Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-22-2007, 11:28 AM   #15
Rivet Master
 
wkerfoot's Avatar
 
1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickandsandi
Bill, we have six units in our region from Connecticut up to and including Canada. Each unit holds rallies in their perspective areas and the Region Rally as in other regions moves from one unit to the next year after year.

Charter Oak Connecticut
New England
White Mountains
Canadian Atlantic
Quebec Canada
Cape Cod
Rick,

I understand that, but if you plotted the rally locations for all of the units in both regions, how far apart would they be? We have 13 units in Region 12 and the farthest rally locations are probably about 500 miles apart, although I have not plotted them.

Bill
__________________

__________________
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 11:53 AM   #16
Classic 325 MH
 
Eddy's Avatar
 
1985 32.5' Airstream 325
Rochester , New Hampshire
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickandsandi
Good afternoon Leo and my fellow WBCCI members. As promised I would like to address some of Leo's well thought out question:


Mail Ballots: Right now almost every WBCCI unit has provisions for mail-in ballots. Other than the logistics and expense, I would support a system that would allow each and every WBCCI member to vote and for that vote to be counted on the International level.

more to follow......

Rick, the units may have a provision for mail in ballots, but some of them seem to be provisional based on whether or not there is a "proposal when such is deemed desirable or necesary."

In our case the NEU provision for a mail in ballot voting needs to be updated to include all forms of voting. Unless I am reading this wrong (Article 6 Section 6 of the NEU Constitution) a vote can either be all mail in or all handled at a meeting and this choice is decided on by I don't really know who; I was told the President. Someone should not have to be at a meeting to be able to have their vote count.

At the same time, people choosing to use their votes should make the effort to educate themselves on the issues.

I am looking forward to hearing the rest of your responses to Leo's questions.

Kristine
__________________

__________________
Jeff & Kristine
Classic 1985 325 Motor Home
New England Unit
WBCCI # 5971
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 12:12 PM   #17
Certifiable
 
mistral blue's Avatar
 
. , .
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkerfoot
Rick,

I understand that, but if you plotted the rally locations for all of the units in both regions, how far apart would they be? We have 13 units in Region 12 and the farthest rally locations are probably about 500 miles apart, although I have not plotted them.

Bill
I just did a quick scan of Regions 1 and 2. It's pretty big! I was surprised. I'm sure there's bigger of course.

I also imagined if I were grand poobah for a month and wanted to visit some rallys. From my house in CT to Trois Rivieres, QC - 7 hours, 23 minutes, 437 miles. From there to Orillia, ON - 8 hours, 12 minutes, 452 miles. From there to Staunton, VA - 11 hours, 12 minutes, 667 miles. From there to home - 7 hours, 33 minutes, 450 miles.

1 month, 3 rallies, 34 hours & 21 minutes driving time, 2006 miles.

And from Eureka to Chula Vista your looking at 772 miles. 1 State. 1 way!

Ouch!
__________________
"IT'S A MAGICAL WORLD, HOBBES, OL' BUDDY... LET'S GO EXPLORING!" ~ CALVIN
mistral blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 02:11 PM   #18
Classic 325 MH
 
Eddy's Avatar
 
1985 32.5' Airstream 325
Rochester , New Hampshire
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 362
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistral blue
I just did a quick scan of Regions 1 and 2. It's pretty big! I was surprised. I'm sure there's bigger of course.

I also imagined if I were grand poobah for a month and wanted to visit some rallys. From my house in CT to Trois Rivieres, QC - 7 hours, 23 minutes, 437 miles. From there to Orillia, ON - 8 hours, 12 minutes, 452 miles. From there to Staunton, VA - 11 hours, 12 minutes, 667 miles. From there to home - 7 hours, 33 minutes, 450 miles.

1 month, 3 rallies, 34 hours & 21 minutes driving time, 2006 miles.

And from Eureka to Chula Vista your looking at 772 miles. 1 State. 1 way!

Ouch!
Great stats, Don! Nice Job!
__________________
Jeff & Kristine
Classic 1985 325 Motor Home
New England Unit
WBCCI # 5971
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:06 AM   #19
Always Airstreaming!
 
rickandsandi's Avatar
 
2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,114
Send a message via AIM to rickandsandi
Good morning Leo- I will be getting back to the rest of your questions, but for someone who has so much to say, ideas etc. why is is that we don't see your name on a ballot? As a Unit Officer you too must be very concerned and do have the opportunity to make change. In fact your chances of getting into a regional office are quite a bit better than mine at this point because of you tenure. Just wondering. Wouldn't it be great that we could change everything in one giant fell swoop? Nothing is that easy. It is required that a Regional Officer visit each unit at least once during their term. Since I consider the next generation of WBCCI, early 50's, family man, two income household, I could not travel (thanks for the homework Don!) throughout new new proposed joint by you Region 1. In addition, have you been asking any questions or requested comments from the nominated candidate for Region 1, 2nd VP? I am sorry you feel that I am of the old mold and just another Red Coat. Please take a moment to read my past posts here on the forum and you will see things much differently I promise. In truth, the reason I did not recieve the nomination from the committee was because of my hard stand for change as noted here on the forum and they had printed out hard copies and attached to my resume.

Rick
__________________
J. Rick Cipot
Sandi Gould
NEU New England Unit
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
rickandsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 09:05 AM   #20
Patriotic
 
Chuck's Avatar

 
1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 4,533
Images: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistral blue
I just did a quick scan of Regions 1 and 2. It's pretty big! I was surprised. I'm sure there's bigger of course.

I also imagined if I were grand poobah for a month and wanted to visit some rallys. From my house in CT to Trois Rivieres, QC - 7 hours, 23 minutes, 437 miles. From there to Orillia, ON - 8 hours, 12 minutes, 452 miles. From there to Staunton, VA - 11 hours, 12 minutes, 667 miles. From there to home - 7 hours, 33 minutes, 450 miles.

1 month, 3 rallies, 34 hours & 21 minutes driving time, 2006 miles.

And from Eureka to Chula Vista your looking at 772 miles. 1 State. 1 way!

Ouch!
I'd add that next year's Region 1 rally is 600 miles from my house...and Don and Rick are 200 miles in the other direction. 800 miles, one way, for them. All of these locations are well within the geographical bounds of Region 1.
__________________
Air:291
Wbcci: 3752
'73 Safari 23'
'00 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QC
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 09:13 AM   #21
Classic 325 MH
 
Eddy's Avatar
 
1985 32.5' Airstream 325
Rochester , New Hampshire
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 362
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65GT
Actually Rick I ran for International Office from the floor in Perry. I believe for the most part that what gets through the nominating committee is more of the same. We've got 30 years of more of the same -- time for something new.

I'll be running for International Office again in Bozeman only this time (there are THREE of us right now -- reaching for FIVE) we'll be notifying units in January that they have a choice.

We'll give each unit resumes and position papers outlining each of our different visions. We're not representing a unison party or anything -- certainly not marching in lock-step -- there are differences between us but the goal first and foremost is to shape our IBT into a governing body that looks more like the membership. Vintage owners, classic owners, life members, but primarily travel trailer owners. 87% of this club is travel trailer owners yet our Executive Committee is overwhelmingly MoHo owners. That's the root cause of the trouble this club has experienced since the IBT class of '03.

Is a Region Officer limited to President, 1st VP, 2nd VP? I don't think so. At a minimum you have two other Region Officers, a Treasurer and Secretary.

"The President may also appoint others to the region staff for the management and welfare of the region." Are those other Region Office holders not Officers? You have many other Region Officers that can help fulfill that visitation requirement. In a large region there should be a concious attempt at placing or appointing officers from all over the region to help fulfill that goal.

I know most visits are unit installations which are usually done during luncheons or dinners. No need to haul that Twinkie. Besides, when scaling back there's no reason that requirement can't be made to alternating year visits, don't you think?

I mean we have to fix this situation don't we? Or do we just plod along with that good 'ol boyz 4% annual decline number?

Region 2 has 18 units but region three has 22 -- I'm sure they manage.

I don't think you're just another red coat -- you don't own a red coat do you?

I haven't seen anyone else declare their candidacy for R1 2nd VP. If you have somebody else send 'em on over. Giving members a choice is what this is all about isn't it? We're looking for differentiators between old and new and especially between TWO or more candidates seeking the same office.

Heck, if you get through all of those questions and we can get any other candidate to do the same we'll make up a two column check-box summary. I'm sure the 300+ members of R1 would just love to have that to help make their decision. We could start a whole new WBCCI trend, don't you think? Hey -- will there be a paper ballot or will you have to attend your unit's business meeting to make that vote?

I still stand by my analysis so far -- I don't see any new processes, procedures, changes, or improvements based on your statements. As a future member of Region 1 (after the merger) I'm looking forward to the rest of your answers if you'd be so kind...

__
I can honestly say I have not read the "rules and regulations" as they are, however, I like and support your train of thought on these issues and the changes that can be made for the future of the club.
__________________
Jeff & Kristine
Classic 1985 325 Motor Home
New England Unit
WBCCI # 5971
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 11:36 AM   #22
Certifiable
 
mistral blue's Avatar
 
. , .
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy
I can honestly say I have not read the "rules and regulations" as they are, however, I like and support your train of thought on these issues and the changes that can be made for the future of the club.
I do too Eddy.

A couple of other questions (directed to no one in particular) are running around in my brain and I'd like to get rid of them if I may.

Who else is running for R1,2VP? Have they already been "anointed" (as previously characterized) by a Nominating Committee? Who is on this Committee?

Region Officer Visitation Requirement: What purpose does this serve and do we really need it? Why? Isn't it really just a ceremonial requirement? What are the actual expenses/overhead of our Region? Wouldn't our Region Officers be more effective without such an encumberance? Can they not communicate effectively with their Units using other means?

I think I'll stop there for now.

Thank you all in advance for any consideration you may give to my questions and for your thoughtful answers.
__________________
"IT'S A MAGICAL WORLD, HOBBES, OL' BUDDY... LET'S GO EXPLORING!" ~ CALVIN
mistral blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 12:02 PM   #23
Always Airstreaming!
 
rickandsandi's Avatar
 
2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,114
Send a message via AIM to rickandsandi
Just to clear tings up a little while I am finishing up lunch, Dan Dureiko #29072, Cape Cod Unit President is the candidate endorsed by the nominating committee for Region 1 and so presented at the R1 Fall Business meeting. My name was presented for nomination to the floor from a member of the sitting board. The ballots have been sent out to all Region 1 Presidents to present to their units at their fall business meetings, with each unit getting one vote. Does the process need to be changed Leo, you bet it does but to what extent and what process, that can not be answered easily here on the forum but must be brought before the IBT for discussion. Right now I am sitting on a Region 1 committee to develope a proposal to IBT for allowing Proxy Voting on the International level. This is just one more step in providing everyone a vote. As you know currently if you do not send a delegate to International you have no vote. This needs changing along with many other items but I feel it is a good start. At least someone is listening to me. As for the dress code as you mentioned in your earlier post; I feel there are many things that need changing to attract more families like mine into the club, but I also believe in remembering our roots, I have no objection at all to the red jackets (not coats) and the flags. I do oppose special privilages and perks for those who do wear the red jackets. If I do win my nomination and proceed up through the ranks I WILL NOT change my WBCCI numbers.

Rick
__________________
J. Rick Cipot
Sandi Gould
NEU New England Unit
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
rickandsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 12:38 PM   #24
Rivet Master
 
wkerfoot's Avatar
 
1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistral blue
I just did a quick scan of Regions 1 and 2. It's pretty big! I was surprised. I'm sure there's bigger of course.

I also imagined if I were grand poobah for a month and wanted to visit some rallys. From my house in CT to Trois Rivieres, QC - 7 hours, 23 minutes, 437 miles. From there to Orillia, ON - 8 hours, 12 minutes, 452 miles. From there to Staunton, VA - 11 hours, 12 minutes, 667 miles. From there to home - 7 hours, 33 minutes, 450 miles.

1 month, 3 rallies, 34 hours & 21 minutes driving time, 2006 miles.

And from Eureka to Chula Vista your looking at 772 miles. 1 State. 1 way!

Ouch!
Long way from Chula Vista to Eureka, but I don't think there are many rallies in Eureka and if there is one there, I am sure that the sponsoring unit has rallies somewhere else to attend.

Bill
__________________
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 12:46 PM   #25
Rivet Master
 
SilverCabin's Avatar

 
2014 27' Flying Cloud
Viera , Florida
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickandsandi
...I WILL NOT change my WBCCI numbers.

Rick
Rick,

What does that mean?

As a fairly new WBCCI member (7 months), I'm just trying to learn by reading all these posts.

Thanks,

Randy
__________________
Randy and Pat Godfrey
Region 3 2nd VP, Newsletter Editor, Florida Unit
WBCCI# 7591 - AIR# 17017
2014 27FB Flying Cloud - SilverCabin II
2006 Lincoln Mark LT - Hoke

A journey of a thousand miles, begins with a cash advance
SilverCabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 12:50 PM   #26
Rivet Master
 
streamer23's Avatar
 
NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 5,448
Images: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCabin
Rick,

What does that mean?

As a fairly new WBCCI member (7 months), I'm just trying to learn by reading all these posts.

Thanks,

Randy

I can answer that for you.To the best of my knowledge,
when one becomes a Region President a lower WBCCI number is usually issued to them.It is usually in the 200-350 range.This is done by a draw of the available numbers in the range.
__________________
Mike

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
streamer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 01:55 PM   #27
Classic 325 MH
 
Eddy's Avatar
 
1985 32.5' Airstream 325
Rochester , New Hampshire
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistral blue
I do too Eddy.

A couple of other questions (directed to no one in particular) are running around in my brain and I'd like to get rid of them if I may.

Who else is running for R1,2VP? Have they already been "anointed" (as previously characterized) by a Nominating Committee? Who is on this Committee?

Region Officer Visitation Requirement: What purpose does this serve and do we really need it? Why? Isn't it really just a ceremonial requirement? What are the actual expenses/overhead of our Region? Wouldn't our Region Officers be more effective without such an encumberance? Can they not communicate effectively with their Units using other means?

I think I'll stop there for now.

Thank you all in advance for any consideration you may give to my questions and for your thoughtful answers.
Don, these are great questions and I do hope the answers will be posted here. I would also like to know.

Kristine
__________________
Jeff & Kristine
Classic 1985 325 Motor Home
New England Unit
WBCCI # 5971
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 02:14 PM   #28
Classic 325 MH
 
Eddy's Avatar
 
1985 32.5' Airstream 325
Rochester , New Hampshire
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickandsandi
Just to clear tings up a little while I am finishing up lunch, Dan Dureiko #29072, Cape Cod Unit President is the candidate endorsed by the nominating committee for Region 1 and so presented at the R1 Fall Business meeting. My name was presented for nomination to the floor from a member of the sitting board. The ballots have been sent out to all Region 1 Presidents to present to their units at their fall business meetings, with each unit getting one vote.
Rick, this information would be helpful to know before the fall meeting. Am I understanding you correctly that at the September meeting we have a chance to vote (if we are in attendance of course) for these positions and we don't even know who they are or how they stand on issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickandsandi
Does the process need to be changed Leo, you bet it does but to what extent and what process, that can not be answered easily here on the forum but must be brought before the IBT for discussion. Right now I am sitting on a Region 1 committee to develope a proposal to IBT for allowing Proxy Voting on the International level. This is just one more step in providing everyone a vote. As you know currently if you do not send a delegate to International you have no vote. This needs changing along with many other items but I feel it is a good start.
Rick, this is what I am interested in hearing about from you. What are your positions on the issues and what steps do you plan on taking towards helping the changes needed for growth?

You are getting the questions because you have posted on the forums. I think it would be great if everyone running in all the units answered them and spoke up on where they stand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickandsandi
At least someone is listening to me. As for the dress code as you mentioned in your earlier post; I feel there are many things that need changing to attract more families like mine into the club, but I also believe in remembering our roots, I have no objection at all to the red jackets (not coats) and the flags. I do oppose special privilages and perks for those who do wear the red jackets. If I do win my nomination and proceed up through the ranks I WILL NOT change my WBCCI numbers.

Rick
I agree that remembering the roots of the club needs to be present in the decision making process, but changing how the club does business does not suddenly eliminate the history of what the club is.

We haven't been members long enough to have a lot to say, however, we obviously joined during two somewhat volatile issues which have forced us to take notice and pay attention to what is happening. Not a bad thing really considering the price of membership.
__________________

__________________
Jeff & Kristine
Classic 1985 325 Motor Home
New England Unit
WBCCI # 5971
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WBCCI Region stats streamer23 WBCCI Forum 13 10-08-2006 01:58 PM
CCD 2nd excursion ChrisAich 2002 - 2005 International 18 07-29-2003 05:34 PM
Region 9 Computer Rally Pahaska WBCCI Rallies & Events 2 03-01-2003 11:41 PM
Next Classic Airstream Motorhome Rally winner WBCCI Rallies & Events 38 04-24-2002 12:22 PM
Wbcci Region 7 jcooper Link Archive 0 04-06-2002 01:59 PM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.