Old 07-04-2011, 07:46 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member
2004 34' Classic S/O
Brooksville , Florida
Region 1 1st VP Resigned

I officially resigned as Region 1 1st VP. I'd thought of trying to swap places with 2nd VP to give me two more years. However, being a new hire at FedEx, I simply can not make ANY IBT meetings in the near future. I can't even get time off for my own Region 1 Rally. As many of my friends have said, it's extremely difficult for a working person to be a Region or Int'l officer. For those of you that do not know me that well. When elected, I was a very senior Flight Attendant for ATA Airlines, had six weeks vacation and 12 days in a row off a month, therefore could make every is different for me now I hope to stay involved with my Cape Cod Unit as much as I can, especially for our special events Columbus Day Rally. I did manage to get that week off!

DFDureiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 08:08 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1991 35' Airstream 350
Carriere , Mississippi
Send a message via Skype™ to wxbuoy
Why? So you can't make stuff because your working. A lot of us work and need someone, just like you to put the face on the working members!! If the club doesn't cater to and understand the working folks, than it is lost. I have been to an IBT and an international, a waste of time and accomplishes nothing!!

Dave and Felicia
wxbuoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 08:46 PM   #3
Rivet Master
2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
That's right WBCCI needs you! Rather WE need you. I have been waiting for all of you to make it up the ladder and hate to see you go off track when you are so close.

wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:48 PM   #4
Rivet Master
1962 22' Safari
1957 22' Custom
Vacationland , Maine
Sorry to hear this news Dan......your long term club experience will be missed. But you can only do so many things at one time. Hope to make the next CD rally and hope to see you then. Thanks for all of your work so far.

Gary & Jane
neu/RR 1 members
safari62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:45 AM   #5
Rivet Master
Currently Looking...
Corpus Christi , Texas
We don't know you and we we are from a different part of the country but I think the same laws of common sense still apply. You have to take care of yourself, before you can try to take care of others. I paraphrase but you may recognize the saying...."When the oxygen mask drops, place it on yourself and THEN, help the ones around you that may need assistance."

I saw another thread starting about a sub-group for working people. Seems like it would make sense for many of us.
Chuck & Skye
Rock and Roll Will Never Die!

WBCCI 3805
AIR 54011 Since July 2011
casa3805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 02:10 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member
1993 34' Limited
Scituate , Massachusetts
Disappointed but Understand

Sorry to hear you've come to this decision; it must have been working at you for months. I was hoping it would work out for you and I am sorry it didn't.
wbcci3371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 08:26 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member
1980 31' Excella II
Spring Hill , Florida
Hey Dan,

We're sorry to hear you resigned. Can't pass up a good job in this economy. Your long experience with WBCCI will be missed in Region 1. I had to resign as a 1st VP in 1996 and give up my Airstream. This year I am President of the PA Unit - new AS, new wife, new life. Things have a way of working out so, we know we'll see you, again, down the road. Good Luck, buddy. Ron & Jan
mapley3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 02:47 PM   #8
Rivet Master
2001 34' Limited S/O
Moyock , North Carolina
Dan It has been a pleasure to get to know you and Bob. You are missed on the board. I'm not sure everyone understands the amount of time, energy and miles a region officer has to commit in order to do the job that his region has elected him. Wishing you the best and as one that has walked in your shoes I understand. Rick
Keep the shiny side up.
WBCCI # 348
Past Region 3 President
Past President Tidewater Unit 111
Rick Bell in "Silverbell"
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 03:39 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member
2004 30' Classic Slideout
Kerrville , Texas
The Right Decision

I happened to read your decision on resigning your position and you certainly have a valid reason. Its too bad that the Region and Intl terms are so long and time consuming. This really has to change for the club to survive. We need young working people in the club to go camping and have a good time. Not to have to dress to the HILT and spend time not camping!! Lets keep our fingers crossed that the Light will come on someday.
By the way, I use to live in Tolland, Ct. before moving to Kerrville, Tx.
My wife's cousin still lives in N. Franklin along with her retired husband (gamewarden) Bet you know them!! haha
Good luck with your new job, and hopefully you can go camping with your Airstream and relax!!
Rich Gallagher (Retired Pratt & Whitney)

richg is offline   Reply With Quote