Old 08-23-2007, 02:14 PM   #29
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Send a message via AIM to rickandsandi
Hi Kristine-

As I mentioined earlier; Dan Dureiko #29072, Cape Cod Unit President is the candidate endorsed by the nominating committee for Region 1 and so presented at the R1 Fall Business meeting. Me being the newbie on the block he has more years in the organization than I do and that may be the reason he received the nomination.

Yes, as you move up you are 'honored' with a three digit WBCCI number. I like my number and it should always be a reminder of whence we came rather than were we are going.

Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
rickandsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 02:18 PM   #30
Classic 325 MH

1985 32.5' Airstream 325
Rochester , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickandsandi
Hi Kristine-

As I mentioined earlier; Dan Dureiko #29072, Cape Cod Unit President is the candidate endorsed by the nominating committee for Region 1 and so presented at the R1 Fall Business meeting. Me being the newbie on the block he has more years in the organization than I do and that may be the reason he received the nomination.

Yes, as you move up you are 'honored' with a three digit WBCCI number. I like my number and it should always be a reminder of whence we came rather than were we are going.
Hi Rick,

Do you know if we as members will get information to help us know who the candidates are and what their reasons are for running, what they hope to accomplish etc?

Sorry, Rick, if you feel like you are getting slammed. I am thrilled to have a voting choice as it appears that doesn't happen very easiliy in this club!

Do you know if Dan is on the forums to even consider sharing his positions with us?

Regards,
Kristine

WBCCI # 5971
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 02:26 PM   #31
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
To be honest, I do not know if he is on the forum or not. I would imagine if he were he would have chimmed in by now and I would invite him to do so. A ballot and a copy of both of our resumes were given to each R1 president to present at their fall business meeting which is when each unit is to vote. The majority vote will give the unit one vote to cast to the Regional Board. The candidate with the most votes will be seated at the next R1 2ndVP. I personally have a good feel for how each of the six units in our region will vote which will most likely cause a tie. I am not sure what happens at that point but would imagine the sitting R1 Board would break the tie. I have sent an additional copy of my resume and my cover letter as noted at the begining of this thread to each unit.
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Old 08-23-2007, 02:31 PM   #32
Rivet Master

1998 31' Excella 1000
South Berwick , Maine
Quote:
Hi Kristine-

What's so special about a 3 digit number. When I joined I requested a 5 digit number because it really meant something. I like rallies where they give away door prizes to the highest number; I've never won, but I like knowing I'm in the game. My Mom tried to have a certain 3 digit number retired and even presented a signed petition to ???? but it fell on deaf ears. The "owners" of these numbers were true Airstream and WBCCI ambassadors, worldwide travelers. We carried those numbers with us proudly displayed in their honor. Sorry to get off topic. Leo, please attend a NEU event and I will am looking forward to attending a Metro rally.
peegreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 02:34 PM   #33
Classic 325 MH

1985 32.5' Airstream 325
Quote:
To be honest, I do not know if he is on the forum or not. I would imagine if he were he would have chimmed in by now and I would invite him to do so. A ballot and a copy of both of our resumes were given to each R1 president to present at their fall business meeting which is when each unit is to vote. The majority vote will give the unit one vote to cast to the Regional Board. The candidate with the most votes will be seated at the next R1 2ndVP. I personally have a good feel for how each of the six units in our region will vote which will most likely cause a tie. I am not sure what happens at that point but would imagine the sitting R1 Board would break the tie. I have sent an additional copy of my resume and my cover letter as noted at the begining of this thread to each unit.
Rick, will the unit votes be tallied and added to other unit tallied votes for a grand total or is it the NEU winner is the vote the NEU unit has (1 vote) and each unit has their 1 winning vote for an overal total of 6 votes?
WBCCI # 5971
Old 08-23-2007, 02:41 PM   #34
Classic 325 MH

1985 32.5' Airstream 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by peegreen
What's so special about a 3 digit number. When I joined I requested a 5 digit number because it really meant something. I like rallies where they give away door prizes to the highest number; I've never won, but I like knowing I'm in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peegreen
My Mom tried to have a certain 3 digit number retired and even presented a signed petition to ???? but it fell on deaf ears. The "owners" of these numbers were true Airstream and WBCCI ambassadors, worldwide travelers. We carried those numbers with us proudly displayed in their honor.
Those numbers belonged to your mom's trailer! How sad she had to fight like that.

This is why I get upset with the club and the politics of it all. Where was the history of the club present when this decision was being made or when they even made the decision to give the club officers the low numbers?
WBCCI # 5971
Old 08-23-2007, 03:10 PM   #35
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy
Rick, will the unit votes be tallied and added to other unit tallied votes for a grand total or is it the NEU winner is the vote the NEU unit has (1 vote) and each unit has their 1 winning vote for an overal total of 6 votes?
Yes, each unit member present at their fall business meeting will vote in accordance to that units constitution. The winner of that vote will receive the units one vote to Region 1.
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Old 08-23-2007, 03:12 PM   #36
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy
Hi Rick,

Do you know if we as members will get information to help us know who the candidates are and what their reasons are for running, what they hope to accomplish etc?

Sorry, Rick, if you feel like you are getting slammed. I am thrilled to have a voting choice as it appears that doesn't happen very easiliy in this club!

Do you know if Dan is on the forums to even consider sharing his positions with us?

Regards,
Kristine
Kristine,

Dan contributes to either the Yahoo Airsteam list and/or the Vintage Airstream List, hosted by Tom Patterson. You might try posting a question over there and see what happens.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 05:38 PM   #37
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Suburbia , Sunny So Cal
IMHO aspects of our club need modernizing.

I will support any canidate who is trying to move our Club out of the doldrums.

Red Jackets, Number of regions or Flag cerimonies are not important issues to me.

What is important to me is:

Voting, One member one vote. be you a MAL or in a Unit.

Family friendly. Kids and Dogs like to camp too.

A concept in leadership wherin the leaders serve the Members.

Removal of class distinctions parking, feeding etc.

Streamlining of the formation of new Units. If all the Units in your area don't fit you and nine of your friends it needs to be fast and easy to form a new Unit.

Thank you for your indulence.

WBCCI 6731 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 10:16 PM   #38
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65GT
I don't care if the membership numbers dictated that there were only three regions, East, West, Central. It's all about services and for my money I don't think 300 people need the overhead of a Region. In fact I think it's a pretty sad state of affairs that this region reduction wasn't done five years ago.
Leo,

Just out of curiosity, how much does it actually cost to maintain a region? Are region officers on the double-secret WBCCI payroll? Or do you just want to reduce the number of supernumerary officers?

Thanks,
Nuvi
Old 08-24-2007, 06:06 AM   #39
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Quote:
Dan is on this forum but not a frequent visitor. I just sent him an email alerting him to what is going on. DFDureiko is his handle by the way...

I'm making up a check box list in anticiption of a run-off...

__

I am not sure of what you mean by run-off. Currently there are two candidates for the 2nd VP position, Dan and myself.
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Old 08-24-2007, 11:10 AM   #40
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Quote:
It's a work in progress but something along these lines (attached)...
Good morning Leo- Let me help you fill in some of the blanks on your sheet; No on merging the trwo regions. 22 units in one region I feel at this time is too much area for the Regional Officers as it is currently set-up.

Airstream only, yes. This organization was created to celebrate the Airstream, the Airstream lifestyle and those who own and love their Airstreams.

WBCCI jackets and Hats, Yes. I believe that there are traditions which we as a club should retain and the dress code and flags are a very important part of our history.

MAL- I wouldn't want to totally eliminate members at large, but I would rather see them associated with a unit. But, even MAL's should be allowed to vote on issues just a regular members.

Membership final vote on Delegate Meetings- Currently during a vote at International with propsals changing on the floor it would be impossible to have membership at large vote on the issues. That is the responsibility of the delegate to be totally informed of their units feelings and vote accordingly.

Programs to retain membership- I feel that there needs to be more communication and accurate information going out to the membership. As nice as the BB is, it is very lacking in content and coverage of information. We should take a very serious look at the BB and make it more informative as to what we do.

What types of programs increase member retention- For many, many years we have been loosing members. I do not recall there ever being a serious investigation into why members are leaving. There may have been but I haven't seen it. Whenever attacking a problem like to get to the root cause of the problem before looking for solutions. I would recommend a serious inquiry and survey be established ASAP to interview/question past members as to why they left the club. We need to also survey all our units as to what they are doing at the grass roots level and review what is working and what is not. What makes some units more active in growth than others.

Families are becoming more and more important to our base membership. I am not saying that the club ever inglored families, but our demographics are changing. More two income families with youngsters. I would love to see a Junior WBCCI Member program looked into. Special activities and rallies formulated around the 5 to 13 year olds in our club.

As for official positions prior in WBCCI, other than an active dedicated member who always volunteers when ever needed I have not yet held office. At this years fall business meeting I will be seated as a unit trustee. I feel very strong in keeping the club alive and fun for everyone and believe it is time for new blood, ideas and leadership.
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Old 08-24-2007, 11:52 AM   #41
Site Team

1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
Rick ~ I have been following this thread with great interest and I wish you the best of luck. You stated earlier that you were helping to draft a proxy voting amendment for the club. Could you explain how that might work?

I had drafted such an amendment and when I had it reviewed by some others it was found to be flawed. The major problem is when changes are made from the floor.

I feel that delegate votes on constitutional amendments has gotten out of hand. The constitution provides for another means of passing amendments which I perfer. My unit and several others did not have a delegate to the Perry International and our 25 votes went uncounted. The delegate vote should be limited to emergency items that can not wait for a vote from all the units.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 12:42 PM   #42
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster
Rick ~ I have been following this thread with great interest and I wish you the best of luck. You stated earlier that you were helping to draft a proxy voting amendment for the club. Could you explain how that might work?

I had drafted such an amendment and when I had it reviewed by some others it was found to be flawed. The major problem is when changes are made from the floor.

I feel that delegate votes on constitutional amendments has gotten out of hand. The constitution provides for another means of passing amendments which I perfer. My unit and several others did not have a delegate to the Perry International and our 25 votes went uncounted. The delegate vote should be limited to emergency items that can not wait for a vote from all the units.
Good afternoon Richard- this task was assigned to us from our Regional VP being brought up by our two Canadian Units. This past year they were unable to send a delegate to Perry to vote hence 2 of those twenty-five votes which were never cast. I am working on the idea of a unit being able to assign their vote to another WBCCI officer from a unit within their region who will be in attendance at the International meeting and who is not a delegate for his/her unit. As the motion changes on the floor the proxy holder will be able to vote as instructed on any variations of a motion as placed upon the floor. We only have a draft at this point and have much work to do but we do have the blessing of IBT to work on this as a committee. I am one of three member on this committee and we are working very well together and I know we will come up with a worthy amendment to send up.

Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind