night. I also stated that I want to question all that is describe as ďthis is the way we have always done itĒ, we need to evaluate all the WBCCI practices.

All in the entire interview was conducted in a very friendly and open manner, I was made to feel at ease. Credit for this goes to the interviewers. All I can say it was conducted with the concerns of the Region at the heart of the matter and was a very positive experience

Thanks guys for taking the time to listen!
Ed

Old 09-18-2007, 10:05 PM   #30

Charleston , South Carolina
Sounds like you had a good experience. That is great to hear.

Change is imperative.

Old 09-19-2007, 10:09 PM   #31
Rivet Master

1968 30' Sovereign
1959 18' "Footer"
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Brussels , Wisconsin
Not a Region 7 VP

Hello All
Just as an FYI. I was notified today that the Region 7 Nominating Committee is recommending Joan as the next Region 2nd VP. I wish her and the Region good luck.
Ed
Old 09-19-2007, 10:26 PM   #32
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Ed,

That was the outcome I anticipated. As I understand the ballots sent to the unit include a slot for a write-in candidate. Do you plan to continue to campaign?

Best,
Nuvi
Old 09-20-2007, 12:45 AM   #33
2 Rivet Member

Windham , New Hampshire
Region 7 2nd VP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Emerick
Hello All
Just as an FYI. I was notified today that the Region 7 Nominating Committee is recommending Joan as the next Region 2nd VP. I wish her and the Region good luck.
Ed
Nice try Ed!

You must have scared the heck out of them! Looks like peer pressure is still strong in Region 7!

I'm sure, you will get in in 2009! Most of the regions are now having trouble filling these key baseline positions. As the club leadership ages there will be more opportunities.

Hell, I might even throw my hat in the ring in 2010!

In the mean time we need to support those new leaders who understand the desires of the new breed of Airstreamers, and help them anyway we can!

WAM
Old 09-20-2007, 10:42 AM   #34
3 Rivet Member

1985 25' Sovereign
St Cloud , Minnesota
The selection was sent to the Region President along with the questionaire and responses. The recommendation was made that when the ballot is distributed to the Unit presidents, per the blue book, that the questions and responses be included. It is up the Unit presidents/membership to determine how they will use the info. I hope all units get the oppurtunity to see the high quality of both of the candidates.

The MN unit has voted to include the responses as part of a mail-in ballot.
WBCCI #7528
MN Unit
pyanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:50 AM   #35
3 Rivet Member

1985 25' Sovereign
St Cloud , Minnesota
As I promised in an earlier post. Here are the questions for which the NC requested a written response. As the NC has completed its assigned task now is the time to share with others. This may or may not be of help. The questions were designed to help gather information. We had a short time to put this together I would expect it to be refined as time goes by, but it gave us a starting point.

Hello,

The Region 7 nominating committee has developed the following list of questions to help the committee and the membership develop a clear picture of the qualifications of all candidates for the office of 2nd VP. Please respond to all the questions. Your responses will be made available to the general membership when the nominating committee has completed its assigned business. Thank you for your offer to serve our organization.

• Please read WBCCI Blue Book Bylaws and Policy, pages 20-26. Ref. Item D Guidelines for Qualifications and Requirements of the Region President's Position. (These can be found on WBCCI.ORG under General Info pull down tab) Are you willing to support these guidelines as outlined in Item D above? Please explain the reasoning for your answer.
  • Communication is important in any organization. Please discuss your communication skills and how you will use them in your dealings with the units of Region 7, other Region 7 staff, and the International body of the WBCCI?
  • Please explain your vision of how the WBCCI can refine its practices and improve its image to the nonmember Airstream owners.
  • Please explain how you would improve retention of current members and improve the activity level of the membership.
  • Other than communication, what is the most important skill you will bring to the leadership of Region 7 and why is it important?
  • An organization should strive to meet the needs of all of its members. Please explain how you will do this during your tenure as a Region 7 officer?
  • Please make any comments that you think are pertinent regarding your decision to serve Region7.

WBCCI #7528
MN Unit
pyanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 06:12 PM   #36
Rivet Master

1968 30' Sovereign
1959 18' "Footer"
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Brussels , Wisconsin
Answers to the questions

Attached are my answers to the Region 7 NC's questions. Nothing earth shattering!
Ed
Attached Files
File Type: doc Region 7 questions.doc (46.0 KB, 69 views)
Old 09-20-2007, 06:23 PM   #37
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Emerick
Attached are my answers to the Region 7 NC's questions. Nothing earth shattering!
Ed
Atta boy!

Well stated...

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | WBCCI DenCO Unit | Sisters on the Fly | Tin Can Tourists
BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 07:19 PM   #38
Rivet Master

Thanks for trying!

Ed,

I read your responses, I like what you said, I guess they did not. After reading it, I'm not surprised they passed. What's sad, you could have said what they wanted to hear and maybe got the green light, but I'm sure that's not you style. Glad to see you were honest.

I do have a question, "Does the NC for each Region decided for themselves or do they also get input from the IBT on whom they should pick?"

I could see someone that maybe loved by their Region still getting passed over if they have "PO'd" the IBT in the past, if the IBT has any say in the matter. I not trying to say that's what happened here, but I could see it happening to say someone like myself . Not that I ever plan to run, but it could be fun to stir the pot.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:01 AM   #39
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyanke
The selection was sent to the Region President along with the questionaire and responses. The recommendation was made that when the ballot is distributed to the Unit presidents, per the blue book, that the questions and responses be included. It is up the Unit presidents/membership to determine how they will use the info. I hope all units get the oppurtunity to see the high quality of both of the candidates.

The MN unit has voted to include the responses as part of a mail-in ballot.
That is great. I wish my previous unit distributed information like that. I would have grown as a member so much quicker. Not only does it help the voting but it helps the future leaders of the club and members to appreciate the seat.

Ed your answers were very thorough and specific and it seems you have a good grasp of the club situation and the right ideas for growing it and moving it ahead.

What I would like to see is the answers to that questionaire from the nominated candidate.

Actually I would like to see all such recorded and available to all club members. I would think access to all the answers from all the candidates would be invaluable to both member and officer or running delegate alike. The more we listen and learn the better we will be. We would all WIN! This is the stuff the Blue Beret should be made of. Please, I want MORE!

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 12:24 PM   #40
2 Rivet Member

1959 18' "Footer"
1968 30' Sovereign
1988 29' Excella
Appleton , Wisconsin
The questionnaires and resumes are officially posted!

The official posting of the questionnaires and resumes from candidates Ed Emerick and Joan Lahr, candidates for the position of 2nd VP Region 7, are available to all on the Wisconsin Unit website, WBCCI Wisconsin - Region 7, Unit 116

Please read and become informed to cast your ballot!
Old 10-18-2007, 01:17 PM   #41
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
1963 19' Globetrotter
1970 29' Ambassador
Waukesha , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwagon
The official posting of the questionnaires and resumes from candidates Ed Emerick and Joan Lahr, candidates for the position of 2nd VP Region 7, are available to all on the Wisconsin Unit website, WBCCI Wisconsin - Region 7, Unit 116

Please read and become informed to cast your ballot!
Thanks for the posting!

Though both are good candidates, Ed's responses certainly paint a vision of the club I want to belong to. Let's hope that whomever gets elected will help take the club in that direction.
http://byamcaravanner.blogspot.com/
byamcaravanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 09:03 AM   #42
Rivet Master

1968 30' Sovereign
1959 18' "Footer"
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Brussels , Wisconsin
Region 7 Picks VP

I just wanted to let my supporters know that I was notified today that I did not win the Region's VP election. As most of you know I was a write in. What was interesting was the way I found out that I lost, by reading my Region's newsletter...................
An odd way to be told I think.